Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:58 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,314,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not as well as it should. As I stated, the fact that he was only put on a watch list requires more investigation and probably correction. But it's not the "sky is falling" spin scenario you guys would make it. Bottom line is the main fault and breakdown was him being allowed on the plane with explosives and that was not an area of responsibility of the US Gov. or Obama aqdministration as much as you guys would like to spin it so. It was the responsibility of the security at the Amsterdam airport and that system broke down in this case.
So you agree that Napolitanos is statement is out of line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 10:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I don't trust that witch. She called me a likely terrorist last spring when she said that veterans who tend to be conservative need to be watched. I am a veteran, (an old one) and I am very conservative.

Does anybody remember when Ted Kennedy turned up on a no-fly list? If a US Senator can get on that list why couldn't this guy get on that smaller list after his daddy turned him in to the US Ambassador? After what Homeland Security did with Kennedy I wonder if she would say that the system worked.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Yes I do. She was drowning during that interview and spent her time deflecting, rather that giving direct answers. I didn't like her when she was Gov. of Arizona and I don't like her now.

She's not going to give out any inside dope about what they know about the process that allowed the nigerian to get on the plane with a bomb. Having been involved in media control for high profile people in my career, I can tell you that her SOCO(Single Overiding Communication Objective) was to reassure the public that everything is under control and leave it at that. I'm sure she had already been briefed on the fact that the bomber had already stated that there are more, just like him on their way. But she's not going to start a panic on Sunday Morning TV. I'm sure she would be more direct at a senate committee hearing if asked to testify about the matter.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:17 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
heck my daughter made the no fly list cause she was born at home in a town that dried up and dont show up on most maps anymore except locally. this guy should never been allowed to board that plane

Old 12-27-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't trust that witch. She called me a likely terrorist last spring when she said that veterans who tend to be conservative need to be watched. I am a veteran, (an old one) and I am very conservative.

Does anybody remember when Ted Kennedy turned up on a no-fly list? If a US Senator can get on that list why couldn't this guy get on that smaller list after his daddy turned him in to the US Ambassador? After what Homeland Security did with Kennedy I wonder if she would say that the system worked.
I'm an old vet and I carried a voter reg card that said republican since 1970. It's only since 2004 that I've switched to Independant. The part I highlighted is the reason I have a problem debating honestly with you guys. You take the smallest grain of sand and tell every body it's a boulder. I'd like to see the link where she called Vets a terror threat. I'll bet it's nothing that you claim. And please don't give me some right wing spin blog interpretation. I'd need to see the actual quote.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:22 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times
Napolitano is a terrorist best friend. With idiots like this in charge of Homeland Security, America is a target. Anyone know if this dunce has been able to utter the word terrorist yet?

The hussein obama administration will destroy this country yet.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
heck my daughter made the no fly list cause she was born at home in a town that dried up and dont show up on most maps anymore except locally. this guy should never been allowed to board that plane
You are correct. He never should have been allowed to get on the plane. Let's investigate and see who exactly dropped the ball.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,181,020 times
I find it strange that posters say it is none of the United States business since that plane departed from Amsterdam.

ANY plane flying into a US airport is the business of the US

Old 12-27-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I find it strange that posters say it is none of the United States business since that plane departed from Amsterdam.

ANY plane flying into a US airport is the business of the US
Are you saying that the US is responsible for passenger inspection security at Amsterdam Airport?????? Since when do we have police security powers at foreign airports?

Old 12-27-2009, 10:29 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,181,020 times
KSTP TV ( Minneapolis) was at the airport interviewing people arriving from other countries and asked if they noticed any difference in security as they boarded in another country for their flight today.

The answer was a resounding----YES

Kinda makes Napolitano's assertion that--------" everything worked as planned"------ring hollow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies