U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Barack Obama personally?
Love him 10 9.71%
Like him 38 36.89%
Neither like nor dislike him 20 19.42%
Dislike him 26 25.24%
Hate him 9 8.74%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 07:35 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,833,816 times

Advertisements

I don't want to know him personally. I cannot trust a Person that comes off one way, but after the fact, YOU find out the person's true colors. I believe he is a disapointment, and not the God so many thought he would be, THE BIG CHANGE NOT. You can tell a lot about a Man in the attitude in which he carries himself, and I feel that his attitude sucks. I don't feel he is honest as he came off during the elections. He is a Person who cannot accept any sort of Criticism in any way, not persosnally or publicly. Some of you love him, great, this is only my opinion.I feel he is shallow, and shifty, something about him, i have never been able to put my finger on, But do i want him to succeed for The American People you beta even though i don't believe it will happen.

Last edited by california-jewel; 01-01-2010 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 07:51 PM

759 posts, read 707,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Dead-on. This bothers me immensely as well. When I say i'm tired of the "Blame Bush" game, its the underlying personality trait driving that mentality that I hate.
No W only said that his critics were aiding the enemy and were unAmerican! Good lord.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:21 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,157,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Substitute "personally" with "as a person". How do you feel about Barack Obama as a person? That's probably how I should have worded the question.
I don't think anyone on this forum could truly tell you what kind of a person Barack Obama is any more than they could tell you what sort of person Harrison Ford is. The only thing that anyone on this forum can truly speak to is what they think of his policies or speeches.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:23 PM

693 posts, read 650,137 times
I "personally" like him from what I have seen (not like I know him or anything). He "seems" like a good dude (the kind of guy you could hang out with, drink a beer with, go golfing with, etc.). That being said, I think he's a completely incompetent president. I think he could have done well if he would have surrounded himself with people that weren't crooks and just plain whacky, but he didn't. I personally don't think he's whacky, but there are a lot of people around him who are. I'll go so far as to call them nut-jobs. Unfortunately...he's the one who said to judge him by who he surrounds himself with. So...I am.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:27 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,518,315 times
Seems like a nice enough chap. I'm sure he's great at parties and probably does banal cocktail chatter quite well. He should probably stick to that since he's obviously way out of his depth as President.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:48 PM

693 posts, read 650,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Seems like a nice enough chap. I'm sure he's great at parties and probably does banal cocktail chatter quite well. He should probably stick to that since he's obviously way out of his depth as President.
I'm with you. He'd probably be quite fun at a party. Heck...he'd probably be a great neighbor. He seems like a nice guy, but I know a bunch of people who I have the same opinion of that also shouldn't be president. I'd go so far to say that he has good intentions. The problem is that they are unrealistic and costing us...well...trillions. But hey...if you keep printing it will eventually look like "it's all coming back"...until you have to actually pay for it.

reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn5EP9StlVA

...and I don't think we're refinancing.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:58 PM

14,093 posts, read 11,548,284 times
I strongly dislike him, teetering ,dangerously, on hate, but not over the edge. That emotion is reserved for those who have , personally, done great wrong to me and mine. I think the guy is a smooth talking snake oil salesman, with a lust for power. I find the ...infatuation..that many have for him disturbing. The 'hope and change' he promises are not what they appear, to many, to be. What his policies and ideals are bringing scare me to death. What is truly frightening, to me, is the adulation and blind loyalty that the aforementioned many heap upon him. Pinning the future of this nation on one man, in such a way, is a dangerous path. Especially this man. I do believe that things are going to balance out some this year though.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:10 PM

3,049 posts, read 2,455,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'd go 18 holes with him on the golf links.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/obama_golf.jpg (broken link)

You are trying to get easy money.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 PM

4,639 posts, read 5,080,032 times
Like him, but not his support of zionism/settlements, and his warmongering. He has more class than the other two candidates.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:38 PM

26,529 posts, read 24,928,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I believe he is a disapointment, and not the God so many thought he would be, THE BIG CHANGE NOT. You can tell a lot about a Man in the attitude in which he carries himself, and I feel that his attitude sucks. I don't feel he is honest as he came off during the elections. He is a Person who cannot accept any sort of Criticism in any way, not persosnally or publicly. Some of you love him, great, this is only my opinion.I feel he is shallow, and shifty, something about him, i have never been able to put my finger on, But do i want him to succeed for The American People you beta even though i don't believe it will happen.
Have you considered that maybe you it was your impression that was wrong or that your expectations were too high?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or