Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i noticed this got called on, recently, over at the doctor conspiracy site yet......

the contention isn't ( nor has it ever been ) that vattel's work wasn't available or wasn't an influence on some of our founding fathers. it looks like it was. it covers thoughts on many aspects of international law ( or vattel's interpretation of them ). the major point of the vattel case is beyond simple........ he never said ( or defined ) "natural born citizen" in his work ( not in english or in french ). the phrase was adapted to his work for the first time 10years after the ratification of the constitution.

john jay adapted it..we have his letter..the founders could speak french and other languages..jefferson used the words..they referred to vattel on many issues...not only international..if the founders wanted citizens to be president..why did they omit the word (citizen)7 sept 1787 and leave natural born citizen..there is a difference between the two..if not..tell me why they deleted 'citizen'

Old 04-26-2010, 01:05 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
WikiAnswers - Is a certification of live birth the same thing as a birth certificate in Hawaii

No, he wasn't.

YouTube - Obama Kenyan Birth Certificate

His alleged Certificate of Live Birth from Hawaii looks like it was printed yesterday. I could produce that in Photoshop with no problem.

But aside from all this where did this guy come from? Why didn't anyone hear about him before 2008? Where did all his money to run come from? It stinks. But most of you Kool-Aid drinkers that support him are so wound up from being glued to Dancing with the Stars and American Idol you don't have the slightest clue how your country is being stolen right before your eyes.
His birth certificate came from the Hawaii Dept of Health. They have Electronic Records. It has the raised seal, that is something that can't be photo shopped.

He was known before 2008, he ran for Senator if Illinois in 2004 and won, prior to that he was State Senator for 8 years, first being elected in 1996. He served elected office for 12 years prior to becoming President.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:12 AM

948 posts, read 894,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
His birth certificate came from the Hawaii Dept of Health. They have Electronic Records. It has the raised seal, that is something that can't be photo shopped.

He was known before 2008, he ran for Senator if Illinois in 2004 and won, prior to that he was State Senator for 8 years, first being elected in 1996. He served elected office for 12 years prior to becoming President.
He was a nobody for 12 years before being given the Presidency. He'll be a nobody after 2012. You'll see.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:17 AM

26,565 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
john jay adapted it..we have his letter..the founders could speak french and other languages..jefferson used the words..they referred to vattel on many issues...not only international..if the founders wanted citizens to be president..why did they omit the word (citizen)7 sept 1787 and leave natural born citizen..there is a difference between the two..if not..tell me why they deleted 'citizen'
this post honestly makes no sense. i don't know how to reply.

if you can break down the points you want to make i'd be happy to answer.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
As Wanda Sykes said "You know how I know Barrack Obama ain't from another country. He doesn't speak any language besides English and he doesn't know the metric system. That's about as American as it gets."

Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
this post honestly makes no sense. i don't know how to reply.

if you can break down the points you want to make i'd be happy to answer.

Vattel Cited: Records of the Federal Convention1787 (Natural Born Citizen)

Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 AM

438 posts, read 503,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZICIT View Post
The question about the birthplace of President Obama has been hotly debated for over a year now, so this post is not addressed to the 'crackpots' who insist that they have the 'truth' either way.
We all know that, some say he was born in Hawaii, some say Africa, some say South America. I say that, without valid, unquestionable documentation (Like a recorded Birth Certificate) we just don't know for sure.
Fact is it is proven he was born here and anyone questioning this is just a birther whether you outright claim he wasn't born here or put up a faux front of moderation by giving the false appearance of entertaining all possible answers.

Quote:
One point I have not seen discussed is the 'FACT' that Obama travelled to Pakistan (I think it was) in 1981 when he was in his early 20's. To do that he had to have a passport- right?
If my recollection of 'history' is correct, USA citizens could not get a visa for Pakistan in those years.
In order to get a passport just about anywhere in the world, certainly in the USA, you have to 'prove' citizenship, don't you?
So, do we (the public) have any access to a public record of passport/visas issued in 1981? Yes? or No?

You also got your facts wrong or just choose to go with the right wing chain emails, on the issue of traveling to Pakistan.

The US has never banned Americans from traveling to Pakistan or vice versa.The US issued a travel warning but that is issued to a host of countries and it is NOT the same as prohibiting an American from traveling to said countries.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:30 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
He was a nobody for 12 years before being given the Presidency. He'll be a nobody after 2012. You'll see.
Once you are POTUS you will never be a "nobody". Obama will have his place in the history books.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 AM

948 posts, read 894,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Once you are POTUS you will never be a "nobody". Obama will have his place in the history books.
As the worst President ever.

And that is a shame.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:39 AM

438 posts, read 503,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Your recollection is incorrect.

Here, an 1981 NYT travel piece describing the charms of traveling to Lahore: LAHORE, A SURVIVOR WITH A BITTERSWEET HISTORY - New York Times
I suspect it is not really a recollection at all, because who actually remembers American-Pakistani visa laws from that far back unless the person actually went there or is Pakistani .

My hunch is the TS read one of the right wing chain emails falsely claiming Obama could not have travelled to Pakistan on a US passport, and TS is trying to pass off this chain email 'claim' as some personal experience because he does not want to source some chain email or right wing birther blog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies