Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 08:23 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- The jury is in on the Bush decade, and it's not looking good. At least according to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.
Source: 58%: Bush years ‘awful, not so good’ | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2009/12/58-bush-years-awful-good/ - broken link)

I know what you are thinking. Why isn't it higher? Well if you would count the Americans who thought it was just 'bad' it would be another 32%. Only 10% of Americans really liked the Bush decade. Most of them have found there way to CD. Thank you Bush for an awful decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 09:11 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
And yet 44% would prefer Bush be in office right now over Obama. Doesn't say much for the current administration, especially when you look at this...

Old 12-27-2009, 09:13 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
I know what you are thinking. Why isn't it higher? Well if you would count the Americans who thought it was just 'bad' it would be another 32%. Only 10% of Americans really liked the Bush decade..[/quote]

What I'm thinking is "Bush is gone, has been gone for a while, who cares who likes him, hates him, adores him................."

That's the stuff for people who get their news from People Magazine or Jon Stewart.

If you've heard your parents discussing the headlines lately, we've got enough on our plates right now to not have to wallow in yesterday's news.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:05 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,741 times
What I find amazing is that this is based off the events of the decade, not the political climate of the decade but you guys still find the need to place the blame on Bush.

38% said the worst thing was 9/11 - Act of terrorists
23% picked the mortgage and housing crisis - Actions of lots of folks
20% said the Iraq war - Okay, you can give this one to Bush
11% chose the stock market crash - Long overdue, just happened during Bush years
6% said Hurricane Katrina - Act of God

Like I have said before, automatically pushing the "It's Bush's Fault!!!" button every single time something isn't going great is getting pretty old.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:49 AM

299 posts, read 635,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
What I find amazing is that this is based off the events of the decade, not the political climate of the decade but you guys still find the need to place the blame on Bush.

38% said the worst thing was 9/11 - Act of terrorists
23% picked the mortgage and housing crisis - Actions of lots of folks
20% said the Iraq war - Okay, you can give this one to Bush
11% chose the stock market crash - Long overdue, just happened during Bush years
6% said Hurricane Katrina - Act of God

Like I have said before, automatically pushing the "It's Bush's Fault!!!" button every single time something isn't going great is getting pretty old.
Reagan became President in 1980, yet into '82 and later, it was still Carter's recession, all Carter's fault, yada, yada, yada!

What it boils down to is, it happened, fix it or stop complaining! Although as far as Katrina went, it was an act of God, but Bush could have and should have acted sooner to fix it. I guarantee that if it had been Naples or similar areas on the west coast of Florida, people would not have been sitting on their roof begging people to help them.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:26 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,121 times
Count me among those who is surprised the number isn't higher. But Americans are generally a forgiving people (regardless of the rhetoric on this forum) and perhaps many are just too relieved to rate Bush as they would have during his last months as President.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:33 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKR27540 View Post
Reagan became President in 1980, yet into '82 and later, it was still Carter's recession, all Carter's fault, yada, yada, yada!

What it boils down to is, it happened, fix it or stop complaining! Although as far as Katrina went, it was an act of God, but Bush could have and should have acted sooner to fix it. I guarantee that if it had been Naples or similar areas on the west coast of Florida, people would not have been sitting on their roof begging people to help them.
i beg to disagree! katrina was an act of god, as are all hurricanes. new orleans is below sea level and people have to realize that living below sea level entails some serious flooding risks....
you have probably never been in a hurricane to make that assumption. it is not easy to enter a hurricane ravaged area and it takes some time to clear it out for entry. people will always have to fend for themselves for a few days immediately following a hurricane, so the best thing to do is evacuate or be prepared, and i would think evacuation is the only option when you live below sea level. i will state that throwing huge amounts of money to rebuild a community that is below sea level is beyond stupid. people should be relocated AWAY from serious danger zones.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Could Obama have done any better than Bush? Apparently not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies