Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 04:14 PM

805 posts, read 774,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
But both are still leaps above the credibilty of NY Times the past couple of years.

Can anyone deny that this is a true statement (from the CFP linked article) and actually back up any claim that it is untrue?

"Obama’s only real accomplishment is that he took hundreds of billions of dollars in taxpayer money, and directed them to his donors on Wall Street, in the unions and the insurance industry."
Holy Cow! I would never have believed it to be possible.
There are jobs that Americans won't do and foreigners have to fill in the void.
In this case it is a Canadian journalist writing for a Canadian paper doing the work of the LameStreamMedia, it's called " INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING !"

Follow The Money!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 04:16 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Finally we come to somebody who is willing to point the one thing that Obama has done well. I didn't say good but he has done this one thing very well and isn't ready to stop doing it yet. Some here won't like this little piece and some won't read much of it before stopping and resorting to the MO of the left without really knowing what is said. If you have the guts to read just one opinion piece that I agree with 100% then have at it. I guess I have made it impossible for many to read it at all. Those who don't mind my thinking, hava a good read.

Obama’s Only Real Accomplishment
Canada ???? free press???? lol

Old 01-01-2010, 04:18 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Does the source of the truth matter when you are considering what is being spoken? No, what matters is the truth.

I don't care what country the person is from, what political viewpoint they might have, or any other trivial thing that some folks immediately point at to defend their reason for ignoring the truth, I only care about whether the information is the truth or not.
Ahhhh, so you'd take "the truth" from Fidel? LOL Only if he agreed with you, of course.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:19 PM

436 posts, read 874,204 times
First guy to have every citizens and legal foreign worker covered by health insurance, which is a standard in many other countries.

Bottomline: Every human being should be covered by some sorts of health insurance.

This tiny accomplishment cost Clinton a lot more than just a spillover on a skirt and he finally gave up despite of a much stronger economic feat.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:33 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Whaddaya Mean Obama Hasn't Done Anything? Esquire article by John H. Richardson

Obama Timeline - John H. Richardson's Timeline of Obama's First Year - Esquire

Old 01-01-2010, 04:47 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Funny how many conservatives are quick to point out how Canada is just another country and want to point out how bad their health care is and then SUDDENLY they care what a Canadian BLOGGER has to say about Obama.

The right never disappoints. Only they can refer to a blog which calls Obama "Barry Obama" seriously. As soon I read that, I stopped reading.

A 100 percent junk trash article. No doubt about it. Don't bother reading it if you are a sane rational person. Just letting you all know.
The author is a New York journalist.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:51 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I have asked over and over for a list of major accomplishments of Obama in his first year and get no responses.

So, Obama followers, let's have a list of major accomplishments of Obama then.

With a stacked deck, all the funny money, complete control of congress and an open checkbook it should not be hard to create a huge list right?
I have you told you MANY MANY times over but it goes over your head every time.

If I waste more time on you telling you again, you would ignore it. No point in trying to convince irrational people like yourself.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:53 PM

757 posts, read 802,837 times
Default Republican hypocrisy

I notice one consistent whine by Republicans...spending. Where was all the outrage over spending when George W Bush 43 spent over $ 1 BILLION on his Medicare prescription drug plan? A plan that was/is a huge boom for pharmaceuticals and insurance companies? Where was all the outrage over spending when George W Bush spent over $1 BILLION on a war of choice in Iraq? Seems to me Republicans are a bunch of hypocrites who only complain about spending when it suits them politically!

Last edited by okccowboy; 01-01-2010 at 05:11 PM..

Old 01-01-2010, 05:40 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I have asked over and over for a list of major accomplishments of Obama in his first year and get no responses.

So, Obama followers, let's have a list of major accomplishments of Obama then.

With a stacked deck, all the funny money, complete control of congress and an open checkbook it should not be hard to create a huge list right?
Stop asking then! Go and look stuff up for yourself, don't expect us to do your legwork for you!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:01 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
It's funny how you never see a blue car when you aren't looking for one.

Perhaps it's is honing your perception that will yield results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies