Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: "We have become a nation of whiners."
Completely agree 10 34.48%
Mostly agree 10 34.48%
Neither agree nor disagree 1 3.45%
Mostly disagree 2 6.90%
Completely disagree 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 08:40 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,611,559 times

Advertisements

This forum appears to prove that we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 08:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
I disagree. Frustration with our elected officials and voicing opposing opinions is not whining.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,611,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I disagree. Frustration with our elected officials and voicing opposing opinions is not whining.
Yes, but when is it merely voicing frustration and when is it whining? For example, I think the Obama voters who say things like, "He hasn't done one thing!" or "He lied to me!" are being childish and irrational. Maybe they're just naive.

I hate to say it, but I think some of them, perhaps, really did see him as some sort of Messiah who was going to solve all of their problems in life.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,839,202 times
I think Congress doesn't know what to think of people who are suddenly calling their representatives after so many decades of apathy. When we don't agree with their agenda or the way they conduct themselves: we are labeled.

How many could label their bosses as whiners publically, and keep their jobs? Congress forgets for whom they work!

Old 01-02-2010, 09:31 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,629,534 times
Every post that starts off with the word "Why?" is a Whyyyyyne.

As in "Why do so many___________always_________whenever I_________?"

Old 01-02-2010, 10:50 PM

1,179 posts, read 973,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This forum appears to prove that we have.
The GOP have no ceiling for "Whining" about anything and everything.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,876,786 times
phil gramm is despicable.

Who's to blame for the biggest financial catastrophe of our time? There are plenty of culprits, but one candidate for lead perp is former Sen. Phil Gramm. Eight years ago, as part of a decades-long anti-regulatory crusade, Gramm pulled a sly legislative maneuver that greased the way to the multibillion-dollar subprime meltdown. Yet has Gramm been banished from the corridors of power? Reviled as the villain who bankrupted Middle America?

nope, since evidently he is now a figure to be quoted for what is "wrong" with americans.......

gramm should be mouthing off about the american people from behind a jail cell.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:31 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,351,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

Who's to blame for the biggest financial catastrophe of our time? There are plenty of culprits, but one candidate for lead perp is former Sen. Phil Gramm. Eight years ago, as part of a decades-long anti-regulatory crusade, Gramm pulled a sly legislative maneuver that greased the way to the multibillion-dollar subprime meltdown. Yet has Gramm been banished from the corridors of power? Reviled as the villain who bankrupted Middle America?

nope, since evidently he is now a figure to be quoted for what is "wrong" with americans.......

Gramm was behind a couple of bills that paved the way,I think he was in the forefront of repealing Glass/Steagal.It shows that both parties had a hand in the catastrophe.I have never liked Gramm he makes me sick.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,092,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

I think that if people would take the time to find out just how much of our current problems are a direct result of Phil Gramm and his wife they would be yelling for his head, not quoting his mean spirited speeches.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:39 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,996,243 times
Quote:
Have we become a nation of whiners?
Yes.

I do think we'll snap out of it before we go under though. Most Americans seem to have a hidden vein of independence that they will fight for if threatened deeply enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies