U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:46 PM

34,599 posts, read 33,585,802 times

Advertisements

I have to ask that question. I need to know why Sarah Palin gets so much attention from the left? It's obvious you're afraid of her or you wouldn't spend so much time, money and energy on making sure her name and face is front and center. Your efforts alone have probably raised the amount of money she can get for making a personal appearance or speech somewhere. Seriously, how much pro-Palin publicity do you see out there compared to your effort? You're raising money for her and you don't even know it. I know you are hoping that people will see/hear your efforts and hope they vote against her. I don't know about that strategy.

I've seen this effort before with a different candidate --- Hillary Clinton. I can't begin to tell you how much time, money and energy the right spent on making HC a bogeyman. I know because I received at least 5 - 6 pieces of mail a day with her name and face plastered all over it for more than a year. Her name was used in surveys to raise money, too. Every right wing TV analyst invoked her name every chance they got. By the time it was obvious that the right spent so much effort on the person that wasn't going to be the candidate, it was too late to do the same for the actual candidate --- Obama.

If Sarah Palin is all of the things you think and say she is, why are you so afraid of her that you are willing to give her all of this free publicity?

Old 12-26-2009, 11:51 PM

13,906 posts, read 19,079,648 times
I have to ask why you Sarah Palin lovers think that us laughing at her constant screw ups somehow shows that we're afraid of her, especially when she's the media ***** who can't get enough of the cameras.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:57 PM

21,655 posts, read 27,730,260 times
I'm not quite a liberal, and I'm not afraid of Sarah Palin as a person. What causes consternation among some people, though, is not so much Palin as her "followers". It was downright eerie listening to some of them during her little rallies. To some people, she's representative of the dumbing down of the United States, the whole "anti-elitist, real American" thing...

I don't know that discussion of Palin on what's basically a real estate forum constitutes free publicity and I haven't seen much discussion of her in the "press" lately. She seems to be closing in fast on her 17th minute.

And then, some of us have seen just how quickly she can change positions depending on what she thinks her "base" wants to hear.

Personally, I would be afraid if her hand were anywhere near the red button because I don't believe her to be in possession of anything resembling the mentality necessary to deal with such a complex responsibility. The concept of diplomacy is something that she's proven is beyond her and her propensity not only to pick fights but to go looking for them may been a marginally acceptable political style when she was mayor of Wasilla, but it did not serve her well as governor of my state and it certainly wouldn't be in the best interests of this country were she to hold any sort of national office.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,067,041 times
Palin is for real and the Dems should be afraid!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I have to ask why you Sarah Palin lovers think that us laughing at her constant screw ups somehow shows that we're afraid of her, especially when she's the media ***** who can't get enough of the cameras.
Because that's all they've got. It's a lame old silencing tactic, that's all.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:04 AM

18,977 posts, read 15,432,602 times
As I have said numerous times I am not scared of Palin and in fact would love it if she won the GOP's nomination in 2012. Commenting on her stupidity and lies does not make some one afraid of her.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:07 AM

968 posts, read 1,814,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Palin is for real and the Dems should be afraid!

Her high level of intelligence is what is so scary.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
Her high level of intelligence is what is so scary.
Kindly do expound.

I do know that it's one of the great regrets of my life that I didn't attend a succession of Tier 4 colleges and gained, among other things, a stellar grasp of world geography.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:14 AM

2,015 posts, read 4,653,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I have to ask that question. I need to know why Sarah Palin gets so much attention from the left? It's obvious you're afraid of her or you wouldn't spend so much time, money and energy on making sure her name and face is front and center. Your efforts alone have probably raised the amount of money she can get for making a personal appearance or speech somewhere. Seriously, how much pro-Palin publicity do you see out there compared to your effort? You're raising money for her and you don't even know it. I know you are hoping that people will see/hear your efforts and hope they vote against her. I don't know about that strategy.

I've seen this effort before with a different candidate --- Hillary Clinton. I can't begin to tell you how much time, money and energy the right spent on making HC a bogeyman. I know because I received at least 5 - 6 pieces of mail a day with her name and face plastered all over it for more than a year. Her name was used in surveys to raise money, too. Every right wing TV analyst invoked her name every chance they got. By the time it was obvious that the right spent so much effort on the person that wasn't going to be the candidate, it was too late to do the same for the actual candidate --- Obama.

If Sarah Palin is all of the things you think and say she is, why are you so afraid of her that you are willing to give her all of this free publicity?
The only thing that I'm "afraid" of is that there are people who support her relentlessly and with religious-like fervor in spite of the fact that she has nothing, NOTHING WHATSOEVER that makes her a leader.

EVERY TIME I see Sarah Palin on TV, or read anything written by her, she is ALWAYS blaming someone else for her shortcomings, her mistakes, things that went wrong, etc. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault, someone that's trying to sabatoge her, put her in a bad light, etc. She NEVER takes one iota of responsibility for herself, she's always the professional victim. These are not traits of a leader whatsoever.

She doesn't appear to be a good team player either. She appears to burn bridges and relationships, instead of nurturing them and building them. This applies to both personal as well as business. She doesn't "play well" with others. She seems to be out for herself and if that means stepping on others as she's climbing her way to the top, then so be it. These are not traits of a person who should be a leader.

She has shown herself to be vindictive and hateful - these are not traits that are admirable and certainly not those of a future leader.

She has been proven to have a propensity of misusing her power and when things don't go her way or when she decides that she can do better for herself elsewhere, she quits. This has been demonstrated by the fact that it took six colleges to earn ONE measly bachelor's degree as well as her grandiose action of quitting her position as governor of Alaska. A quitter is a quitter is a quitter...no matter how much she tries to paint a different picture. She wanted more money and power than her position of governor afforded her, so she quit on the people of Alaska because there were riper pickings elsewhere. At least she could have been honest about it. Why not say that she's in it (by "it" - I mean EVERYTHING) for herself and to h*ll with everyone and everything else. At least be honest about it. She paints herself as a "maverick" when in essence she's the same as the people she claims are the "elite", etc. To me, she is Eva Perone reincarnated.

I don't like the fact that she is a liar, mud-slinger and a hate monger. I don't like the fact that she invokes the WORST in others, not the best in others. A leader, in my book, is someone who has the ability to inspire others to greatness, to transcend their limitations and do good for themselves and the world. I have not seen this trait in Sarah Palin. In fact, her "strength" (if you can call it that) is that she invokes "fear" in others and appeals to people's primal fears and prejudices. This is not what America needs now or ever.

Last edited by Donna7; 12-27-2009 at 12:44 AM..

Old 12-27-2009, 12:16 AM

13,906 posts, read 19,079,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm not quite a liberal, and I'm not afraid of Sarah Palin as a person. What causes consternation among some people, though, is not so much Palin as her "followers". It was downright eerie listening to some of them during her little rallies. To some people, she's representative of the dumbing down of the United States, the whole "anti-elitist, real American" thing...

I don't know that discussion of Palin on what's basically a real estate forum constitutes free publicity and I haven't seen much discussion of her in the "press" lately. She seems to be closing in fast on her 17th minute.

And then, some of us have seen just how quickly she can change positions depending on what she thinks her "base" wants to hear.

Personally, I would be afraid if her hand were anywhere near the red button because I don't believe her to be in possession of anything resembling the mentality necessary to deal with such a complex responsibility. The concept of diplomacy is something that she's proven is beyond her and her propensity not only to pick fights but to go looking for them may been a marginally acceptable political style when she was mayor of Wasilla, but it did not serve her well as governor of my state and it certainly wouldn't be in the best interests of this country were she to hold any sort of national office.
Excellent post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or