Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:36 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
January 2, 2010

For most of the past 70 years, the U.S. economy has grown at a steady clip, generating perpetually higher incomes and wealth for American households. But since 2000, the story is starkly different. The past decade was the worst for the U.S. economy in modern times, a sharp reversal from a long period of prosperity that is leading economists and policymakers to fundamentally rethink the underpinnings of the nation’s growth.

Thanks Bush-Cheney.

1 Boring Old Man » the 00’s…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 07:48 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
You mean the stimulus by Obama didn't create or save more jobs? Hahahahhaha... I never bought it for a second... Japan tried the same thing and it didn't work... but if you listen to fanatic liberals, it worked because they seen the future and it would of been worse... liberals second job is fortune teller... now, do you believe in fortune tellers with your money?

Old 01-03-2010, 07:54 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You mean the stimulus by Obama didn't create or save more jobs? Hahahahhaha... I never bought it for a second... Japan tried the same thing and it didn't work... but if you listen to fanatic liberals, it worked because they seen the future and it would of been worse... liberals second job is fortune teller... now, do you believe in fortune tellers with your money?
The fortune telling business is no more. Bush-Cheney and Company stole the fortune and left us all an I.O.U.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:21 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Simply confirms what I thought. With his middle class income, my grandfather put five kids through Catholic school, (on one income. My Gran was a homemaker) had a decent house in a nice neighborhood, a summer home in Wisconsin and minimal debt. No way we can pull that off today.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Hear that loud sucking sound?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb The aughts: The Lost Decade

Lost?

More of a "mini-Dark Age" than anything else, I'd say. A decade where not only was no real progress achieved, but we did some serious backsliding. The national treasury frittered away on two useless, senseless middle east wars. The economy in shambles. The nation's infrastructure crumbling from neglect. Science taking a back seat to ignorance. I, for one, am glad it's behind us. In 10 more years, I hope we'll be able to say much more positive things about the teens.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:13 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
And to think under Clinton my small business had 3 employees and was not going anywhere.

Thanks to Bush and his pro small business tax cuts and pro business growth I was able to grow to 27 employees and sell the business in 2007 and retire at 40 years old.

Not to darn bad.

All thanks to Bush and his pro business growth policies.

Glad I sold when I did because this anti small business and jealous admin would have destroyed the business and its net worth for sure.

Capitalism works folks, I am walking proof of it. Give people who are willing work 16-20 hour days and a great business idea and you will see more jobs created then you can handle. Of course this admin is totally against this idea.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
And to think under Clinton my small business had 3 employees and was not going anywhere.

Thanks to Bush and his pro small business tax cuts and pro business growth I was able to grow to 27 employees and sell the business in 2007 and retire at 40 years old.

Not to darn bad.

All thanks to Bush and his pro business growth policies.

Glad I sold when I did because this anti small business and jealous admin would have destroyed the business and its net worth for sure.

Capitalism works folks, I am walking proof of it. Give people who are willing work 16-20 hour days and a great business idea and you will see more jobs created then you can handle. Of course this admin is totally against this idea.

It's truly wonderful that your situation improved so markedly.

It's unfortunate that you can't see that your good situation was a rare exception over the past decade.

Our current recession is the result of other economic policies that didn't bear fruit like the one that helped your business.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:19 AM

817 posts, read 853,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's truly wonderful that your situation improved so markedly.

It's unfortunate that you can't see that your good situation was a rare exception over the past decade.

Our current recession is the result of other economic policies that didn't bear fruit like the one that helped your business.
Most people I know did very well under Bush.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Most people I know did very well under Bush.

Good for you and them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies