Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You're trying to change the topic again but I'll answer anyway. Flight 93 was all part of the same terrorist attack on 9-11. I don't separate them.

It's not up to you to decide which forums I post in or not.
You come into this thread complaining about the reference to 9/11 and your personal connections to the event, and then come back with that response? Don't complain or don't visit this thread. It's really pretty simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Again, all you have done is taken a comparison of response times and translated it into a comparison of the two attacks. This is falacious at the core, and I believe you know that. Re-read the OP. NOTHING in the OP compares the actual events. The OP compares the response. That's it! Nothing more! But you insist on twisting this into some sort of immoral debate that diminishes the memory of the 3,000+ who died. I would reconcile that it is YOU that are injecting these folks into the conversation, not me.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?
There is absolutely NO misunderstanding in my remarks. None.

And I don;t ahve any idea why I tried to give you a reasonable response, I knew it would be a wasted effort.

You are trying to compare the response time of a successful terrorist attack, the worst in our history, tot he response time of an unsuccessful attack, completely throwing the deaths of the former in the toilet so you can take a swipe at a political figure.

Try and twist your amoral behavior as you will, it won;t change the fact that your actions are absolutely shameful.

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
The sheer horror of that event should've guarenteed the safety of the memories of the victims, the survivors, and the memories of the victim's survivers, guarenteed they would be protected from such shameful bahavior as you have shown us on this thread.

Your OP, and succeeding posts, have shown a complete disregard for those deaths, for the survivors, for the trauma of the victim's survivors as well.
Actually, I could say the same for so many liberals in this country, including many on this forum, who continue to defend Islamist enemies of our nation. As I said earlier in this thread, liberals have done nothing BUT attempt to trivialize the horrors of 9/11. I would call what we have here "phoney outrage."

Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nonsense. Those who do not hold Obama's feet to the fire on this subject will be the guilty ones when the next attack happens.
I could not agree with you more.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Again, all you have done is taken a comparison of response times and translated it into a comparison of the two attacks. This is falacious at the core, and I believe you know that. Re-read the OP. NOTHING in the OP compares the actual events. The OP compares the response. That's it! Nothing more! But you insist on twisting this into some sort of immoral debate that diminishes the memory of the 3,000+ who died. I would reconcile that it is YOU that are injecting these folks into the conversation, not me.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?
Just comparing response times and expecting the same level of presidential response IS placing these two events on an equal footing even if you didn't describe the two attacks in detail. And how could anyone not inject the lives of 3000 people into the debate when talking about something related to 9-11?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:

And I don;t ahve any idea why I tried to give you a reasonable response, I knew it would be a wasted effort.

You are trying to compare the response time of a successful terrorist attack, the worst in our history, tot he response time of an unsuccessful attack, completely throwing the deaths of the former in the toilet so you can take a swipe at a political figure.

Try and twist your amoral behavior as you will, it won;t change the fact that your actions are absolutely shameful.
"Throwing the deaths.....in the toilet."

"Amoral behavior."

"Absolutely shameful."

And you say you're not a liberal? Attacking the person is a play right out of the liberal playbook.

You know, as well as I do, this has nothing to do with the victims of 9/11, no matter how hard you try to spin it.

You've been called out. Plain and simple.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Actually, I could say the same for so many liberals in this country, including many on this forum, who continue to defend Islamist enemies of our nation. As I said earlier in this thread, liberals have done nothing BUT attempt to trivialize the horrors of 9/11. I would call what we have here "phoney outrage."
If I was a liberal, you'd have the beginings of a point.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:

My Pet Goat Goat was political fodder for the left for 8 years, and now you deny it with this tripe? LOL

How embarrassing.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
"Throwing the deaths.....in the toilet."

"Amoral behavior."

"Absolutely shameful."

And you say you're not a liberal? Attacking the person is a play right out of the liberal playbook.

You know, as well as I do, this has nothing to do with the victims of 9/11, no matter how hard you try to spin it.

You've been called out. Plain and simple.
A "person" posted this garbage.

You are not some faceless media outlet.

And I am well aware you don't think of the victims of 9/11 in your desperate attempt to attack a political figure.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
You got it.

Its A-Ok for them to use the deaths of 3000 innocent in their garbage films and political fodder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies