U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 01:19 PM

12,359 posts, read 7,718,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Finally we come to somebody who is willing to point the one thing that Obama has done well. I didn't say good but he has done this one thing very well and isn't ready to stop doing it yet. Some here won't like this little piece and some won't read much of it before stopping and resorting to the MO of the left without really knowing what is said. If you have the guts to read just one opinion piece that I agree with 100% then have at it. I guess I have made it impossible for many to read it at all. Those who don't mind my thinking, hava a good read.

Obama’s Only Real Accomplishment
How do you expect Democrats to take a blogger seriously who calls our president "Barry Hussein" half way through the article. If that isn't a major tip off that the guy is not writing a fair opinion based article I don't know what is. I expected better from you, Roy........well, I still have hope that you can do better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 01:44 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,603,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Funny how many conservatives are quick to point out how Canada is just another country and want to point out how bad their health care is and then SUDDENLY they care what a Canadian BLOGGER has to say about Obama.<snipped>
Daniel Greenfield isn't Canadian, he is based in New York City. In any case CFP is on par with World Nuts Daily when it comes to credibility....that's not sayin' much for them.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:55 PM

20,336 posts, read 13,825,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's an opinion piece from a right-wing publication. Readers should consider the source. There's nothing original there.

Now, if I saw a left-wing or nonpartisan publication criticizing him, I'd take it more seriously.
Yup, when the author refers to our president as "Barry Hussein" in the second paragraph, why read any further?

Old 01-01-2010, 02:05 PM

8,287 posts, read 11,802,754 times
You know when it's a right wing opinion piece? They use his full name to remind and scare the lily white Christian right wingers that he has a "Muslim" middle name in Hussien in the first paragraph.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,391,089 times
I have asked over and over for a list of major accomplishments of Obama in his first year and get no responses.

So, Obama followers, let's have a list of major accomplishments of Obama then.

With a stacked deck, all the funny money, complete control of congress and an open checkbook it should not be hard to create a huge list right?

Old 01-01-2010, 02:23 PM

805 posts, read 679,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Finally we come to somebody who is willing to point the one thing that Obama has done well. I didn't say good but he has done this one thing very well and isn't ready to stop doing it yet. Some here won't like this little piece and some won't read much of it before stopping and resorting to the MO of the left without really knowing what is said. If you have the guts to read just one opinion piece that I agree with 100% then have at it. I guess I have made it impossible for many to read it at all. Those who don't mind my thinking, hava a good read.

Obama’s Only Real Accomplishment
Before reading the link, first thing to pop into my head on Obama's only real accomplishment if you can call it that is... running his mouth.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:28 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,095,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Daniel Greenfield isn't Canadian, he is based in New York City. In any case CFP is on par with World Nuts Daily when it comes to credibility....that's not sayin' much for them.
But both are still leaps above the credibilty of NY Times the past couple of years.

Can anyone deny that this is a true statement (from the CFP linked article) and actually back up any claim that it is untrue?

"Obama’s only real accomplishment is that he took hundreds of billions of dollars in taxpayer money, and directed them to his donors on Wall Street, in the unions and the insurance industry."

Old 01-01-2010, 02:45 PM

1,650 posts, read 967,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
But both are still leaps above the credibilty of NY Times the past couple of years.

Can anyone deny that this is a true statement (from the CFP linked article) and actually back up any claim that it is untrue?

"Obama’s only real accomplishment is that he took hundreds of billions of dollars in taxpayer money, and directed them to his donors on Wall Street, in the unions and the insurance industry."
I don't prove negatives, why don't you prove it true. Oh I know why because you can't.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:47 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,655,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
You know when it's a right wing opinion piece? They use his full name to remind and scare the lily white Christian right wingers that he has a "Muslim" middle name in Hussien in the first paragraph.
Yep.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:04 PM

805 posts, read 679,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh please. Stop reading? Of course. I gave it a chance. I opened the link-Saw how trashy it was and wanted to save my time. I was actually into it until he referred to Obama as "Barry Obama". You know it is a biased piece of trash article when it is like that. Don't you think?

I will call it as it is. Not because I am a progressive. I will call it trash because that is what it is. If the BLOGGER wants to be taken seriously, he should be more professional. Until then, I will not waste a single second on his TRASH.

Happy New Years.
Of course you reacted with equal indignation when in the past, articles referred to President Bush as "Dubya"?

Follow the money! Who the heck can?

Barack Obama has yet to learn the meaning of "Conflict of Interest"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies