Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Looks like someone's going down in flames again. This time with his own posted link...

In big bold letters...from his link

Thanks for the link though.

LOLOL
See the above post. Do you know the definition of "rhetorical?" You're embarrassing yourself.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:59 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Sweet Mary, Mother of God. It was a rhetorical statment, not a statement directed at Michelle Obama.

Sharpen up a bit before you start quoting me, please.

what???? you weren't referring to Michelle Obama? Were you in fact just talking hypothetically about attorneys in Chicago who graduated from Princeton and Harvard, who made $100K working part-time, and bought $600 shoes? Oh ok....well I guess I was wrong.

ETA: I would agree that a similarly educated attorney in Chicago working FT better be making a heck of alot more than $100k, however if you drag your calculator out, and annualize her part-time salary, you will see she would have made almost $500K on a full-time basis. But I digress...

Old 01-04-2010, 03:00 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,851 times
Quote:
Sweet Mary, Mother of God. It was a rhetorical statment, not a statement directed at Michelle Obama.

You mean like this?

Quote:
An attorney not making $100k needs to find a new profession. I'm sure there are plenty not making much early in their careers, but hailing from Princeton and Harvard and not making $100K in Chicago? Are you kidding me?

Got it.

Never mind she reduced her schedule to part time...wonder why that was? She must be a slacker. Oh wait, her husband was running for President!!!! Imagine that?

Old 01-04-2010, 03:00 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:

Quote:
That was in 2006. Did you also see that her income dropped to a little over $100K when she went part time? Did you also see that she and Barrack had student loan debt during that period? $100K is indeed a lot of money to alot of people; but in the Chicago market, $100K for an attorney is paltry.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:01 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Not only do they have a solid 6 figure income, but they have ZERO living expenses.

I'd say they have a serious amount of disposable income.
Is their house in Chicago paid for? Plus they do have to pay for their meals at the White house.

Plus they have to pay for their childrens school and all their needs with that.

While they do get a lot of perks being president they still have living expenses

Old 01-04-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
See the above post. Do you know the definition of "rhetorical?" You're embarrassing yourself.

Dude you got owned in the spanking thread with your own words and now you get it again with your own link.

And I'm embarrassing myself?

This is some pure comedy here.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Dude you got owned in the spanking thread with your own words and now you get it again with your own link.

And I'm embarrassing myself?

This is some pure comedy here.
What are you talking about? I never said she didn't make six figures. I'm the one who posted a link to show the evidence of six figure numbers! The question at hand was high six figures or low six figures in the Chicago market. Do you have reading comprehension problems? If so, i'll go light on you next time.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Is their house in Chicago paid for? Plus they do have to pay for their meals at the White house.

Plus they have to pay for their childrens school and all their needs with that.

While they do get a lot of perks being president they still have living expenses

I'm seriously doubting their food expenses are very high. I mean, feeding their kids is one thing, but the two of them I would suspect attend many a luncheon and dinner I would think. So private school is how much? They certainly don't have car expenses or airfare.

As for their house in Chicago...Barrack made some serious coin on his books.

I just think it's awfully silly to suggest she can't afford expensive shoes. They aren't hurting.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? I never said she didn't make six figures. I posted a link to show the evidence of six figure numbers! Do you have reading comprehension problems? If so, i'll go light on you next time.
I quoted you. Are you now denying those words are yours?

Reading comprehension indeed.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:11 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Default "Now Don't Get All Worked Up Over Them There $$$$$$$$ Shoes" !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post

The First Lady was photographed in Hawaii wearing $635 per pair designer shoes by Maison Martin Margiela.

Obama has lectured Americans about how they can not expect to live their lives as indulgently as they have in the past. He has lectured businesses about their travel and pay. Yet Obama and his wife live like kings and queens.

Renting a $9 million dollar estate at $4000 a night during their vacation. Lavish living...in a recession..nah..
Good Evening All,

DraggingCanoe is at it yet again !

Of all the nerve ... What's it coming to ?

It's got to where the President's wife can't even sport a shiny new pair of shoes while tramping around Hawaii on vacation without a healthy load of grumbling going on !

One thing about those fancy shoes though that I probably really shouldn't even mention at all but I was just wondering about anyway. It's those "Tax Payers' ... I sure hope them old mean and grumbling tax payers didn't have to pay for those snazzy new clod hoppers. I would just hate to hear that bunch of whinners get started !

Seriously though when it comes to tax payer money so many of those "Career Politician's" within the "Washington Political Circus" and their families can most often be counted upon to really blow the greenbacks !

But I'm almost certain these good folks vacationing in Hawaii would not do such a thing! .... OK I'm just just a little bit certain they wouldn't. Oh never mind !

Ease up there a bit Dragging Canoe ! Great pictures though ... Keep up the good work.

Ain't that America something ! Wearing $630.00 Shoes, what a snappy dresser and all during the worst U.S. recession in nearly 60 years.

If this is the Washington "Fun Bunch" I'm joining up and soon ! Show Me The Money ..............

Thank You / Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies