Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 07:45 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,762,118 times

Advertisements

A perfect example of the difference between Obama and Bush is this recent underwear bomber incident on the Detroit bound Northwest/Delta flight.

Obama's appointed Sec. of Homeland Defense, Janet Napolitano, talked about how the security system "worked" the way it should have. Obama later went on to say that the security did not work, even if the system was followed. He contradicted, or at least appeared to contradict, his own appointee (Janet Nap.).

Bush never, ever contradicted or even wanted to appear to contradict any of his appointees or even fellow Republicans. A lot of his lies grew out of his desire to never admit fault, mistakes, failures, etc. and thereby lying on top of lying to try to save face and appear perfect. Why? Because Bush didn't care about the nation or doing his job well; he cared more about what people would think so that he could retain his power through re-election, so he could work his money deals for himself and his family and friends.

Obama cares about doing his job and about helping America. He didn't have to try to save face and defend his own appointee, he came right out and admitted a homeland security deficiency. It didn't matter that this could be thrown against him as a failure and an admission of failure because what's important to him is the safety of the nation, not his image.

It remains to be seen how good a job he'll do of handling this and how good a president he will prove to be, but I have all the confidence in the world that he will do what is right, in his mind and heart, for the nation, whether he's right or wrong in the end. That's all I can ask of any President, and President Obama is an awesome improvement over Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 08:03 AM

58,610 posts, read 26,915,521 times
"A lot of his lies grew". Same old tripe. Please list and detail his "lies".

Old 01-01-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"A lot of his lies grew". Same old tripe. Please list and detail his "lies".
Just a couple of his bigger lies - "WMD" and "Mission Accomplished".

I'm not going to waste my time detailing all of his lies in response to your red herring/wild goose chase-inducing retort. If by now someone doesn't know that Bush was a completely inept fool and failure of a president, then I would venture to say that such a person is so brainwashed to be pro-Bush that nothing would ever convince him that Bush ever lied about anything.

Bush was a liar and a failure.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:00 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,903,218 times
Spin it baby! Spin it!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:03 AM

20,243 posts, read 19,808,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
.... Obama..... ..... He contradicted, or at least appeared to contradict, his own appointee (Janet Nap.)..
And I suspect we're going to a lot of that with regards to his appointees, given some of the problems he's had with a few others he's either tried to appoint or succeeded in doing so.

It should be an entertaining three to eight years.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
And I suspect we're going to a lot of that with regards to his appointees, given some of the problems he's had with a few others he's either tried to appoint or succeeded in doing so.

It should be an entertaining three to eight years.
If he has to contradict them, then it's good to know that he will. I don't mind a president who makes mistakes, what I hate is a president who doesn't admit and work to fix his mistakes, like that donkey's ass Bush and all his supporters.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:16 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,854,092 times
The difference between Obama and Bush can be summed up in one word: character. Bush has it and Obama is devoid of it.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,214,150 times
I think Cheney was running the show behind Bush. Cheney is not afraid of war and taking decisive actions.

Our current administration does not want war and would rather sit at a table and talk and try to make peace. This is the administration people wanted after Bush. They want an end to the war.

So we'll have to wait and see if the terrorists decide to come to the table to talk peace.
I don't think they will. At some point the administration that wants peace will see that.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
The difference between Obama and Bush can be summed up in one word: character. Bush has it and Obama is devoid of it.
Bush has character, alright - rotten character. He is a piece of crap.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:20 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,153,431 times
Obama is much more intelligent than Bush, which is generally the difference between Democratic and Republican presidents. Democratic presidents are better able to think for themselves, whereas Republicans have to rely on advisors.

Last edited by CAVA1990; 01-01-2010 at 10:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies