Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:04 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,225,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKayGal View Post
All guns to be listed on 2010 Tax Returns
JUST AS I THOUGHT!!! THIS CHECKS OUT ON SNOPES! THEY ARE REALLY DOING IT. THIS IS THE START OF CONFISCATION OF LAW
ABIDING CITIZENS GUNS!!!!
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp
Now 'all Guns' must be listed on your next (2010) tax return!
Do you have anything for a ruddy complexion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 04:06 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,394,390 times
Quote:
hmmm paranoia - our rights are eroding before your very eyes. The dollar is shrinking by the day and this country is loosing it's way - enough said.

Your rights may be eroding before your eyes but not before mine. I have no paranoiac fantasies of they're out to get me. No black helicopters, no black sedans.

In the late '50s the US dollar was trading against the German mark at about 4 Marks for 1 $. Guess what? It didn't fall to it's current level Jan 20th 2009.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:11 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,786,426 times
Quote:
All guns to be listed on 2010 Tax Returns
JUST AS I THOUGHT!!! THIS CHECKS OUT ON SNOPES! THEY ARE REALLY DOING IT. THIS IS THE START OF CONFISCATION OF LAW
ABIDING CITIZENS GUNS!!!!
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp
Now 'all Guns' must be listed on your next (2010) tax return!
I won't list mine, but will certainly list all yours.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:30 PM

18,131 posts, read 15,525,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Get real. They're not going to confiscate your guns. They're going to tax them and only take them if you don't pay.
If I don't pay? Pay for what? I already paid the sales and transfer taxes on my firearms, they belong to me, bought and paid for. Are you sayig that this would be a TAX on firearms ownership? Something like the 'priviledge tax' we pay on car registration? LMAO, what a wonderful idea. Last I checked though, they don't confiscate your car for not registering it.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:47 PM

283 posts, read 494,746 times
Quote:
Just like the health care bs that's going on - or should I say has been going on. You people will just never get it - no use trying to even through to people like you.
In case you haven't realized it your news of the day is only a destraction for the things that are really going on. Guess you won't see that till it slaps you or your heirs in the face. Really if you think you are told everything that's going on in our government you are clueless, but that is just my opinion.
Very well said. These people are just SHEEP. They can't see past the blinders they've been told to wear. They better hope they won't be polishing turd(as one poster put it) if everything unfolds and they succeed with their agenda. I've said it many times, It's not Obama, It's not Bush, It's not Clinton, It's not Carter, Ect......It's not a right-left-repub-demo issue. The President is nothing more then a mere puppet to something bigger then what your little mind can comprehend. Don't believe everything you read or hear from the media. Last time I checked they are all owned by corporate conglomerates in bed with the central bank.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:06 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,133,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
If I don't pay? Pay for what? I already paid the sales and transfer taxes on my firearms, they belong to me, bought and paid for. Are you sayig that this would be a TAX on firearms ownership? Something like the 'priviledge tax' we pay on car registration? LMAO, what a wonderful idea. Last I checked though, they don't confiscate your car for not registering it.
Okay, Obama's put me in charge of this program and it's actually going to work differently. We're going to give you a $250 tax deduction for each firearm you own. Will you provide a list of your guns in that situation?

Old 01-02-2010, 05:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,790,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cava1990 View Post
okay, obama's put me in charge of this program and it's actually going to work differently. We're going to give you a $250 tax deduction for each firearm you own. Will you provide a list of your guns in that situation?
nope!

Old 01-02-2010, 05:07 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,852,325 times
Quote:
Okay, Obama's put me in charge of this program and it's actually going to work differently. We're going to give you a tax deduction for each firearm you own. Will you provide a list of your guns in that situation?
Nope.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:09 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,302,068 times
Quote:
Okay, Obama's put me in charge of this program and it's actually going to work differently. We're going to give you a $250 tax deduction for each firearm you own. Will you provide a list of your guns in that situation?
Why would you need to know if I own a gun?

Old 01-02-2010, 05:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,790,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Why would you need to know if I own a gun?
If you'll recall Obama's administration actually requested this disclosure on White House employment applications.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Owning a gun a disqualification in Obama administration
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies