Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:31 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I wonder what the huffington said about the 'turncoat' in PA, Alren spector

bet they had a different kind of story

Did Spector's entire staff leave like Griffith's did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
A man most foul when it comes to politics he is.........

His staff quits........

"Nearly every staff member of Democrat-turned-Republican Rep. Parker Griffith's office quit Monday morning in response to his decision to switch parties. His chief of staff resigned, along with his entire legislative and communications team -- many of whom have worked for Griffith since before he arrived in Washington.

"Alabama's Fifth District has deserved and has benefited from great Democratic conservative leadership since Reconstruction. And until now they had it," Chief of Staff Sharon Wheeler said. "I appreciate Congressman Griffith's being a very dedicated congressman. But we believe he made a mistake -- a well-intentioned but misguided mistake that is not in the interest of the great people of North Alabama who elected him a year ago as a Democrat. As his staff, we wish him only the best, and we all remain committed to the citizens of the Tennessee Valley. But we cannot, in good conscience, continue working for him. It is with deep sadness that we leave our work for the Fifth District. But because we are unwavering in our own principles, we have no choice but to move on. We do not know what the future holds, but we are taking a leap of faith with the belief we will soon find ourselves in the employment of principled public officials.""

Parker Griffith Staff Resigns: Nearly Every Member Quits

Let's see here. Almost all the staffers quit as in ---> no longer employed, out of work, in the unemployment line and it is Rep. Parker Griffith that got his due?

That's some creative thinking you got there pal.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:21 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Griffith really spelled out how wrong the Democrat Party is anymore in that video. It's funny his staff put themselves out of work. He should find a way to get rid of the hanger ons.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:29 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Depends on whether or not his staff quit.

But then, I can see a republican staff wanting out of that stale party of no ideas.
Completely different circumstances... Alren spector is a worn out old bum who switched only when it became obvious he had no chance of being re-elected as a Republican. It didn't seem to do him much good, as his chance of re-election now is just as bad, if not worse. On the other hand, Griffith was a freshman with a long future, but he became disgusted with what is obviously a corrupt WH, and wanted to do the right thing. He is the kind of honest politician we need more of, and will have next November...
Obama has now completed 25% of his last term in the White House. I hope our country can survive three more years of this incompetent loser...!

Old 01-04-2010, 08:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Let's see here. Almost all the staffers quit as in ---> no longer employed, out of work, in the unemployment line and it is Rep. Parker Griffith that got his due?

That's some creative thinking you got there pal.

I know here in my state, you don't get unemployment benefits for quitting a job, telling your boss to take this job and shove it.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Could you explain why you find it necessary to revert to the name calling?

Nita
Sure, this is what I think of the current crop of elected Republicans and many (but not all) of their followers.

I wouldn't worry to much tho since I didn't call anyone by name here. I'd like to but I didn't.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:34 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,551,196 times
Cool...already saving the U.S. taxpayer major bucks in his first month as a Republican. Let's hope he only hires staff he really needs and sets a good example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies