Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concern level:
Completely apathetic 42 30.00%
Little concern 13 9.29%
Moderately concerned 25 17.86%
Very Concerned 53 37.86%
Keeps me up at night 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Yeah a disease that needs a cure, and FAST.

Now I don't agree with the legal term "Gay Marriage", I do agree with Civil Unions. IMO "marriage" whether it be straight or gay should be just a civil union. When straights get divorced, what court is it handled in? CIVIL court!
If people want to get married in a church, that's their business, but the legal union that adds the benefits is CIVIL.

I don't know why more lawyers aren't lobbying to get Civil Unions legalized. Just think of all the added business if these Civil Unions end up in Divorce court!
Unless it has changed divorces are handled in Family Courts and not
Civil Courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 06:24 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
When the Gays have the right to get married, then they will have to get divorces if the marriage does not work out..... That will clean out the bank account.....

And a question, as things go today in divorce court the woman always comes out ahead 95% of the time...

So how will you work that part out if there is no woman?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
When the Gays have the right to get married, then they will have to get divorces if the marriage does not work out..... That will clean out the bank account.....

And a question, as things go today in divorce court the woman always comes out ahead 95% of the time...

So how will you work that part out if there is no woman?
Or what if they're both women?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
I never realized til coming on this forum how evil people are--thanks for reaffirming my belief that there are way too many crappy people out there, people who don't deserve the good things that they take for granted.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
They can certainly get married to the oposite sex just like everyone else. Why should they be given special treatment just because they are gay?
It's not about special rights; it's about expanding rights for all. In the states where it's legal, heterosexuals are able to marry someone of the same sex too - just like homosexuals.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks for explaining EXACTLY how homo marriage makes all marriage meaningless.
Nonsense. If a homosexual marriage makes a heterosexual marriage meaningless, I'd say the heterosexual marriage was a failure from the beginning.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:34 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I never realized til coming on this forum how evil people are--thanks for reaffirming my belief that there are way too many crappy people out there, people who don't deserve the good things that they take for granted.
Too true isn't it? The only consolation is I imagine them sitting alone eating their ramen noodles in their studio apartment. No friends, no family, just their miserable selves.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
The fact is that the only reason that gay people want to get married now is to avoid losing out on theoretical bennies that were put in place to help people raise families ect.
Not true. There are symbolic reasons for allowing same-sex marriage to be legal.

And you're assuming that benefits for marriage were put in place to help people raise children. For one, there's nothing in the marriage laws that says marriage is for raising children, and two, if the benefits that come with marriage are, indeed, for raising children, then wouldn't you agree that couples who don't have children should have their benefits or marriage licenses revoked?

Quote:
Since there is zero chance of a gay couple bearing offspring, the only societal benefit of marriage, the concept of gay marriage is counter productive.
And you're forgetting about the fact that lots of same-sex couples are raising children, either through adoption or through previous heterosexual marriages.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Pretty pathitic state of affairs that is too. Intentionally placing children into such a confusing situation just to placate homosexuals.
Ridiculous. The American Psychological Association and the American Medical Association have said there's no evidence that children of same-sex couples suffer from being raised by same-sex parents.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Maybe people with such profound sexual disorders that they view homosexuality as normal dont have the ability to grant consent rationally either.
What is this? 1955?

I pity those who reject science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies