Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:16 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,547,992 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I think that our electoral process is just an elaborate interactive theatre show cleverly designed to foster the illusion of citizen participation in government. Do we really have a voice?

Every politician does and says whatever he/she needs to in order to get elected and once in office just does the bidding of the lobbyists and special interest groups public be damned. Ever wonder why these people fight so hard for what are relatively low paying jobs and yet they either already are, or end up becoming very wealthy?

And if you think about it we don’t really vote a new administration in, we vote the old one out because we are so sick of it. And so every four years we get our little “revolution” and we actually believe that this new bunch will be different. What a farce.

When an administration is in office we are too close to the trees to see the forest, but when you get a little perspective a few years afterwards and study the legislation that they passed it seems that they all follow the same basic agenda. The only thing that really changes besides party affiliation is the political rhetoric and the demographic being pandered to.

Bottom line, I sometimes think that there is an over-arcing agenda in place that will be followed regardless of who is in office. Every year politicians, world leaders, and money men get together at places like the Council On Foreign Relations, the Tri-lateral Commission, and the Bilderberg Group to discuss the course of world affairs and there is never any reporting of what gets said in these meetings. I don’t think they’re just playing bingo.

Anyway… what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,361,914 times
I think you have it right about the CFR controlling us on foreign policy and it has been that way for along time.If you want to know where the U S is going just follow what Haas and ZBig say and read the CFR website.During the campaign between Obama/McCain they had 600 staff members from the CFR.
Take ZBig,one son worked for McCain and the other for Obama.To the CFR is does not matter who won,take Afghanistan with McCain he would have sent more troops and that is what the CFR wanted
That is why I think we need to have real debates and invite 3rd party to be included,but instead we have a run off between two people under control.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:56 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,077,841 times
I've always figured the "vote" has already been decided before it's been cast, and everyone tells me I'm nuts.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,419,094 times
I'll join this party of the nuts that think the decisions are made before we even get to the polls.
TPTB don't care who wins as either one will march to their agenda.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:43 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,064,391 times
Everyone can be bought.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:58 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,737,063 times
It is obvious that this current administration is beholding to Wall St and the big bankers and Saudi A. He promised not to be, but I really think they all lie depending on the polls and what Americans are gripping about at the time of the election. They will use terror, or economic conditions to promise us a new moon, but in the end, no change for the poor. Did anyone see how many millions the Saudi's gave to Bill Clinton's charity. Yikes.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:01 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,107,412 times
The Louisiana Purchase and the Cornhusker Kickback are kicks in the face to the American people.

I can deal with ideological differences, but paying for a vote with my tax-dollars is outright corruption as far as I am concerned. Had I done something similar in the private sector, i'd be sitting in jail right now.

Incumbents are in real trouble in 2010/2012. Bet on it.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:14 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,691,333 times
what needs a major change is the pointless and unfair "winner takes it all system". Electoral votes should be given on behalf of the % of vote each candidate gets.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:17 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,309,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Sometimes I think that our electoral process is just an elaborate interactive theatre show cleverly designed to foster the illusion of citizen participation in government. Do we really have a voice?

Every politician does and says whatever he/she needs to in order to get elected and once in office just does the bidding of the lobbyists and special interest groups public be damned. Ever wonder why these people fight so hard for what are relatively low paying jobs and yet they either already are, or end up becoming very wealthy?

And if you think about it we don’t really vote a new administration in, we vote the old one out because we are so sick of it. And so every four years we get our little “revolution” and we actually believe that this new bunch will be different. What a farce.

When an administration is in office we are too close to the trees to see the forest, but when you get a little perspective a few years afterwards and study the legislation that they passed it seems that they all follow the same basic agenda. The only thing that really changes besides party affiliation is the political rhetoric and the demographic being pandered to.

Bottom line, I sometimes think that there is an over-arcing agenda in place that will be followed regardless of who is in office. Every year politicians, world leaders, and money men get together at places like the Council On Foreign Relations, the Tri-lateral Commission, and the Bilderberg Group to discuss the course of world affairs and there is never any reporting of what gets said in these meetings. I don’t think they’re just playing bingo.

Anyway… what do you think?
The same.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:45 AM

283 posts, read 495,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
I think you have it right about the CFR controlling us on foreign policy and it has been that way for along time.If you want to know where the U S is going just follow what Haas and ZBig say and read the CFR website.During the campaign between Obama/McCain they had 600 staff members from the CFR.
Take ZBig,one son worked for McCain and the other for Obama.To the CFR is does not matter who won,take Afghanistan with McCain he would have sent more troops and that is what the CFR wanted
That is why I think we need to have real debates and invite 3rd party to be included,but instead we have a run off between two people under control.
Everything you said is correct. Candidates are already selected before one vote is even cast. I would only add that the FED, Treasury, long time members of Congress-Senate-Presidency are heavily influence and participated members of the "Bilderberg Group" and their agenda for a one world order. These group of Elitists consisting of Private Bankers, Monarchs, Large Corporations, world leaders from around the world are actually making policies that effect the whole world. I suggest reading up on "The Bilderberg Group" and see how sinister these people are. If we the American people stand by and do nothing, they will ultimately achieve their end goal. I hope there will be a coming revolution in this country when people decide to take off their goggles and start asking questions of their politicians. Both parties are corrupt and there's no doubt that a new 3rd party must be established. We are going down the road to becoming a fascist state. There is only a one party system in America. There's two factions of that one party system(dems, repubs). It's designed that way to throw off and keep the American people busy arguing amongst each other. It's like a big fog. Take point-Obama has broken every promise he has made during the campaign and continue the same B.S agenda of the Bush/Clinton/Bush agenda. To start, we need to throw out every member due up for re-election in 2010 and to finish the job in 2012. Bring in fresh new faces to come in and see that America is being destroyed from within and do something about it.

Last edited by REIRehabber; 01-02-2010 at 10:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies