U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concern level:
Completely apathetic 42 30.22%
Little concern 13 9.35%
Moderately concerned 25 17.99%
Very Concerned 52 37.41%
Keeps me up at night 7 5.04%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,982,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
...explain...?

Adopt each other?

Nothing to explain. They simple adopted each other which anyone can do. I haven't talked to them personally but their aopted daughter said it was a pretty simple process since both were adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM

26,529 posts, read 25,038,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It would be stupid because the mating of heterosexuals is normal and how life works. Gays live for today where heterosexuals concern themselves with their future generations.
Oh right. All heterosexuals are holy and noble, and all homosexuals are hedonistic partiers.

Nearly the same percentage of same-sex couples are raising children as are opposite-sex couples. A lot of people don't realize that, but it's true.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,282,639 times
Quote:
Nothing to explain. They simple adopted each other which anyone can do. I haven't talked to them personally but their aopted daughter said it was a pretty simple process since both were adults.
I meant explain because I honestly have never heard of two adults who adopted each other.

It kind of sounds wrong. When you think about adopt, you think about bringing home a pet from the humane society or a child.

Not your lover.

Am I missing something?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:05 PM

981 posts, read 634,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Other than Matthew Shepherd-style tactics, I really could care less about the gay issues. This country has far more pressing issues to be concerned about.
So, you do not care for equality? You would rather see people discriminated against and oppressed rather than actually caring that their lives as citizens are not equal to yours?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh right. All heterosexuals are holy and noble, and all homosexuals are hedonistic partiers.

Nearly the same percentage of same-sex couples are raising children as are opposite-sex couples. A lot of people don't realize that, but it's true.
I agree with ypour first sentance.

Quote:
I meant explain because I honestly have never heard of two adults who adopted each other.

It kind of sounds wrong. When you think about adopt, you think about bringing home a pet from the humane society or a child.

Not your lover.

Am I missing something?

It is not that unusual for an adult to adopt an adult. Some people that have no family but have grown very fond of someone (romantic or not) find adoption the path to making sure their estate is left to them or some other reason. Call an adopton agency and see what they say out of curiosity. There is nothing wrong about adults adopting an adult unless there is something underhanded going on.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
So, you do not care for equality? You would rather see people discriminated against and oppressed rather than actually caring that their lives as citizens are not equal to yours?

EVERYONE has the SAME right to marry the opposit sex. We ALL have the same rights. There is NO discrimination. Not all people marry for love.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,779,377 times
Quote:
It would be stupid because the mating of heterosexuals is normal and how life works. Gays live for today where heterosexuals concern themselves with their future generations.

You are so full of $hit......where do you get your information from? Jerry Falwell? Gays do not live just for today. We are also concerned about future generations. Whether you like it or not MANY gays and lesbians procreate to produce children.

If the mating of heterosexuals is so normal, then why do homosexuals and lesbians have the SAME sex organs that are capable of reproducing? I guess with that line of thinking, homosexuals are normal.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
You are so full of $hit......where do you get your information from? Jerry Falwell? Gays do not live just for today. We are also concerned about future generations. Whether you like it or not MANY gays and lesbians procreate to produce children.

If the mating of heterosexuals is so normal, then why do homosexuals and lesbians have the SAME sex organs that are capable of reproducing? I guess with that line of thinking, homosexuals are normal.

I guess you are missing that fact that the same sex together produces NOTHING.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,282,639 times
Quote:
I guess you are missing that fact that the same sex together produces NOTHING.
Yes and so does straight sex.

I am an example of that. I have had sex with a guy and I have produced nothing. It better stay that way.

Same with infertile couples.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Yes and so does straight sex.

I am an example of that. I have had sex with a guy and I have produced nothing. It better stay that way.

Same with infertile couples.

I think medical issues are a little different don't ya think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or