Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 02:17 AM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
First of all, marriage outdates your religion by far, and could be found across cultures and across time as well, cultures unsullied by your religion. Your religion doesn't own it. Mandatory church services wern't even required, For Roman Catholics Only mind you and no other denominations, until the 1500's.

Second, g'ment has been involved in marriage in this country since day one, thanks to common laws that migrated through our Revolution and into the new United States. Governments mandated who is a Marriage Officiant, and judges/justices have always been able to conduct legal wedding cerimonies.

Third, you are indeed ramming your religion in the above clearly hypocritical paragraph, by attempting to claim your religion owns marriage, and claiming said religion can eliminate a US minority from enjoying a basic Civil Right. Sorry, but we are not a Christian Nation, let alone a Christian Theocracy.

Fourth, civil unions are a distraction attempt generated by the anti-gays, a carrot-on-a-stick created because the anti-gays know that they cannot keep marriage from the GLBT community.

Civil unions do NOT, and by their very nature cannot, offer the same thousand plus rights and priviliges my wife and I enjoy. Civil unions are not recognized in every state, or even within all parts of a state. Besides not being equal in any manner, if a gay couple leaves their home town, they very well may temporarily loose the limited benefits of their civil union. Sound equal and fair to you?
Not only are you full of it, but an angry and condescending.

Marriage began as a social contract between families. The state's involvement was largely steeped in eugenics, and the desire to deny unions deemed unfit or unsavory ... the state always desires control of the sheep, always for their own good, of course.

The requirement of a marriage "license" suggests a privilege rather than a right, which is why it is repugnant to those who value liberty and consider themselves sovereigns. The "state" has no authority to deny the right of marriage, and therefore is overstepping it's authority by requiring such a license.

The form of this which you claim came over to the US in it's beginning stages is derived from common law, which grants no state authority to deny marriage.

A conservative you are not. A left wing, fascist ... that's entirely possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Not only are you full of it, but an angry and condescending.

Marriage began as a social contract between families. The state's involvement was largely steeped in eugenics, and the desire to deny unions deemed unfit or unsavory ... the state always desires control of the sheep, always for their own good, of course.

The requirement of a marriage "license" suggests a privilege rather than a right, which is why it is repugnant to those who value liberty and consider themselves sovereigns. The "state" has no authority to deny the right of marriage, and therefore is overstepping it's authority by requiring such a license.

The form of this which you claim came over to the US in it's beginning stages is derived from common law, which grants no state authority to deny marriage.

A conservative you are not. A left wing, fascist ... that's entirely possible.
What does your innacurate, rambling noncense have to do with my reply to another poster in the least? The other psoter attempted to claim that religion owned marriage.

And I am certainly left, left of Limbaugh that is, so I guess that does make me some "lib'ral facist" in your eyes.

Adn thank you for making the argument FOR Equality of Marriage for the GLBT community.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:12 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I've lived in NJ for 41 years, and I think everything your post represents is wrong.

Of course because you are the typical NJ person...
Government dependant and a government that taxes and taxes and taxes.
Did I miss anything.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Income taxes were added to the Constitution in the same exact manner that every other Amendment was added. There is nothing different or new about the 16th Amendment, nor the Laws within Title 4 (if memory serves) of the US Law Codes mandating SSi.

Second, States also have their own income taxes bite of the pie as well. You are fixating on only the federal level. And federal income taxes pay for our military as well. Shall we eliminate them from our budget? How about federal infrastructure, such as bridges and highways? Let them fall and fail? Shall we have a hodgepodge network of locally owned Air Traffic Controls? You're obviously not a truker and have no clue as to what the Feds have done to make our roads safer by mandating federal laws governing truck safety.

Thirdly, obviously your partisan hackery has blinded you to any comments of agreement you might miss in a reply that otherwise disagrees with your world view.

As noted above, I specifically stated that the current sytem is indeed flawed and mismanaged. However, this is certainly no reason to eliminate the institution. Changed to better serve We the PEople? Certainly.

BTW, your continued reference to income taxes as "criminal" only serves to eliminate your credibility. Income taxes were put in place by legal means, and are perfectly legal. Sorry if you don't like paying your fair share of the tax burden, but you could always go live in the woods somewhere.
First of all the income tax was added in 1913 before that we had different forms of taxation. Also because something is legal does not make it right. . Why not have a 100% income tax on everyone that would be LEGAL in your terms!! Thou my post is not all about the income tax it's just one part of the out of control government and its continued right to believe that taxing labor is the best option. You want to better serve the people remove the income tax replace is with a FEDERAL SALES TAX OF 3%.
Let the government run on that. But then again limited government wouldn't need a income tax.

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 07-15-2011 at 11:49 AM..

Old 07-15-2011, 11:41 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Some people use a lot of words to say something like...Yes, let Americans have their guns and bibles, and get rid of Obama and liberals.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:09 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Libertarians are always good for a quick laugh.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:10 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Of course because you are the typical NJ person...
Government dependant and a government that taxes and taxes and taxes.
Did I miss anything.
The fact that NJ has the one of the highest per capita incomes in the US? The good schools? The well maintained public parks, roads and beaches? The relatively low crime rate? The flourishing economy?

You get what you pay for. You pay for nothing and you get nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies