Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concern level:
Completely apathetic 42 30.00%
Little concern 13 9.29%
Moderately concerned 25 17.86%
Very Concerned 53 37.86%
Keeps me up at night 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 AM

981 posts, read 800,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Very true. It is also sickening that they compare skin color to behavior. Race and sexual behavior are completely different. Most blacks hate this comparision and it shows in their votes against gay marriage.
Would you (could you?) please respond to post #66? I'm sure it would entail stretching your obviously infinite capacity for reason a bit more than normal, but I'd like to at least see you attempt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 04:16 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,058,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Would you (could you?) please respond to post #66? I'm sure it would entail stretching your obviously infinite capacity for reason a bit more than normal, but I'd like to at least see you attempt it.

Post 66. Skin color and who you like your sex with have NOTHING to do with each other. Personally I would not have a problem with civil unions for people that get married mulitple times.

As for you and your partner there is othing stopping you from having a marriage ceramony by some gay friendly clergy, a friend or whom ever you choose, As for benefits, adopt each other.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:59 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,743,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Post 66. Skin color and who you like your sex with have NOTHING to do with each other. Personally I would not have a problem with civil unions for people that get married mulitple times.

As for you and your partner there is othing stopping you from having a marriage ceramony by some gay friendly clergy, a friend or whom ever you choose, As for benefits, adopt each other.
I see you couldn't answer my question earlier... Do you think it would be right for me as a gay person to marry a woman, when I will always have feelings for a guy and in the process ruining her life, because narrow minded people like you think it's wrong for whatever reason, despite evidence being shown other wise??

Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,738,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I suggest EVERYONE watch that youtube movie that was put up. EXCELLENT!

makes me an even stronger advocate for gay marriage
Funny how the person I put it up for didn't even respond to it.
I guess he doesn't like facts contrary to his little opinions.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
He needs to address post 57. He asked me to post stories showing where gay couples were denied the right to make medical decisions for one another.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:56 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,811,647 times
Quote:
I am very concerned. It bothers me when a certain group is discriminated against.

I put myself in their shoes. Being denied marriage to the one I love, being denied visitation rights.....agh! Not fair especially in the USA!

Let freedom ring!
Is there states that allows it? So they arent exactly denied it

Old 01-05-2010, 08:59 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,811,647 times
Quote:
You brought up that homosexual sex cannot produce anything.

Right?

Some anti gay equality people also think it is a medical issue if you are gay.

So why not? It is not different

Infertile couples cannot produce, right? Same thing. I do not see a difference. And what about people who do not want to get pregnant (such as myself)? Should I be denied marrying a man just because I don't want to get pregnant and deal with that disgusting ordeal?
You are being petty here. You know what they were saying. Sorry got to be honest with you

Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,376,954 times
Quote:
Seems like the only people here who seem to bring up GLBT issues are the gay members, themselves (which is understandable). So, I was just curious about the level of genuine interest and concern for the inequalities that GLBT people face and the plight of GLBTs with regard to civil rights issues and the like.

There is no plight or issues that have anything to do with anyone except those who are homosexual and most of those issues are invented by self centered folks who wish to change the reality to suit themselves.

Lets see, gay folks can vote, live where they like, go where they like, work where they like, buy what they like, sleep with who they like, get married ect, ect, ect. Wheres the civil rights issue?

Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
There is no plight or issues that have anything to do with anyone except those who are homosexual and most of those issues are invented by self centered folks who wish to change the reality to suit themselves.

Lets see, gay folks can vote, live where they like, go where they like, work where they like, buy what they like, sleep with who they like, get married ect, ect, ect. Wheres the civil rights issue?
Gays and lesbians can only get married in certain states and their marriages are not recognized by the federal government.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:26 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,030,504 times
I'm straight and I am fairly concerned. I don't think it is right to discriminate for something that some one can't help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies