Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 05:53 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
so what!!! how many white guys congratulate each other every day? Maybe the new mayor was a friend of his? again, I say so what. Is that all you could point to?
No. They were not old friends. On the other hand, Obama is a longtime close friend with our governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 09:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
When the city of Newton, MA swore in their first black mayor, Obama called him personally to congratulate him. Had Setti D. Warren not been black, and instead white, he never would have been acknowledged by Obama.

Obama is racist and only recognizes his black roots.

Well Miu, you are an expert on racism.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:39 PM

621 posts, read 1,053,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The OP is not just "bringing up the race issue." He/she is lying about the race issue. Now why would that be necessary? Why would it be in his/her interest to help create and perpetuate the nonsense myth that "anyone who criticizes Obama is called a racist?"

It's despicable and nasty.
I don't agree that this is a myth.

The reason I've been hanging around the "racist" political forums lately is because of the very thing the OP mentioned.

While I've never been called racist on this board, I have been called a racist in person JUST BECAUSE I was a Conservative who was against Obama for being elected.

The first time it happened I was dumb-founded with shock. The person who called be this was a colleague and didn't stop with the insults. He called me a Radical Christian War Mongering Racist who hated Gays and who picketed Planned Parenthood.

My jaw dropped and I was stunned.........

I fought up for myself as best as I could, and he consented and said something to the effect that "he'll still be my friend", but you know once something like that is said, it kind of hangs there.

Then it happened again while volunteering. A person I knew somewhat well assumed I was a Liberal (just like the guy from the previous example, btw), and was bashing Republicans by calling them all Racists. I didn't say a word because I didn't want them to hate me, especially since we had to volunteer together.

Since when is it "OK" to just blindly insult people at this heinous level?

Then I realized that these insults made ME quiet. So, I started on a hunt to defend myself better against these charges. Saying "I'm not a racist, I have lots of friends that are...." kinda sounds trite, but really I'm not a racist and I didn't know a polite way to reply.

I came up with this: "If you think the only reason why I wouldn't like about Obama is his race, then that proves that's all you see, which proves YOU the racist"

That worked well....

Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
I don't agree that this is a myth.

The reason I've been hanging around the "racist" political forums lately is because of the very thing the OP mentioned.

While I've never been called racist on this board, I have been called a racist in person JUST BECAUSE I was a Conservative who was against Obama for being elected.

The first time it happened I was dumb-founded with shock. The person who called be this was a colleague and didn't stop with the insults. He called me a Radical Christian War Mongering Racist who hated Gays and who picketed Planned Parenthood.

My jaw dropped and I was stunned.........

I fought up for myself as best as I could, and he consented and said something to the effect that "he'll still be my friend", but you know once something like that is said, it kind of hangs there.

Then it happened again while volunteering. A person I knew somewhat well assumed I was a Liberal (just like the guy from the previous example, btw), and was bashing Republicans by calling them all Racists. I didn't say a word because I didn't want them to hate me, especially since we had to volunteer together.

Since when is it "OK" to just blindly insult people at this heinous level?

Then I realized that these insults made ME quiet. So, I started on a hunt to defend myself better against these charges. Saying "I'm not a racist, I have lots of friends that are...." kinda sounds trite, but really I'm not a racist and I didn't know a polite way to reply.

I came up with this: "If you think the only reason why I wouldn't like about Obama is his race, then that proves that's all you see, which proves YOU the racist"

That worked well....
You want agree that any white guy any white guy would not have been given more time than this to change and absolute mess. Not only that the tea party movement will vanish the moment the next white is in office thats a guarantee. It happens in the work place all the time blacks get the most severe punishments for less offensenses all the time no different with Obama. Just look around at your job are maybe your the one in charge and you have done it

Old 01-26-2010, 09:21 PM

621 posts, read 1,053,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You want agree that any white guy any white guy would not have been given more time than this to change and absolute mess. Not only that the tea party movement will vanish the moment the next white is in office thats a guarantee. It happens in the work place all the time blacks get the most severe punishments for less offensenses all the time no different with Obama. Just look around at your job are maybe your the one in charge and you have done it
I'm sorry.... wha???

Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 733 times
ACTUALLY, ITS JUST THE OPPOSITE..tHE UNEDUCATED PUT HIM IN OFFICE AND THERE THE ONES THAT CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIS OFF THE WALL POLICIES AND AGENDA..

Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
If Obama were a white man, there would be no birfers.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:54 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
If Obama were a white man, there would be no birfers.
Because he never would have gotten elected in the first place.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
I'm just curious here.

I see this allegation made all the time - that anybody who criticizes Obama is immediately labeled a racist. Does anybody have any examples of that actually happening here, or on some other forums? A serious, non sarcastic place where a conservative posted an opinion opposed to Obama's policies, and was immediately and reflexively labeled a racist?

I admit that I might not be seeing it, but I see conservatives claim this all the time, but I don't actually see it happen. I'm entirely willing to be shown wrong here though.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Then maybe we could move past all the racial mudslinging. Why is it that whenever someone disagrees with Obama, they are instantly labeled a racist? I'm so sick of being accused of being racist simply because I vehemently disagree with this man's (and his administration's) controversial policies. I am not and never have been racist, yet I'm not allowed to disagree with the POTUS for fear of being slapped with a label.

I mean, just look at the posts on CD... people saying the only ones that hate Obama are uneducated white people living in remote southern states (where exactly is a remote Southern State? Does that mean Hawaii? I'm still unclear on that). And, I'm not just talking about this message board either. We have eleceted officials and other high profile people touting the same line.... "disagree and you're a racist". Nancy Pelosi called the tea partiers hateful, racist, nazi's, etc. Jimmy Carter said that those who disagree with the admin are simply racists. And on, and on...

Is this the left's meager attempt to deflect from the real issues? Do they fear educated dialogue and debate about the real issues facing our country so they throw in the race card in an attempt to discount the opinions of conservatives?

I'm sure there are some people who do hate Obama simply because he is black, just as there are those who hate for whatever reason, be it religion, ethnicity/race, accent, age, sex, whatever. There are fringe idiots on both sides of the aisle, but to label all dissenters as racist is stupid and reflects negatively on those who name call instead of looking at the real issues. I think the overwhelming majority of people voicing dissent are legitimately upset and concerned with the direction Obama is taking our country. It has nothing to do with race for the majority of conservatives, nothing.
I completely agree with this. My parents are die-hard liberals and my mom actually had the nerve to imply that I'm prejudiced b/c I don't agree with Obama's policies. I was in shock. It's quite sad and yes, it is very sickening that people stoop so low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies