U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:26 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,120,926 times

Advertisements

Somehow it seems that the Christmas holidays may have been selected as the perfect time to issue this Executive Order. December 17 was so close to the end of the Senate healthcare debate, very near to Christmas day, the beginning of the Obama's vacation in Hawaii and a great time to issue this Order and have it blow right under the MSM's radar. I think that I never heard any mention of this even from Fox. Just too many real big things going on to tell the people about this one, I guess.

ThreatsWatch.Org: PrincipalAnalysis: Wither Sovereignty

When the paths on the road map converge - Iraq withdrawal, Guantánamo closure, perceived American image improved internationally, and an empowered INTERPOL in the United States - it is probable that President Barack Obama will once again make America a signatory to the International Criminal Court. It will be a move that surrenders American sovereignty to an international body whose INTERPOL enforcement arm has already been elevated above the Constitution and American domestic law enforcement.

Just one paragraph of four in the analysis of what the link contains. Read it and see why I am concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 08:34 PM

3,741 posts, read 3,086,425 times
I thought only Congress can ratify a treaty.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:38 PM

16,935 posts, read 22,198,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
No obstacle to the great dictator.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:41 PM

13,053 posts, read 7,777,215 times
You wish, Roy, you wish.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You wish, Roy, you wish.
I wish that he could do away with our sovereignty by joining back up with the ICC that was established by the treaty of Rome and never approved by the Senate? No, I don't think so. I have no desire to see a President throw out an EO like that one and give an international law enforcement agency any kind of diplomatic protection. I also have no desire to see the same man throw out an EO to approve something like that treaty without Senate approval. However, do you know how many Senators have to vote to approve a treaty. Maybe something like 67 of them.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
The approval by him of the diplomatic immunity for the international police agency has nothing to do with a treaty. Now giving them that sounds to me like he wants to eventually get the Senate involved in ratifying that treaty to give international agencies more power in the US than ever before.

Actually my main worry is what job Obama is to get when that One World Order is established. Do you suppose he could be the head officer? I hope not but with all the apologizing he has been doing there must be something afoot.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:26 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,047,376 times
All the fake Conservatives pick up their Libertarian signs when the Dems come to power.

They spent the last eight years imprisoning American citizens without trial (for five years), wiretapping without judicial oversight, denying habeus corpus, putting protestors in caged free speech zones blocks away from events, wire tapping reporters, torturing.

95% never uttered a word. Most actively supported it.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,013,351 times
Maybe we'll learn to behave ourselves if we're held accountable like the rest of the world. Don't do anything wrong and you won't have to worry about it.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:33 PM

3,191 posts, read 3,778,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
All the fake Conservatives pick up their Libertarian signs when the Dems come to power.

They spent the last eight years imprisoning American citizens without trial (for five years), wiretapping without judicial oversight, denying habeus corpus, putting protestors in caged free speech zones blocks away from events, wire tapping reporters, torturing.

95% never uttered a word. Most actively supported it.
link? proof?

p.s. your man obama continues the same policies you rail on.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:36 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,047,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post

p.s. your man obama continues the same policies you rail on.
Why don't you search under "Obama" for Titles started by padcrasher????

And learn what foolishness you're babbling yet AGAIN.....LOL

I'm not like you I have principles that trancend party lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies