Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not quite. The following Supreme Court cases, Venus Case, Shanks v. Dupont, Minor v. Happersett, all similarly ruled that "all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens."

Wrong, not one of your cases is even en pointe, to begin with. None of your cases specifies that the children have to born of parents who are BOTH citizens.

And you're wrong about the difficulty it would have been for Obama to have been naturalized. Impossible, (scoffing because this is so far from the truth).

Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am just saying the word of Dr. Fukino is not proof to me. Show me the original birth certificate and put this whole controversy to rest.

"you asked for a government official to say that obama was born in hawaii and it was provided."

No I didn't. You must be confusing me with someone else. I want to see the original birth certificate. That is the only item that will put this matter to rest for me.
YOU will never see the original birth certificate. So exactly whose word will you accept?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 AM

89,017 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
not one of your cases is even en pointe, to begin with. None of your cases specifies that the children have to born of parents who are BOTH citizens.
Those cases clearly state a definition of natural born. Precedence.

Quote:
And you're wrong about the difficulty it would have been for Obama to have been naturalized. Impossible, (scoffing because this is so far from the truth).
Naturalized is not natural born.

The fact of the matter is if Obama was born anywhere outside the U.S., his mother did not meet the requirements to pass U.S. citizenship to him.
Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad (http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html - broken link)

Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:

The fact of the matter is if Obama was born anywhere outside the U.S., his mother did not meet the requirements to pass U.S. citizenship to him.
Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad (http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html - broken link)
And IF he had been born anywhere else other than where the state of Hawaii as documented that he was born his mother would have had to have a birth certificate and passport for him in order to bring him back to the States. Come back when you have that birth certificate and passport records and we'll talk. Make sure they have been authenticated by the Kenya government. Then we can fight about the creditability of the two countries.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
john jay adapted it..we have his letter..the founders could speak french and other languages..jefferson used the words..they referred to vattel on many issues...not only international..if the founders wanted citizens to be president..why did they omit the word (citizen)7 sept 1787 and leave natural born citizen..there is a difference between the two..if not..tell me why they deleted 'citizen'
DC, I don't know why you cling to this. "Natural Born Citizen" has never been defined in a court of law, and you know it. Andrew Jackson, James Buchanan, Chester Arthur, Woodrow Wilson, and Herbert Hoover ALL had at least one foreign born parent. If it were so important, they wouldn't have been able to run.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
And IF he had been born anywhere else other than where the state of Hawaii as documented that he was born his mother would have had to have a birth certificate and passport for him in order to bring him back to the States. Come back when you have that birth certificate and passport records that has been authenticated by the Kenya government and we'll talk.
I'm interested in hearing you talk about this:
Quote:
Misconceptions include the following:
- a birth certificate insures the identity and citizenship of the person holding it
http://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-07-99-00570.pdf (broken link)

Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

But he was born in Hawaii, so it doesn't matter. In the event there is another candidate born abroad to a teen mother, I'm willing to bet they'll find a way for him/her to run, just like they did for McCain. It's sad that Obama voted for that resolution making McCain a NBC, then gets all this crap about not being one himself (though not from McCain).

Old 04-26-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:

Correct, naturalized is not natural born. But it's just as good. There is only one thing a natural born citizen can do that a naturalized cannot. Only one thing. And so, when did the conspiracy start, and why?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But he was born in Hawaii
Based on what? A COLB HHS admits does not ensure citizenship because birth certificates are so easy to obtain fraudulently?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Correct, naturalized is not natural born. But it's just as good. There is only one thing a natural born citizen can do that a naturalized cannot. Only one thing. And so, when did the conspiracy start, and why?
Not sure. We'd have to see more documentation and records to see what all, if anything, went on. When will Obama release his records?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies