U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:47 PM

24,839 posts, read 29,984,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
There was a time when the town of Frostproof, FL lived up to its name. Grove owners at Frostproof or South could be assured that they did not have to worry about frost damage to the citrus groves. In the past 25 years this has not been the case and areas far South of Frostproof FL have had to protect their groves and other crops from below freezing temperatures. This is a trend not a seasonal "fluke".
right. It is climate change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 08:48 PM

29,988 posts, read 37,103,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
right. It is climate change.
No one ever denied that climates change. Prove that it is man cause or get out of my face!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:51 PM

2,480 posts, read 2,869,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Al Gore who made millions of Global Warming b.s. and scaring innocent and ignorant people, is probably hiding till the warm weather comes around to say again how Global Warming is the cause of almost anything.....
Ah, Florida has never had freezing temps before. You good, al gore bad?????

Would you believe "climate change"?

Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 PM

24,839 posts, read 29,984,374 times
Quote:
No one ever denied that climates change. Prove that it is man cause or get out of my face!
holy cow! get a grip!

Old 01-03-2010, 10:20 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,525,972 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/12271362-post23.html .
http://www.city-data.com/forum/12271485-post24.html .
Global "melting" does NOT imply that EVERY spot on the planet will get warmer...it states some will get warmer and others colder...it is the AVERAGE planetary temperature to which they allude.

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 01-03-2010 at 10:35 PM..

Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,012,799 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, however I do believe that it's not that climate change doesn't happen (see your nearest public museum for a brush-up on that), it's that the climate change that is happening now is quicker & the acceleration is due to the gigantic human population explosion.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,765,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
While climate change is obviously far more complex than the far left or right make it out to be, .76 degree Celcius increase is HUGE.

Scientists have said all along that a 1 degree Celcius overall increase would mean massive changes.
National Geographic has a great show on the changes of 1, 2 and 3 degrees and what might occur. I believe that The Discovery Channel also has an interesting and informative show as well.

The upshot is that the earth couldn't survive at 4 degrees, and the devastation that occurs at 2 & 3 degrees is severe.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
'global warming' - 'climate change' religion boils down to 'follow the money' and how much goes into Algores pocket.
You'd have a little more credibility if you tried spelling Mr. Gore's name correctly. Or is it that you're not comfortable with the English language?

Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am all for making the air cleaner. For less pollution of any kind and I am for green fuels.
I struggle with people like Al Gore who preach one thing but live another.
I struggle with the fact that scientists don't agree with Gores bad science and we are seeing more everyday speak out against it.
Yes lets clean up our act, but lets also be honest. Gore is making a mint from his carbon credits scam. He is making a mint by lying and misrepresenting the facts.
Bio fuels are not here yet but with some valid investment they can become reality. Sorry Corn Ethanol doesn't count.
Where is he lying and misrepresenting the facts?
Are you really that well-versed to disprove his comments, or are you considering the talking points presented by those who don't believe in climate change?

Old 01-03-2010, 10:41 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,012,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Where is he lying and misrepresenting the facts?
Are you really that well-versed to disprove his comments, or are you considering the talking points presented by those who don't believe in climate change?
Isn't it funny how the "I hate the environment, I refuse to recycle, I drive my Hummer & screw anyone who tells me differently" crowd always think that Gore is the spokesperson for environmentalists? When did that happen? I haven't even seen his movie...yet, due to science & going to school for it....I know what's going on. SHOCKER!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies