Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concern level:
Completely apathetic 42 30.00%
Little concern 13 9.29%
Moderately concerned 25 17.86%
Very Concerned 53 37.86%
Keeps me up at night 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Wrong. You can get married anywhere as long as it's to a member of the opposite sex. Your right is the same as mine.
It would be awesome to see what would happen if hetero marriage were outlawed & gay marriage were legal. Ohhhh the outrage by the heteros who are against gay marriage! LOL, I would LOVE to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I'm completely opposed to "gay rights" in the normal sense of the term (right to marriage, right to adoption, etc.). You shouldn't be beaten or stoned, but don't try to change society to suit your immoral lifestyles.
Has your ability to get married to who you love as a hetero been altered in any way? Has it?...............................No? Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I bet you do but they are probably closeted for fear of being discriminated against by their 'friends and employers"
True. People don't realize who the people are around the more often than not.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Wow, that is pretty harsh. I guess, by that standard, I shouldn't care about issues that may explicitly affect heterosexuals, or affect others in terms of race or gender.
If they don't affect you personally--then why should they matter? If it affects all citizens equally, then they should matter to you, but otherwise? So what?

They want to take another 10% in taxes from the wealthy? So what--I'm not wealthy. They discriminate against non-whites, or women? Doesn't matter to me. I'm a white man. By the same token, I wouldn't actively support it either.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:42 PM

981 posts, read 806,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If they don't affect you personally--then why should they matter? If it affects all citizens equally, then they should matter to you, but otherwise? So what?
Wow...just...wow.

Quote:
They want to take another 10% in taxes from the wealthy? So what--I'm not wealthy. They discriminate against non-whites, or women? Doesn't matter to me. I'm a white man. By the same token, I wouldn't actively support it either.
You are just trying to justify your indifference to discrimination and bigotry, which is fine, nobody said you had to care. But I think it's clear what kind of person you are to say such things.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:23 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Not really. I don't HAVE to justify it--because it doesn't matter to begin with.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:31 PM

981 posts, read 806,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not really. I don't HAVE to justify it--because it doesn't matter to begin with.
LOL, OK then.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Wrong. You can get married anywhere as long as it's to a member of the opposite sex. Your right is the same as mine.
That wouldn't be fare to the man/woman (whichever the opposite sex may be) that they marry would it?

And just think of the kids going through a life with parents that don't really love one another.

I think kids raised by two men who love each other would be much better off than being raised by a man and a woman (one of whom is gay) that don't.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:25 PM

236 posts, read 237,051 times
My gosh...we're in Canada so we have no concerns over our rights and freedoms. We got married last summer after 20 monogamous years together. As for marriage and children, the two appear to have little to do with each other, as unmarried couples have children steadily and in abundance.
And yes, we concern ourselves greatly with future generations. We're god-parents to my sister's kids. Traditionally, god-parents provide spiritual guidance and /or legal guardianship should anything happen to the parents. This makes us , erm, fairy god-fathers, lol!

-Doug of thosemeninlove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies