Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Next the government will have everyone boarding a plane to be put through the see through all your clothes X-ray so why are you concerned about losing your liberties from me? I am not advocating that.

Be very afraid of me and stop looking at terrorists---they would love that.
There are a lot more of you than there are of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 07:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
There are a lot more of you than there are of them.
Good maybe we won't be blown up as soon as we all think we may be. It took 72 hours to inform Obama of the plane incident. No sense in letting him know when they can maybe blame Bush for it.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Good maybe we won't be blown up as soon as we all think we may be. It took 72 hours to inform Obama of the plane incident. No sense in letting him know when they can maybe blame Bush for it.

Yeah, let's give Dutch security a free pass and blame Presidents, it's easier than solving problems

Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
It would be more rational to worry about slipping in the shower than being blown up. Get a grip. No wonder all my pioneer ancestors were Democrats. You Repubs are a bunch of pantywaists.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
I don't think you're responsible for someone else's behavior just because you share their religion.
You are when you refuse to stand up and say this not the way of my religion and these people are whackos. I'm sure 99.9% of Christians would have no problem making that proclamation about someone like Eric Rudolph. How many Muslims would make same proclamation about these violent acts committed by other Muslims. More importantly how many of them are willing to stand up and face the leaders who support this? They can't even keep peace between themselves.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You are when you refuse to stand up and say this not the way of my religion and these people are whackos. I'm sure 99.9% of Christians would have no problem making that proclamation about someone like Eric Rudolph. How many Muslims would make same proclamation about these violent acts committed by other Muslims. More importantly how many of them are willing to stand up and face the leaders who support this? They can't even keep peace between themselves.
You really think folks involved in this type of activity are going to be influenced by the mainstream of their religion? What are you smoking? I think this is just a thinly veiled attempt by you and other rightwingers to paint a terrorist brush across the broader muslim community. If I were they I'd spit in your face.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:52 PM

608 posts, read 923,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
1 Rep for you! As I read through this argument, I'm delighted to see some rare intelligence and reason on this thread. I do find it strange that the Muslim population seems to have so little to say about all of this...

Old 12-28-2009, 07:53 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Don't hate anyone, but how about protecting the American People or others in our country.
So then why are you so into "why only hate Muslim terrorists?'

Get a grip.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:56 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
1 Rep for you! As I read through this argument, I'm delighted to see some rare intelligence and reason on this thread. I do find it strange that the Muslim population seems to have so little to say about all of this...

Do you also find strange the lack of Christians speaking out about those trying to label the Iraq war a "Task From God"? Or is the "My God is better than your God" BS OK when it's the 'right' God?

Old 12-28-2009, 07:57 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
You really think folks involved in this type of activity are going to be influenced by the mainstream of their religion? What are you smoking? I think this is just a thinly veiled attempt by you and other rightwingers to paint a terrorist brush across the broader muslim community. If I were they I'd spit in your face.
I've just lost all respect for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies