Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 05:20 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicotti View Post
Obama ... has been president for roughly a year and there are over twenty pages worth of results from his name in these forums. Bush was president for eight years and there are about 11 pages of results when a search is done on him.

What exactly are you complaining about, again?

Happy New Year.
Attached Thumbnails
Unbelievable hatred of Obama-obamabush.gif  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 05:29 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Exactly my point. Your original post grouped all democrats and liberals together into one 'Borg-like' entity without any consideration for individual likes or dislikes. Unfortunately, this has become a standard rhetorical device for many on the right - notice I did not say 'all' because I do not believe that everyone on the right marches in lock-step.
I give them more credit than that.

It would be nice, in this coming new year, to get the same consideration from some on this board and in this country.
This may because my definition for "liberal" is a constant, while your definition varies from mine.

A friend of mine at work told me he was a liberal, so i asked him if he believed in man-made global warming, increased government control, was he in favor of the 0bama stimulus, the increased debt and deficit, increased social programs and handouts for people and carbon cap & trade, he answered NO to all of them. I told him he was not a liberal, and after further discussion with him, it became clear he was a libertarian, but he still calls himself a liberal democrat, go figure.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:05 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Apparently you do. You post here.
Don't you like to have a laugh from time to time?

Last edited by Aylalou; 12-31-2009 at 06:14 PM..

Old 12-31-2009, 06:10 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
Nobody cares what anyone else thinks about this. Go yell at your liberal looneys who call GWB Dubya. And for the record I don't call Barack Obama Hussein, I just think you people are ridiculous. It is like you are defending your baby sister.
Not surprising that you chose that namesake and make the comments you do. People laughed when he spoke, too.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:36 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellard View Post
Well, gosh, of course some call Pres. Obama "Hussein" to demean, belittle and demonize him personally. Just like lots of libs called Pres. Bush "W" to demean, belittle and demonize HIM personally. We on the right really took in lots of hateful names you kept throwing at Pres. Bush. Some were quite mean spirited. Comparing Bush to a monkey was a real fav of your side. Remember all the chimp names? Funny that. Bush does resemble a chimp...and Obama is a dead ringer for a little spider monkey. It's must tickle all those who called Bush chimp to read that, huh?

Me, I think it's funny to throw in a "Hussein" here and there on msg boards because it drives his worshipers batty. Calling Bush "W" was supposed to sting supporters of Bush but it didn't really. That is an added bonus for us to use "Hussein"...um....liberally!

Personaly, I like to refer to Pres. Obama as Barry or Pres. Soetero or the Boy King or Erkle or Odumbo or the Annointed One or Thurston Howell the IV or Obozo or...well my list is long.

Hey Hussein is the name his mommy gave him. I wonder if she called him that....

But calling Barry "Hussein" racist? I'm afraid not. You'll have to play your race baiting card somewhere else.
Probably only when his daddy was around.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:20 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Unbelievable hatred of Obama

Nothing compared to the hate of Bush. There was at least one movie about Bush where he gets shot and killed, and Michael Moore made some outrageous accusations and movies about Bush and his administration. And don't forget about Dan Rather. I am not a fan of Bush, but to this day he is still blamed for all sorts of things.

It's all dirty politics from both sides.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post

Nothing compared to the hate of Bush. There was at least one movie about Bush where he gets shot and killed, and Michael Moore made some outrageous accusations and movies about Bush and his administration. And don't forget about Dan Rather. I am not a fan of Bush, but to this day he is still blamed for all sorts of things.

It's all dirty politics from both sides.
I agree that it's all dirty politics, but that movie was denounced by Hillary Clinton, and many would not give it any publicity, including that "lib" network NPR. Do a search. I"ve posted links about this many times.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Maybe Obama is getting back what he gives out. Obama hates the American way of life and the freedoms we have always enjoyed. Obama hates hard-working Americans. Turn about is fair play don't ya think???????

Why yes Sir I sure the hek do think you are right.!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:03 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Maybe Obama is getting back what he gives out. Obama hates the American way of life and the freedoms we have always enjoyed. Obama hates hard-working Americans. Turn about is fair play don't ya think???????
Yeah, that's not right by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Exclamation And While We're On The Subject Of 'Going'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Great post!

Also:
Non-stop yakking for the past 11 months plus!
This guy says Nothing more bor-e-loquently than anybody in history.

Date night in New York City with his Mememe-Meeechelle on the tax-payers dime while inconveniencing thousands of New Yorkers.

This guy has narcist written all over him!
Mirror, mirror on the wall who the....

Go back to Harvard and take all your radical fiends with you.
Why don't you go take a short walk...most preferably off a high cliff...

I'm sorry if the idea of a President spending time with his spouse, or actually being able to string 5 or more correctly spelled and pronounced words together in a sentence, gets your boxers in a bunch...unfortunately, the wahhhhmbulance just left, and you missed it so---I'm quite sure you have a tool shed on your property...why don't you grab some tools, build a bridge, and get over it (and yourself)...

Your oh-so-pseudo-smug comments and your li'l red mad-face mean absolutely nothing to me and a lot of other folk who are tired of all the BS hot air being spewed by people like yourself, who seem to have all day to suck your thumbs and whine because you can't have everything your vanilla-Pleasantville way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies