U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which event killed more innocent people?
Bush's Iraq 31 77.50%
9-11 9 22.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 04:07 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,639,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Also Iraq's violent history can be traced back to the fall of the Ottoman empire when Britain took control of the area and couldn't give a hoot about tribal territories or who lived where or why. They lumped them all in and called it Iraq. Who dun-it? Winston!

Oh and if my leader was a mass murdering lunatic who happily slaughtered his own people wholesale, I'd throw myself in front of the first U.S Marine and in my best English ask them for protection. Freedom fighters or angling for prestige with Iran?
oh yeah,www.eudict.com/?lang=freeng&word=aux%20contraire
What would you do if the mass murdering lunatic leader of your country never harmed you or anyone in your village or city all your lives, and then the US Marines came storming into your town, grabbed you or your dad or brother out of your home, handed you over to "contractors" who tortured you, then released you for you to find out that your sister or baby daughter or mother were killed by an errant gunfire from the American soldiers?

Would you then still throw yourself at these people for "protection"??? I doubt it. You have no idea what people there have gone through and how many of them were killed, maimed, displaced, and suffered loss of loved ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,291,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
What would you do if the mass murdering lunatic leader of your country never harmed you or anyone in your village or city all your lives, and then the US Marines came storming into your town, grabbed you or your dad or brother out of your home, handed you over to "contractors" who tortured you, then released you for you to find out that your sister or baby daughter or mother were killed by an errant gunfire from the American soldiers?

Would you then still throw yourself at these people for "protection"??? I doubt it. You have no idea what people there have gone through and how many of them were killed, maimed, displaced, and suffered loss of loved ones.
What would they do?

Quote:
BAGHDAD, Jan. 30 -- Millions of Iraqis turned out Sunday to cast ballots in the country's first free elections in a half-century, the ranks of voters surging as attacks by insurgents proved less ferocious than feared and enthusiasm spilled over into largely Sunni Arab regions where hardly a campaign poster had appeared.
Iraqis Defy Threats as Millions Vote (washingtonpost.com)

Enough said.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:18 PM

51,444 posts, read 41,466,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
According to the Lancet study group, Bush's Iraq War has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children. Even assuming the government's lowly numbers (100k) in lieu of the LSG, the human toll has been an avoidable tragedy, dwarfing the worst attack on American soil ever (911.)
Yes, it was a horrible decision. Thankfully we elected someone that promised to bring our troops home.

Where are the cries of "bring our troops home"?

Oh, it's OK now because well....the president has a - D at the end of his name. Makes me want to throw up how many anti-war posers were really just politicians and pawns.

Bush was horrible...and I cannot tell that he has left office.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:54 PM

1,701 posts, read 3,024,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post

And neither do you.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:22 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,111,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
According to the Lancet study group, Bush's Iraq War has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children. Even assuming the government's lowly numbers (100k) in lieu of the LSG, the human toll has been an avoidable tragedy, dwarfing the worst attack on American soil ever (911.)
The dead are gone. Nothing can be done to help them.
However innocents are dieing now. One call from President Obama and it would all be over.
One call. The killing continues because one man allows it.
As you say this killing is avoidable. Allowing it makes President Obama responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies