Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:03 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,392,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Good thing the US provides them $2B in aid. Makes you wonder where that money is going.
Back in the mid to late 1990s, some of that money was going for the purchase of Soviet ships, boats, and submarines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 10:23 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,693,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Back in the mid to late 1990s, some of that money was going for the purchase of Soviet ships, boats, and submarines.
Admittedly I did party a bit back then, but I distinctly seem to recall the Soviet Union calling it quits in 1991.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,891,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Admittedly I did party a bit back then, but I distinctly seem to recall the Soviet Union calling it quits in 1991.
Hopefully you don't spill your drink trying to figure out what he meant. Don't hurt yourself.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:33 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,310,038 times
Yeah, I bet he was.

This is really getting ridiculous, it seems that anytime something bad happens in the world, that person or those people are always linked to al-Qaeda. No matter where it is or what has happened, it's always al-Qaeda's pulling the levers. And the US uses the al-Qaeda ruse to justify any agressive military action in the world; they invaded Afghanistan because of al-Qaeda, they invaded Iraq because of al-Qaeda, they sponsored Ethiopia to invade Somalia because of al-Qaeda, they're bombing villages in Pakistan because of al-Qaeda, they're bombing villages in Yemen because of al-Qaeda, they're torturing people because of al-Qaeda, they're rolling back US civil rights because of al-Qaeda and the list goes on and on.

For the US al-Qaeda has become the new "Snowball" from Orwell's Animal Farm. Pathetic!!!

Old 01-02-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Agh.

So it is not ok to make a picture of Muhammed but it is ok to rip up Bibles/pictures of Christ and blow up figurines of the Buddha like in the Middle East?

Get real. And besides, what the artist drew wasn't a lie after all. We all know the differences between Jesus Christ and Muhammed. Jesus Christ loved and taught to never hate your enemies. Jesus Christ did not marry and was pure sexually. Meanwhile Muhammed was a sick pedophile who loved war and wanted to kill the infidels and loved little girls like Aisha. SICK!

Learn to laugh it off Muslims. People make fun of Christ, the Buddha, Krishna and more EVERYDAY. Your precious Muhammed is not anymore special and off limits. In our countries, we believe in Freedom of Speech! Don't like it, bye! You think drawing pictures of Muhammed with a bomb like cartoon is horrible yet you want us to think you are the religion of pece? Well don't FURTHER PROVE us right by trying to kill more people, "religion of peace".
Just because there is nothing that you hold sacred doesn't mean that other people have to live such vacuous lives as you do. Muslims hold Muhammad as someone who is sacred, for 1.5 billion Muslims in the world he is revered and graphic depictions of him whether positive or negative are strictly forbidden and they ask that you respect that. Why is it so hard for you to respect another persons wishes? Why do you desire to heap ridicule and scorn upon something that so many people in the world hold sacred?

Old 01-02-2010, 11:46 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,586,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Just because there is nothing that you hold sacred doesn't mean that other people have to live such vacuous lives as you do. Muslims hold Muhammad as someone who is sacred, for 1.5 billion Muslims in the world he is revered and graphic depictions of him whether positive or negative are strictly forbidden and they ask that you respect that. Why is it so hard for you to respect another persons wishes? Why do you desire to heap ridicule and scorn upon something that so many people in the world hold sacred?
In return I'd ask them to respect others who worship other religions and not attack them with hundreds of suicide bombers as has been the case for 30 years. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:47 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,891,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Yes. Do as I say, not as I do.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Yes. Do as I say, not as I do.
Once you've seen one Muslim you've seen them all, huh? It was the Taliban who did that, so why not quarrel with them? Why antagonize the vast majority of the world's Muslims? Most of which who disagree with the Taliban?

What this thread is really boiling don to is yet another in a line of ant-Muslim threads where a bunch of know nothings yammer on about ideas that they don't understand and a religion that is beyond them. As I've said in a previous post; just because you might live a vacuous and meaningless life devoid of anything sacred doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to also. Your deficiencies are your own, stop projecting them onto Muslims.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
In return I'd ask them to respect others who worship other religions and not attack them with hundreds of suicide bombers as has been the case for 30 years. Thanks.
The suicide bombers have nothing whatsoever to do with the religion of Islam. Those are actions motivated by politics not religion. You would know this if you had any sense of historical context.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,202,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yes, I wrote that. I had read it in another story than the one linked. Since then I have read that the entry attempt was not successful. It was still too close of a call, IMO. I stand by my statement about the police who shot the failed invader intent upon murder as needing more firearms training.
I don't think we have enough details to know exactly what happened. The police were successful. Why blame them? They weren't the ones trying to break in to someone's home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies