Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I don't know 99, I don't see the brass or their lieutenants giving up their say on gays serving openly.
Congress could change the policy if they wanted to. I accept that they may not, however, Barney Frank has said that repealing DADT will be part of the Department Of Defense Authorization Bill this year in both houses of Congress, and Joe Lieberman is taking a leading role in repealing it in the Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 11:07 PM

1,179 posts, read 974,858 times
Predictions for 2010? Neck injuries skyrocket after the sky falls.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
These predictions with the Dems losing the Senate are down right hilarious....
I don't think I read that they would lose the senate. But if they do lose long held key positions of Reid,Boxer, and Dodd that would be big and well justified. Some of the bigger loser dems. out. Pelosi out would be a godsend. Dodd, Reid and Pelosi are some of the biggies that got us in the economic mess we are in along with Frank and truly some Repugs as well.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Predictions for 2010? Neck injuries skyrocket after the sky falls.
I don't think the sky is falling but we're up to our ankles in sewer.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:22 AM

22,176 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
I don't think I read that they would lose the senate. But if they do lose long held key positions of Reid,Boxer, and Dodd that would be big and well justified. Some of the bigger loser dems. out. Pelosi out would be a godsend. Dodd, Reid and Pelosi are some of the biggies that got us in the economic mess we are in along with Frank and truly some Repugs as well.
Gottasay and other both said they would lose the majority in both House and Senate. I don't think either one will happen, but the Senate is virtually zilch.

Reid and Dodd may lose, Boxer is pretty safe and Pelosi is beyond safe,

Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,333 times
After Americans have been disarmed, the Canadians will finally launch their attack. After seizing the nukes in North Dakota, sacking DC, and body checking all our elected officials, they'll give us free cable and high speed internet. Any opposition to the new order will quickly be silenced as the dissenters fall quietly into their easy chairs with eyes fixed on 350 HD channels. Their victory will be swift and complete. Their reign of politeness will last for 1000 years until the Dolphins rebel and form a federation with the Barbary pirates.

Admit it, this IS NOT the nuttiest thing you've read on CD.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:33 PM

It's cuttin it pretty close Joe

Old 01-05-2010, 09:15 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,210,097 times
Quote:
Things aren't looking great for Dodd and Reid at the moment (which could change), but Pelosi is in one of the most liberal districts in the U.S., so she'll be safe.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:18 PM

780 posts, read 1,343,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
These predictions with the Dems losing the Senate are down right hilarious....
Well, not sure about them actually losing the Senate, but they will lose seats in both the House & Senate, and Reid will be voted out of his seat in NV.

Unemployment will continue to drop to about 8% just before the 2010 elections, but go back up in Jan 2011 after people are sworn in, and holiday workers are once again, laid off. Gas prices ( as always just before an election ) will drop after Labor Day, and also, go back up again in Jan 2011 after officials are sworn in.

Temp staffing services will become even more powerful as major employers in the US after more employers cut back to save themselves more money, which will in turn, cause more people to lose their health benefits which will in turn, cause more to file bankruptcy.

The ban on gays in the military will be lifted, and these conservatives that were just jumping for joy about Scott Brown being elected to take Ted Kennedy's MA senate seat will be hugely disappointed, when he has to stay to the left just to keep his popularity rate up in the most liberal state in the nation.

Last edited by skylar0201; 02-13-2010 at 05:29 PM..

Old 02-13-2010, 05:21 PM

780 posts, read 1,343,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Things aren't looking great for Dodd and Reid at the moment (which could change), but Pelosi is in one of the most liberal districts in the U.S., so she'll be safe.
Correct. Pelosi isn't going anywhere.

Dodd already stated he isn't running for re-election--which may have come after your post--not sure, and you're correct, Reid will be voted out because of NV having the 2nd highest ( only behind MI ) unemployment rate, the highest foreclosure rates in the nation, and receiving the least in stimulus funds--his own state, as well as allowing the health care reform bill as well as the jobs bill to be watered down. Reid will be dealt a crushing defeat, IMO. As a liberal myself, I want Reid out of office too! He has done nothing that benefits the democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies