Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 02:52 PM

221 posts, read 228,670 times

Advertisements

Romulus, Michigan (CNN) -- Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula claimed responsibility for the attempted Christmas Day terrorist attack on a plane about to land in the United States, saying it was in retaliation for alleged U.S. strikes on Yemeni soil.

In the statement, published on radical Islamist Web sites, the group hailed the "brother" who carried out the "heroic attack." The group said it tested a "new kind of explosives" in the attack, and hailed the fact that the explosives "passed through security."

The group threatened further attacks, saying, "since Americans support their leaders they should expect more from us."

"We have prepared men who love to die," the statement dated Saturday said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12...attempt/?imw=Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
Romulus, Michigan (CNN) -- Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula claimed responsibility for the attempted Christmas Day terrorist attack on a plane about to land in the United States, saying it was in retaliation for alleged U.S. strikes on Yemeni soil.

In the statement, published on radical Islamist Web sites, the group hailed the "brother" who carried out the "heroic attack." The group said it tested a "new kind of explosives" in the attack, and hailed the fact that the explosives "passed through security."

The group threatened further attacks, saying, "since Americans support their leaders they should expect more from us."

"We have prepared men who love to die," the statement dated Saturday said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12...attempt/?imw=Y

and how have we handled this act??
he was taken to the best hospital for burns
and is lawyered up
what a bunch of bull crap!
He is treated like he robbed a bank instead of the enemy of the Unites States

Old 12-28-2009, 03:04 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,716 times
For some reason, I'm not buying the story. I will continue to read everything coming on this. It just doesn't feel like the true Al Qaeda that I've read about.

I hope we like all the new secruity rules that are jumping up quickly--we will be protected. What happened to the protection we were suppose to have in place?

Old 12-28-2009, 03:05 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
They sound as stupid as the failed terrorist..."Yeah! We failed! We rock!" Sheesh! As a comedian pointed out, suicide bombers are ok in that they have short careers. With 3rd degree burns on both legs, this twit will be lucky to walk again, much less put together an inadequate (thankfully) bomb.
Out of 1.5 billion Muslims, we should be guaranteeing that no more of them grow to hate us enough to give their own lives in order to harm us. That and rooting them out of their "nerve centers" in the Middle East and elsewhere. The FBI is looking like it needs some serious revamping after their performance in the past decade.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:11 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,918 times
Must've been eating pork rinds during explosives class

Old 12-28-2009, 03:32 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
and how have we handled this act??
he was taken to the best hospital for burns
and is lawyered up
what a bunch of bull crap!
He is treated like he robbed a bank instead of the enemy of the Unites States
It's the new PC:

9/11 Bombers will get the same rights US Citizens do in their common criminal court trial

Navy Seals will have to fight charges against them for giving a bloody lip to a terrorist who reveled in the murder, mutilation, and public parade of civilian contractors.

It's a rainbow world, now.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
It's the new PC:

9/11 Bombers will get the same rights US Citizens do in their common criminal court trial

Navy Seals will have to fight charges against them for giving a bloody lip to a terrorist who reveled in the murder, mutilation, and public parade of civilian contractors.

It's a rainbow world, now.
The real problem is how do you stop these people who are willing to die for Allah? You can't scare them and you can't capture them all. Hopefully this dirtbag will give up some information.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
The real problem is how do you stop these people who are willing to die for Allah? You can't scare them and you can't capture them all. Hopefully this dirtbag will give up some information.
I hear you. I don't think there is any stopping them, really. And since we can't waterboard anymore, I doubt we'll get any helpful information.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I hear you. I don't think there is any stopping them, really. And since we can't waterboard anymore, I doubt we'll get any helpful information.
What ever happened to sodium pentathol?

Old 12-28-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
What ever happened to sodium pentathol?
Thanks for that LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies