U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 01:25 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,878,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would think that if you opened the link you would have seen Van Jones and he was surely exposed and forced to resign by Glenn Beck. I guess you really don't know one of those stories. Right?
Precisely. The Fox hit job on one of the free market's strongest advocates was not news. It was criminal the lies and half-truths Beck told to get his mindless lynch mob pointing their torches at Van Jones.

Shame on that rodeo clown and his cult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 01:28 AM

44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
1. Most, if not all were actually covered

2. All of them are a shot at Obama and or Democrats
Van Jones was a shot at Obama? I kept seeing those videos that Beck ran day after day and found very little about Obama in any of them. In fact, all Jones's screwups took place before Obama came on the scene except for the Powershift2009 one. It was really the one that convinced me that Jones just didn't belong in the White House.

Do you have any idea how long Beck drove at Jones before any of the MSM took part? It was after that weekend resignation and Beck had been after him over a week then.

Climategate was a shot at Obama? Well because he is so hot on Cap and Trade and beating the US over the head to get more money redistributed to all those poor people.

Last edited by roysoldboy; 01-01-2010 at 01:44 AM..

Old 01-01-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Aw sweetiepie, no, I did open the link and I stand by my original assertion.
The world does not revolve around the "newsmakers" at Fox...at least for most of us!
Happy New Year!
So you think that Jones should have been left in his position? Could you explain why you believe that?

Old 01-01-2010, 01:34 AM

4,028 posts, read 6,382,008 times
Quote:
Van Jones was a shot at Obama. I kept seeing those videos that Beck ran day after day and found very little about Obama in any of them. In fact, all Jones's screwups took place before Obama came on the scene except for the Powershift2009 one. It was really the one that convinced me that Jones just didn't belong in the White House.

Do you have any idea how long Beck drove at Jones before any of the MSM took part? It was after that weekend resignation and Beck had been after him over a week then.

Climategate was a shot at Obama? Well because he is so hot on Cap and Trade and beating the US over the head to get more money redistributed to all those poor people.
Selective reading, that's what you just did. I had a civil post but you ignored it. I said "and or" meaning that it could be one or both. In the global warming part, that would be a shot against the Democrats.

If you want people to level with you, especially those who are willing to be civil, it's best not to blatantly ignore part of the posts.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Precisely. The Fox hit job on one of the free market's strongest advocates was not news. It was criminal the lies and half-truths Beck told to get his mindless lynch mob pointing their torches at Van Jones.

Shame on that rodeo clown and his cult.
You obviously didn't manage to see any of the videos that Beck played day after day of Jones doing his thing. You took the word of the MSM that getting Jones fired was not the thing to do. Let me get you a peek at that one and maybe you can see why many of us agreed with Beck.

Try this one, fly. If you can't take the time move to about 10:30 and start listening to him in his rant about American Indians and immigrants. He never mentions that too many of those immigrants are illegal entrants.

This man is one that I never thought could be as bad as what his talk proved him to be. I think he is a trustful looking man and then he explodes. In this speech he is obviously trying to influence college students, the easiest people in the world to do that with. He is using the very method that the Communists of the 20s and 30s used on college students to mold them into fellow travelers or as they called them when talking with their buddies, useful idiots. He admitted to being a communist and surely learned the craft very well.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Selective reading, that's what you just did. I had a civil post but you ignored it. I said "and or" meaning that it could be one or both. In the global warming part, that would be a shot against the Democrats.

If you want people to level with you, especially those who are willing to be civil, it's best not to blatantly ignore part of the posts.
How much of my link have I seen you try to discuss in any manner other than calling out lies and half-truths? Do you not see that you are just what you are accusing me of being? Look!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 01:49 AM

4,028 posts, read 6,382,008 times
Quote:
How much of my link have I seen you try to discuss in any manner other than calling out lies and half-truths? Do you not see that you are just what you are accusing me of being? Look!!!
I'm being civil while pointing out the problems with your article.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,878,906 times
Quote:
You obviously didn't manage to see any of the videos that Beck played day after day of Jones doing his thing. You took the word of the MSM that getting Jones fired was not the thing to do. Let me get you a peek at that one and maybe you can see why many of us agreed with Beck.

Try this one, fly. If you can't take the time move to about 10:30 and start listening to him in his rant about American Indians and immigrants. He never mentions that too many of those immigrants are illegal entrants.

This man is one that I never thought could be as bad as what his talk proved him to be. I think he is a trustful looking man and then he explodes. In this speech he is obviously trying to influence college students, the easiest people in the world to do that with. He is using the very method that the Communists of the 20s and 30s used on college students to mold them into fellow travelers or as they called them when talking with their buddies, useful idiots. He admitted to being a communist and surely learned the craft very well.
You really need to gather information from sources other than the rodeo clown.

I analyzed Van Jones from the evidence before me and came to the conclusion that he is far from the radical Beck tried to paint him as. So much of what Beck believes is simply taken out of context.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:28 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,374,705 times
Well this thread is going nowhere fast. One side points out what is being shown or more importantly what isn't being shown and the other side is doing the normal deflect the comments enough so that the original issue is no longer being discussed.

Ah well, blinders aren't just for horses it seems.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:46 AM

744 posts, read 1,072,167 times
It does seem to go along with the left's view of not judging anyone (unless they disagree with your views). I have a relative in MSM and she leans more to the left and I believe that is why she has that job. I often debate her on the issues but she stays on party lines and I think if she was to come around she would need to find another line of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies