Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 12:37 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There is absolutely no evidence that Obama's birth certificate was based on an affadavit. None, zip, nada.
There is absolutely no evidence that it wasn't, either.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if you believe that a birth certificate isn't adequate to prove citizenship...
Not just me. The HHS Inspector General and many others, too.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:42 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Um, yes, that was the political purpose of Hoover trying to hide the fact that his mother was Canadian. That was my point.

"Natural Born Citizen" has never been defined in court. I've been following these birther threads for a while now, and some people like to claim that having a non-native born parent, even one who became a citizen before the person was born, disqualifies one from running for president. The fact is, there is no definition. "Tradition" plays a role, as does political expediency. Is Bobby Jindal a NBC?
Bobby Jindal's situation is the same as Obama's. His parents were not citizens when he was born.

Regarding the Hoover situation, there is something I had forgotten . A couple of years ago, I started to do some genealogy research and, on a census form, found the date of naturalization for my great grandfather, but not my great grandmother. After asking around, I found out that there was a naturalization act passed in 1855, that automatically naturalized any immigrant woman upon her marriage to a U.S citizen.

The posters in the genealogy would probably have known this immediately, but I forgot.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What law would be broken? Hawaii has a very clearly established method of obtaining a birth certificate based on unverified say-so information.

If you claim the info on Obama's Indonesian school record is true, do you also accept Obama's Indonesian citizenship as truth?

You asked for speculation. I offered one. It would be much easier to fill out a form and obtain the say-so birth certificate than go through the government's naturalization process.
Go back and read the posts. I already answered you about the laws that would be broken when falsifying birth records.

I asked you to provide a reason why someone would have preferred to obtain a false birth certificate, breaking the law, to obeying the law obtaining a naturalized citizenship for an infant. You haven't speculated as to any reason, really. It's easier, as speculation? You can't come up with anything better than that? And you call other people unreasonable????

It's not easier. They would still have had to fill out a form. Someone would have had to fill out an affidavit. There would have been fees involved to get the forms. Nnnnnnneeeeennnnnnnnhhhhhhhh. Fail. Try again.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate

Read down to the bottom. An account from someone who talked to the doctor who delivered Obama.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:02 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Quote:

Read down to the bottom. An account from someone who talked to the doctor who delivered Obama.
Before they jump all over you.. the doctor referenced is not the one who delivered him - just a doctor at the hospital with knowledge of the birth of the kid with the funny name. My understanding is that the doctor retired before Obama's birth but kept on at the hospital in an admin capacity.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Go back and read the posts. I already answered you about the laws that would be broken when falsifying birth records.
Hawaiian law? No. It's a state-issued birth certificate.

Quote:
I asked you to provide a reason why someone would have preferred to obtain a false birth certificate, breaking the law, to obeying the law obtaining a naturalized citizenship for an infant. You haven't speculated as to any reason, really. It's easier, as speculation?
Again, no law was broken. There is no requirement to verify information provided on a Hawaiian say-so birth certificate.

You asked for speculation. I gave it.

Quote:
It's not easier. They would still have had to fill out a form. Someone would have had to fill out an affidavit. There would have been fees involved to get the forms. Nnnnnnneeeeennnnnnnnhhhhhhhh. Fail. Try again.
Naturalizing a child who has not acquired U.S. citizenship through either parent is not as easy as filling out a say-so application form to register a birth.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:

A hearsay story?

Just about the same as a say-so birth certificate.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
When Obama's stepfather registered him for school in Indonesia, he included the information that Obama was born in Honolulu. Therefore, Soetoro was told that.
Hmmm... Either Obama's mother and Soetoro gave factually accurate information to the Indonesian school when Obama was registered (Barry Soetoro: born in Honolulu, Indonesian citizen, Islam religion), or acknowledge the possibility that the adults in Obama's life lied at will to get what they wanted.

Which is it?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A hearsay story?

Just about the same as a say-so birth certificate.
People have posted more dubious than that to supposedly PROVE Obama was not born in the US, like that Kenyan BC signed by Dudly Doright! Anyway, moving on:

As someone who has worked in public health, I found this article interesting.

http://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-07-99-00570.pdf (broken link)

I read the whole thing. I think you, IC, for posting it. However, its relevance to this issue is about zero. It is mainly about theft of legitimate birth certificates for the purpose of identity theft. It talks about increased security, training, etc, at offices that issue birth certificates. In point of fact, Hawaii has tighter procedures than do many states. When it says, a birth certificate is not sufficient (I am paraphrasing from the best of my memory), it means the person is not necessarily who the BC says s/he is. So unless you are claiming that the POTUS stole the identity of one Barack Hussein Obama, whose birth was duly registered 4 days after his birth in Honolulu, there is no relevancy to Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies