Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:23 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

I don't really mind some of the people imparting their "wisdom" on this subject on this forum. Actually it is somewhat understandable due to the statements of some, so called, experts. I do have a problem with the people that one would think would know better. There are some current and former national office holders and positions of influence, that are saying similar things. I would prefer that the war on terror be fought and designed to end the problem, not perpetuate it. McInerney, Rove, Cheney and others are advocating perpetuating the problem, not solving it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 12:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So, when you good police work is picking out "Muslim looking" individuals the following folks just slip on by.

White Muslim's Thoughts // Current

This could be funny, actually more like the keystone cops.
Obviously you completely disregarded the rest of my post; because, if you had considered it, in its entirety and in context, your post is just silly. I'm for you.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't really mind some of the people imparting their "wisdom" on this subject on this forum. Actually it is somewhat understandable due to the statements of some, so called, experts. I do have a problem with the people that one would think would know better. There are some current and former national office holders and positions of influence, that are saying similar things. I would prefer that the war on terror be fought and designed to end the problem, not perpetuate it. McInerney, Rove, Cheney and others are advocating perpetuating the problem, not solving it.
You can't win this war. There is no solving it because solving it is beyond our reach. It originates outside of the US beyond our rule.

We are not perpetuating terrorism, we are trying to deal with it as it changes face. Do you want to wait until we see on our front pages what other countries see...SUV suicide bombers blowing up family events ?

Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
And just what does a Muslim look like?

Old 01-03-2010, 12:57 PM

This guy too. Would you let him on a plane?

Old 01-03-2010, 01:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Profiling is much deeper than just a cursory review of one's religion. It'a the totality of the circumstances.

I support profiling. When you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about other than some minor inconvenience.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about other than some minor inconvenience.
Yeah, who would get upset by always being singled out as a social pariah? Why stop at the airport. How about malls and office buildings too?

Old 01-03-2010, 01:22 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The general should lose his commission.
The general should get Napolotano's job.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:22 PM

By the way, profiling based on physical characteristics is ILLEGAL.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:25 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXfnjkxBTrk

What's everyone thoughts on this? I'm trying to figure out how you would determine someone's religion by looking at them? Secondly, what happens when Al-Qaeda starts using people outside this age range or using women. Also, what about domestic militia groups or individuals like Tim McVeigh, that also want to hurt people? Do we focus on muslim extremist and forget about them?
I saw this live last night and after hearing Julie Banderes' response, I went "Oh brother. I'm guessing you don't fly much" and I changed the channel. People are going to be PC to their grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies