U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Nevada
1,956 posts, read 5,900,078 times
Reputation: 1104

Advertisements

When the Senate takes up a jobs bill, the debate will center on whether it really will create jobs and be worth plunging the government tens of billions of dollars further into debt ...

My Way News - Will latest jobs bill really produce jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 AM
 
12,625 posts, read 18,130,097 times
Reputation: 2989
What I want to know is where they are hiding all the jobs from the other one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 AM
 
6,226 posts, read 6,823,776 times
Reputation: 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What I want to know is where they are hiding all the jobs from the other one?
Haven't you heard? They outsourced them to China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 AM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,802,302 times
Reputation: 9381
Do American's not have a reason to be skeptical? Afterall, the first stimulus wasn't exactly the harbinger of job creation that Obama thought it would be.

Did you forget about all the fuss the GOP made over the first stimulus? Turns out, they got it right. So why shouldn't you at least listen to their current protest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 08:04 AM
 
12,625 posts, read 18,130,097 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do American's not have a reason to be skeptical? Afterall, the first stimulus wasn't exactly the harbinger of job creation that Obama thought it would be.

Did you forget about all the fuss the GOP made over the first stimulus? Turns out, they got it right. So why shouldn't you at least listen to their current protest?
Because they dont have to! They have control and they think they know better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 15,267,250 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do American's not have a reason to be skeptical? Afterall, the first stimulus wasn't exactly the harbinger of job creation that Obama thought it would be.

Did you forget about all the fuss the GOP made over the first stimulus? Turns out, they got it right. So why shouldn't you at least listen to their current protest?
They got it right? You may want to talk to the thousand and thousands of people now working who would not be otherwise. I have, I talked to each and every one of them. They are very happy with the stimulus. My poll is certainly just as scientifically sound as say, .... Rasmussen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,802,302 times
Reputation: 9381
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They got it right? You may want to talk to the thousand and thousands of people now working who would not be otherwise. I have, I talked to each and every one of them. They are very happy with the stimulus. My poll is certainly just as scientifically sound as say, .... Rasmussen.
Remind me again what the unemployment rate is?

Of course those who are working are thankful. Why shouldn't they be? But micro is poor sampling. Macro is where it's at, and it ain't pretty. Just as the GOP said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 AM
 
36,486 posts, read 15,977,952 times
Reputation: 8284
" The Congressional Budget Office estimates that of the $39 billion in the new House jobs bill directed to the departments of Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, only $1.7 billion will get spent before next October".

Sounds just like the last "stimulas" bill. This will be another slush fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Land of debt and Corruption
7,526 posts, read 7,194,115 times
Reputation: 2845
Yay!! Let's grow the government more, I don't think it's big enough. <sarcasm>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 15,267,250 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Remind me again what the unemployment rate is?

Of course those who are working are thankful. Why shouldn't they be? But micro is poor sampling. Macro is where it's at, and it ain't pretty. Just as the GOP said.
My poll indicated the unemployment rate would be 16-17% and up to 25% underemployed. If you want facts, I'll make up whatever facts you want. Just like Rep. Bonehead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top