Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:00 PM

4,482 posts, read 5,326,796 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote for Obama and I despised Bush with a passion.

Having said this, Obama has maintained a level of continuity from where Bush left off.

Not much change, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 12:07 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,321,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
CDOs, CDSs and the rest of the capitalist derivative Ponzi schemes would not have been possible without Phil ("The recession is all in your head") and Wendy Gramm and the rest of the corporate wh@res with their deregulation orgies which had a lot more to do with the crash than ACORN. Do some research.
They all played their part in it, but to deny that ACORN had nothing to do with it is naive at best.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:09 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,276,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
just watch the video...if this doesnt make you want to overthrow out current government i dont know what will.

Clearly you don't know what will.

You have to love the temerity of those on the right that somehow feel this country is "theirs" as opposed to "ours" collectively.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,238,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Not going to happen.

Without the independents and left side Rep who voted for him this time he has NO SHOT at all.

It has been proven the indys already left him and many blue dog dems will not vote for him again because of his lies and broken promises.

Who would vote for a person who has proven he is not ready for prime time?

Only a fool would allow this man to have this job after his horrible performance.
Don't be ridiculous. No one can top baby Bush in incompetence.

Quote:
The dream is about over. The bad dream and biggest mistake in American political history.
O is trying to mop up the mess left by baby Bush. Not doing a good job but that's another issue.

Quote:
People will not allow themselves to be fooled twice. Then again some minority group of sheep will follow their leader right off the cliff.
Once again, that award goes to baby Bush. Three strikes yer out!

Old 01-05-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Clearly you don't know what will.

You have to love the temerity of those on the right that somehow feel this country is "theirs" as opposed to "ours" collectively.
You didn't know right wing crackpots have a monopoly on patriotism??? You're just not watching enough Glen Beck and Bill O'Reilly. Get with the program!

Old 01-05-2010, 12:21 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,459,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
How do you feel about giving amnisty to gang members? Giving free money to illegal immigrants? Paying for illegal immigrants to become legal with your own money? Here is a list of a few of the proposals that are on this bill...
Your Dumbo Dobbs video is from 2007. Meanwhile, here is the ENTIRE text of S-9...

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `Stronger Economy, Stronger Borders Act of 2009'.

SEC. 2. SENSE OF CONGRESS.
It is the sense of Congress that Congress should enact, and the President should sign, legislation to strengthen the economy, recognize the heritage of the United States as a nation of immigrants, and amend the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq.) by--
(1) providing more effective border and employment enforcement;
(2) preventing illegal immigration; and
(3) reforming and rationalizing avenues for legal immigration.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,685,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
In fact, this just in from Gallup. As of as this morning 1/5/10.........Obama stands at 50% approval

That is the latest data from Gallup............ Your info is old.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Thank you. I was trying to find something more current on the original link.

50% = Glass half empty or half full?

Old 01-05-2010, 12:35 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,276,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Thank you. I was trying to find something more current on the original link.

50% = Glass half empty or half full?
Considering the economy, I'll take it..

Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
They all played their part in it, but to deny that ACORN had nothing to do with it is naive at best.
The destruction of America is a bipartisan effort. "Affordable housing for everyone" was certainly part of the problem but it wouldn't have been possible without the deregulation orgy championed by the banking industries lobbyists like Phil & Wendy Gramm. Blaming ACORN is nothing but a cheap smokescreen by the F#X corporate apologists to blame the poor instead of the billionaire banksters robbing us blind.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,321,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
The destruction of America is a bipartisan effort. "Affordable housing for everyone" was certainly part of the problem but it wouldn't have been possible without the deregulation orgy championed by the banking industries lobbyists like Phil & Wendy Gramm. Blaming ACORN is nothing but a cheap smokescreen by the F#X corporate apologists to blame the poor instead of the billionaire banksters robbing us blind.
Who said I'm blaming the poor? They were the pawns in this chess game. They are the ones hit the hardest by the housing market crash. ACORN lured them in with promises of home ownership... of houses they clearly couldn't afford. Did ACORN care if they could afford the mortgage? Nope. Did the bankers care? Nope. Did the lobbyists care? Nope, because they all stood to gain by lining their pockets. Of course it was a bipartisan debacle, I mearly pointed out that ACORN was smack in the thick of the scandal.

You also never replied about my other ACORN claims though. Why won't ACORN open its books for inspection if they are so upstanding and did nothing wrong. Taxpayers have a right to know how our tax dollars are being spent. And your claim that ACORN doesn't support illicit sex? Well I think I debunked that, unless you want to reread post #45.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies