Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 11:36 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,625 times

Advertisements

Denial is part of the reason Conservatives lost the last election. Denying biggotry or attempts to tie Obama to radical Muslim terrorists did not get you anywhere and still won't. It is classless and tacky. Denying that the economy started failing a long time ago and implying that every problem in the US is the fault of the Obama adminstration will get you nowhere. Making up false numbers or saying that Americans are disappointed, blah, blah, blah does not make it true.

Get a new strategy and you may make some progress. Putting the needs of the people first and doing things that actually work rather than trying to scare people may actually work. Calling him Hussein is just another right wing scare tactic. We all know how scarey Muslims are to some people. Too bad for you, those people aren't the majority.

Calling him Hussein constantly is just silly. His name is Barak Hussein Obama...who gives a $#&^? I don't. It's the state of the union that matters. Why be a sore loser? If you are concerned about what's going on in our country, you have the right to speak on it. Being negative, childish and petty does nothing for the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He used his FULL name to take the oath of office, so that flushes down the crapper your premise. It is really YOUR problem with the use of his middle name. I suggest you get help with the knee-jerk reaction of calling people racists - that might change your view.

Imagine that, using someones middle name makes you a racist and a bigot. Amazing!

What about "W"?

Denial...My middle name was called when my diploma was handed to me. I don't go by it either. You know why they are using it.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:40 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
did you even look at what the results were? Right wing web sites and editorials. Not a single actual piece of news among them. All biased. At least the ones near the top. I didn't bother to scroll down.
Hmmm, you scanned over 1 million links, awesome clicking powers.

Try this search instead, it returns a more targeted collection of results

teaching "homosexuality in schools" - Google Search

Old 12-31-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The pitiful part is those that trash Christianity are the same ones that defend Islam
I haven't trashed any religion but extremism is the problem. A lunatic is a lunatic whether they're holding a bible or a koran. I feel that the pitiful part is people that have so many negative things to say about Islam know nothing about it and are usually just repeating something they heard from someone else.

There are some things in the bible that do not apply to life today and anyone can distort religion for their own agenda. I can give examples of Muslims, Christians, Hindus and even Buddhists that have commited violent acts all in the name of their religion. Is the religion to blame? No, the crazy lunatics are.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:47 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
LOL. Nice try. People are upset because of his POLICIES! Why can't you libs stop playing the race card? Who do you think got him elected? WHITE MEN determine elections. If you don't believe me, google it. STOP PLAYING THE TYPICAL LIBERAL VICTIM AND RACE CARD.

You want to compare what the left outspokenly and openly said about BUSH? I'm not a fan of Bush but for crying out loud. Stop the hypocrisy.
LOL nice try back at you. I'd be more inclined to believe that if it weren't for the fact that words like "Muslim" and "Hilter" and "Africa" and "Hussein" didn't pop up in the conversation so often...now I'll apologize if anybody can show me one policy that in any way, shape or form illustrates that Obama is the anti-Christ.

With most presidents you have the crazy people who hate the president because of his policies...with Obama you have the crazy people who hate him because of who he is.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:48 AM

283 posts, read 495,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Denial is part of the reason Conservatives lost the last election. Denying biggotry or attempts to tie Obama to radical Muslim terrorists did not get you anywhere and still won't. It is classless and tacky. Denying that the economy started failing a long time ago and implying that every problem in the US is the fault of the Obama adminstration will get you nowhere. Making up false numbers or saying that Americans are disappointed, blah, blah, blah does not make it true.

Get a new strategy and you may make some progress. Putting the needs of the people first and doing things that actually work rather than trying to scare people may actually work. Calling him Hussein is just another right wing scare tactic. We all know how scarey Muslims are to some people. Too bad for you, those people aren't the majority.

Calling him Hussein constantly is just silly. His name is Barak Hussein Obama...who gives a $#&^? I don't. It's the state of the union that matters. Why be a sore loser? If you are concerned about what's going on in our country, you have the right to speak on it. Being negative, childish and petty does nothing for the country.
The reason we lost the election was due to "Bush" and "McCain". There's no denial. What are you reading and where are you getting your expert analysis on conservatives trying to tie him to radical terrorists?

Economy started falling apart way back in the late 90's when Clinton tried to warn the leftists morons in congress about the potential collapse of the housing market due to irregulations and lending pratices promoted by his own party. The Demos were in denial and didn't want anything to do with fixing the problem. They were giving away mortgages like a kid in a candy store. Giving mortgages to people who would otherless be denied a loan to finance a CANDY BAR. Take off your blinders and stop blaming everything on "BUSH". It's so simple for you leftists to point fingers and blame, then to take any responsibilities whatsoever for your screwup.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:51 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,648,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
Obama's middle name is Hussein. If it offends him, change it. Case closed. If your name was Richard, I'd call you Dick, would you have a problem with that? Double standard feet stomping whiners.
I see. I guess that explains why it was so common for Republicans to refer to Bill Clinton as "Jefferson" while he was president.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:55 AM

283 posts, read 495,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I see. I guess that explains why it was so common for Republicans to refer to Bill Clinton as "Jefferson" while he was president.
OK, you just proved a good point. There isn't anything wrong with calling one by his God given middle name. Bravo. Great job. That's a great step in the right direction. Now there are only 11 more steps to go before you are cleansed from the shackles.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:56 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,648,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
Didn't the left refer to George Bush as "W"? Typical leftist B.S. Hypocrisy. How can the use of one's legalize middle name be racists? It's his name. Is George Bush's middle name "Dubya" or just "W"? When will you all stop playing the "RACE" and "VICTIM" card?
The whole world referred to Bush as "W". That is the appellation that he grew up with. That's what the people in his own community called him to distinguish him from his father.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:57 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Don’t you hate that? I mean if you going to make an attempt at being offensive at least have the balls to admit it…that “it’s his middle name” excuse is so vapid. I’m assuming the real reason that people don’t admit it is because deep down they realize how grade school it is to taunt someone about their name “ha ha your name’s Hussein!”

And people wonder why we have saw crappy politicians...look at the intellect of those voting for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies