Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,820,835 times

Advertisements

"The CIA on Wednesday rejected accusations that it failed to share vital information with other US intelligence agencies that might have helped prevent last week's attempted plane bomb attack."

"The intelligence agency rejected charges that it possessed, but failed to disseminate, information about Nigerian suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab that might have led to his being placed on a no-fly list."

"We also forwarded key biographical information about him to the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC)" Gimigliano said, referring to the government office tasked with compiling and integrating intelligence from various US agencies."

CIA rejects charge it failed to share bomb suspect intelligence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 02:10 PM

108 posts, read 61,020 times
oh boy, the blame game and finger pointing has now begun at full speed. I kind of believe this and Obama wants to make it look like it was the big bad CIA's fault, when it was his very own appointees that messed up. What a joke this administration is from top to bottom.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:19 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,820,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
oh boy, the blame game and finger pointing has now begun at full speed. I kind of believe this and Obama wants to make it look like it was the big bad CIA's fault, when it was his very own appointees that messed up. What a joke this administration is from top to bottom.

Everything that goes out of this inept administration has talking points that taxpayers pay Axelrod's former firm to come up with.

The words that America will accept like good little robots. You will hear the same line from each one of them over and over.

The White House Chief of Staff faxes or alerts media as to the talking points daily and they repeat them over and over.

I hear them in here from trolls.

Blame the CIA. Blame Bush.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,076,483 times
I wish that I could be cautiously optimistic that Obama could find a decent bone about him and not point fingers until he has the facts in hand. However, the way he treated the CIA in the name political expediency (ie. waterboarding memos) I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be at the microphone in short order to tell us how bad Bush's CIA really is. Nevermind the fact that he appointed the director in charge of the Agency. I hope I am wrong.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:28 PM

108 posts, read 61,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Everything that goes out of this inept administration has talking points that taxpayers pay Axelrod's former firm to come up with.

The words that America will accept like good little robots. You will hear the same line from each one of them over and over.

The White House Chief of Staff faxes or alerts media as to the talking points daily and they repeat them over and over.

I hear them in here from trolls.

Blame the CIA. Blame Bush.
You know, I think you are on to something that I never connected the dots on. Axelrod's old firm! You're right! I bet they do fax out the talking points to their sheep. It only makes sense, I was wondering how they all could have the same talking points and opinions so quickly. I made a joke in another thread about some posters getting their talking points cheat-sheet from the WH, I guess I wasn't too far off.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,299,625 times
They do this every time they screw it up..finger point at another agency.

Why do we have so many agencies tracking the same crap and yet they don't share ?
I thought Homeland Security and the Patriot Act was supposed to bring them all together like one big fat happy funded family..each sharing information with no fear of not getting funded the next year ?

Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,405,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I wish that I could be cautiously optimistic that Obama could find a decent bone about him and not point fingers until he has the facts in hand. However, the way he treated the CIA in the name political expediency (ie. waterboarding memos) I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be at the microphone in short order to tell us how bad Bush's CIA really is. Nevermind the fact that he appointed the director in charge of the Agency. I hope I am wrong.

Nope your not wrong, Bush is a easy fall guy!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,287,898 times
Why isn't there a center data base where all the agencies---FBI, Homeland Security, CIA, etc.---can feed in their information about suspected terrorists so they don't have "pass it on" thus things getting lost in the shuffle? That way if any one agency gets information in, it's immediately available to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies