U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:14 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,335,939 times

Advertisements

Add this to your list of accomplishments.

Interpol, In Your Midst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 12:33 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
You know when it's a right wing opinion piece? They use his full name to remind and scare the lily white Christian right wingers that he has a "Muslim" middle name in Hussien in the first paragraph.
I always look at that use of name as an indication that the writer thinks he may have enrolled at Occidental with the name Barry Soetoro. What proof is there that this didn't happen? It is all sealed up for some reason and until he lets that info out he enrolled there under that name to gain scholarship money that Indonesia provided for its citizens. Can you prove that I am wrong? If so, what papers are available for that proof? His books?

Old 01-03-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Before reading the link, first thing to pop into my head on Obama's only real accomplishment if you can call it that is... running his mouth.
Well, now, the author did forget that one. He has run that mouth a lot before and after the election.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
But both are still leaps above the credibilty of NY Times the past couple of years.

Can anyone deny that this is a true statement (from the CFP linked article) and actually back up any claim that it is untrue?

"Obama’s only real accomplishment is that he took hundreds of billions of dollars in taxpayer money, and directed them to his donors on Wall Street, in the unions and the insurance industry."
One of THEM took you up immediately but he didn't read the article so he has no idea what all was said.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yep.
Did you see why I said the use of his whole name may be done for a reason. Can you prove that what I said is untrue? I ask you this because of my respect for how well informed you are on these subjects.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 PM

12,359 posts, read 7,719,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I always look at that use of name as an indication that the writer thinks he may have enrolled at Occidental with the name Barry Soetoro. What proof is there that this didn't happen? It is all sealed up for some reason and until he lets that info out he enrolled there under that name to gain scholarship money that Indonesia provided for its citizens. Can you prove that I am wrong? If so, what papers are available for that proof? His books?
I'm sure you won't accept anything from Snopes as proof but here it is anyway on how the erroneous Barrry Soetoro/Occidental College thing got started that you are repeating.
snopes.com: Obama's Occidental College Records / Meet the Soetoros

Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Canada ???? free press???? lol
Is this an indication that you didn't read the article? I think it is, but I am wrong now and then.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I notice one consistent whine by Republicans...spending. Where was all the outrage over spending when George W Bush 43 spent over $ 1 BILLION on his Medicare prescription drug plan? A plan that was/is a huge boom for pharmaceuticals and insurance companies? Where was all the outrage over spending when George W Bush spent over $1 BILLION on a war of choice in Iraq? Seems to me Republicans are a bunch of hypocrites who only complain about spending when it suits them politically!
I see that you haven't learned to think in Obamaese. You heavy printed billion twice when in truth you meant trillion. Would that you were right, says your grandchildren.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Stop asking then! Go and look stuff up for yourself, don't expect us to do your legwork for you!
You are very right but didn't you fail to look at what I said he hadn't done? Come on and admit that you failed to read that article because you didn't want to take a chance of seeing something you didn't want to know about.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:48 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,604,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
LOL you got suckered in by that April Fools joke!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies