U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 03:44 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
oh Laura, Laura. Laura.....get a grip
Laura? There was a Laura?????

Old 12-27-2009, 03:49 PM

19,433 posts, read 17,678,014 times
We all should be scared of her because if by some slim chance she became POTUS, the America that we now know would be trashed. God help us all if she did.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:15 PM

30,513 posts, read 33,335,622 times
She quit politics and won't ever run for office again. I don't know why people can't understand that.
However, she probably will get her own talk show on tv at some point. She has the looks and with the proper handling she can make a very presentable voice for the conservative party. Much more so than, say, someone like Glen Beck. I think the time of blithering, crying, angry, frothing at the mouth talking heads is just about over anyway. Time for something new and if Sarah is half as clever as her fans think she is this is she will set herself up to be part of the next big thing.

If she doesn't....well then we all know the truth don't we?

Old 12-27-2009, 04:17 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,220,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
We all should be scared of her because if by some slim chance she became POTUS, the America that we now know would be trashed. God help us all if she did.
yeah, Air Force One would land just about anywhere and nobody would come out to greet it. The U.S. would have to hire "spectators" to show "spontaneous" suppor for the "U.S. President". Terrorist threats would be reduced to zero for pity for the "stupid Americans" putting her in office.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:17 PM

7,342 posts, read 7,119,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

I have to ask that question. I need to know why Sarah Palin gets so much attention from the left?
I have to ask this question. I need to know why Sarah Palin gets so much attention from you?

Jumped The Gun - Palin
LauraC

Palin and Birth Control - Get it Right
LauraC

Is This Palin Prank Supposed to Be Funny?
LauraC

Bill O'Reilly to Do A Three Part Interview With Sarah Palin Next Week
LauraC

Sarah Palin Is A Ratings Getter
LauraC

Nancy Pelosi and Sarah Palin Have Something In Common
LauraC

Libs, Why are You Afraid of Sarah Palin?
LauraC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC

It's obvious you're afraid of her or you wouldn't spend so much time, money and energy on making sure her name and face is front and center.
It's obvious you're afraid of her or you wouldn't spend so much time and energy on making sure her name is front and center on this forum.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:19 PM

30,513 posts, read 33,335,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I have to ask this question. I need to know why Sarah Palin gets so much attention from you?

Jumped The Gun - Palin
LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

It's obvious you're afraid of her or you wouldn't spend so much time and energy on making sure her name is front and center on this forum.
Hahahahaha!

Old 12-27-2009, 04:20 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,133,844 times
Quote:

Jumped The Gun - Palin
LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

Another attempt by a prog to deflect the discussion from why they are so afraid of Palin. Please look at the number of posts I have in favor of her and post them for everyone to see. That should deflect the discussion, I would think.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:28 PM

838 posts, read 867,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Another attempt by a prog to deflect the discussion from why they are so afraid of Palin. Please look at the number of posts I have in favor of her and post them for everyone to see. That should deflect the discussion, I would think.
The 'discussion' itself is an empty one; it's ridiculous and absurd! The poster to which you were responding was merely pointing out that the premise of the question asked itself was preposterous. This notion that liberals must be 'afraid' of Palin because they pay attention to her makes no sense. I pay a lot of attention to my favorite bands, too, so does that mean I'm afraid of them as well? It is the media which is primarily responsible for the attention paid to Sarah Palin. She is a major player in American Politics now so she does deserve our attention and is going to be analyzed, just like every other major politician. There is absolutely no logical connection between attention and fear; it's a non sequitur. What's more, this 'question' has been answered repeatedly in this thread yet you just ignore the answers because you don't like them.

Speaking solely for myself, I, the proud liberal that I am, do pay some attention to Palin, not because of any sense of fear but rather because I find her rather fascinating. As I said earlier in this thread, I actually kinda like having her around for the entertainment value, always curious to see what she's going to do next. I also like having her around because I honestly believe she is damaging the Republican Party (and there are several prominent Republicans, both of the more moderate and more intellectual variety, who seem to agree). She is not helping attract moderates to the party and when you have a two-party system like we do here in America, the party that can't attract votes from the center can't win national elections.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
DEFLECT???!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry, you missed the first 10 pages of

N O T D E F L E C T I N G !!!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's a little more like OP posted and then defected...flew away...ran away...bye bye...

Old 12-27-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Jumped The Gun - Palin
LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

LauraC

Thank you...

And then there's the other heavy breather, the repug who posts every time Palin breathes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or