U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 12:36 PM

11,145 posts, read 13,875,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Even all those world leaders do not trust Obama.

They are not stupid, they know he thinks he is better then they are.

He is NOT to well liked by the majority of world leaders either.

Face it, the man is a scam artist and people do not like empty suit scam artist who would stab them in the back in a heart beat.

Obama has a lone buddy named Chavez to hold hands with.

He is an embarrassment to the job and has taken the worlds most respected job and turned it into a clown show.

Yeah, this sounds horrible (from the article in question):

“Many of the comments that we read here and there reflect differences of temperament rather than fundamental differences,” said a senior official. “On the fundamentals we are much closer to President Obama than we were to President Bush.”
On financial regulation, climate change, global governance, or even Iran, the positions of Paris and Washington have converged, the official said.
Like his predecessor, Mr Sarkozy plays up differences with the US for domestic purposes.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-03-2010 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 12:37 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,087,068 times
Quote:
Even all those world leaders do not trust Obama.

They are not stupid, they know he thinks he is better then they are.

He is NOT to well liked by the majority of world leaders either.

Face it, the man is a scam artist and people do not like empty suit scam artist who would stab them in the back in a heart beat.

Obama has a lone buddy named Chavez to hold hands with.

He is an embarrassment to the job and has taken the worlds most respected job and turned it into a clown show.
Correct. Europe has already seen how Obama throws U.S. allies under the bus. Europe has already witnessed leaders with elequoent speech and a yearn for power on a global basis. They are not so easily fooled.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 PM

7,526 posts, read 7,191,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
So, I'm getting confused. Now conservatives like France and care what the French think? What about your whole "freedom fries" legislation and vitriolic hatred for France we were supposed to have?

Also - just so we're clear, you hold it against Obama for being strong against Iran and settlements?

I sometimes get confused. Sometimes I think you all just like to bash Obama no matter what he does, even if it DIRECTLY CONFLICTS WITH YOUR VALUES.

But, it would be crazy for me to think that. You'd have to be mindless partisan sheep for that to be true....
Who said Obama has been strong against Iran??

I'm as confused as are you. I'm not sure what values you think I am subjugating. I supported his decision to send more troops to Afghanistan. I don't think he's done much to garner worldwide support for our efforts there. Sarkozy called Obama naive and wanted stronger language against Iran than Obama. On that, I agree with Sarkozy. Obama missed a huge opportunity there.

I'm not sure where you're going with the Freedom Fries things. I didn't know that someone's like or dislike of France was tied to their political ideology.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:49 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,388,959 times
Quote:
Yeah, this sounds horrible (from the article in question):

“Many of the comments that we read here and there reflect differences of temperament rather than fundamental differences,” said a senior official. “On the fundamentals we are much closer to President Obama than we were to President Bush.”
On financial regulation, climate change, global governance, or even Iran, the positions of Paris and Washington have converged, the official said.
Like his predecessor, Mr Sarkozy plays up differences with the US for domestic purposes.

Substance, not just emotion, in your responses would be much appreciated in the future.
When someone is NOT TRUSTED you have your substance.

Fact is the man cannot and will not be trusted by us and world leaders.

They know the man is like a snake oil salesman with his own good in mind.

Not turning the blind eye to what Obama is all about would be greatly appreciated in your future post.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:

Not turning the blind eye to what Obama is all about would be greatly appreciated in your future post.
You rant and rant, yet never provide any evidence to support your claims. As such, it is merely your own opinion. Many - billions in fact - think Obama's doing a great job. Your opinion based on your ideological perspective does not change that fact.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Correct. Europe has already seen how Obama throws U.S. allies under the bus. Europe has already witnessed leaders with elequoent speech and a yearn for power on a global basis. They are not so easily fooled.
Party foul! No playing the Hitler card on forums!

tsk tsk tsk...

Old 01-03-2010, 12:54 PM

12,625 posts, read 18,120,180 times
Quote:
You rant and rant, yet never provide any evidence to support your claims. As such, it is merely your own opinion. Many - billions in fact - think Obama's doing a great job.
Seriously BILLIONS come on now that is stretching it a lot dont cha think

Old 01-03-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Seriously BILLIONS come on now that is stretching it a lot dont cha think
Considering there are about 7 billion people in the world and a large majority consistently support Obama in global polling, it is, literally, billions. No exaggeration.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:57 PM

7,526 posts, read 7,191,499 times
Quote:

Exactly. Why would they put their troops in harms way for a narcissistic man they don't trust and they don't feel he knows what he's doing. You have to be sold on a cause to commit to it. Obviously, they aren't sold on the cause because they can't trust the leadership (or lack of).

Old 01-03-2010, 12:58 PM

25,779 posts, read 38,979,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Wow! How interesting this is how many others are going to start turning against obama and his dangerous ideas. I am glad to see Sarkozy standing on his own against this and not just going along with the program.

I dont think copywrite will allow to post any of the article

FT.com / Europe - Sarkozy cool on relationship with Obama
Thumbs up for Szarkozy...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies