U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:36 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,358 posts, read 7,755,529 times
Reputation: 7213

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Right , I heard the whole thing, read several different transcripts when the story FIRST broke. I listened to it just the other day.

He clearly stated SHE WAS PRESENT ... then the rest of the tape was all the back pedalling to correct the statement.

Maybe he mis spoke and maybe somebody said "don't reveal that" !!!

The tape was so inaudible and the transcripts rife with footnotes offering different words that I don't think we could trust it either way.

THE TAPE DOES NOT MATTER.
When the birther king and queen released edited versions of the tape, it sure mattered to their sheep then. Why the back pedaling now since the full tapes are available? Obama's step-grandmother clearly corrected herself not only on that tape and in a written statement afterward. As for someone else coaching her in the background, the simplest explanation is usually the truth i.e. the step-grandmother is a very old woman and old people misspeak on occasion---especially when deliberately being mislead by an interviewer looking for a story to fit his agenda.

 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:40 AM
 
Location: NW Houston
229 posts, read 214,860 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Without that doctor's signature, a Birth Certificate cannot be issued. The family would actually have to file a court case in order to get a Birth Certificate issued



Wrong, it was quite common, even on the mainland for babies to be born with an attending physician. Just ask any Christian Scientist ... if you really dare talk to one for very long ...
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 AM
 
Location: NW Houston
229 posts, read 214,860 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Actually all of this is a diversion and moot. President Obama was sworn in as President of the United States. That's a done deal. No court can remove him from power. The only body that can deal with any issues is the Congress and we control Congress. Read 'em and weep birthers. YOU DON'T MATTER.
You dont matter now and you will matter even less in 2011 and then even less in 2013.

Get ready for 8 years of democracy starting in 2013. You know it , I know it, we all know it!!!
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,017 posts, read 102,674,652 times
Reputation: 33083
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Right , I heard the whole thing, read several different transcripts when the story FIRST broke. I listened to it just the other day.

He clearly stated SHE WAS PRESENT ... then the rest of the tape was all the back pedalling to correct the statement.

Maybe he mis spoke and maybe somebody said "don't reveal that" !!!

The tape was so inaudible and the transcripts rife with footnotes offering different words that I don't think we could trust it either way.

THE TAPE DOES NOT MATTER.
He stated she was present? Who so stated? The American "reporter"?
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 AM
 
Location: NW Houston
229 posts, read 214,860 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
When the birther king and queen released edited versions of the tape, it sure mattered to their sheep then. Why the back pedaling now since the full tapes are available? Obama's step-grandmother clearly corrected herself not only on that tape and in a written statement afterward. As for someone else coaching her in the background, the simplest explanation is usually the truth i.e. the step-grandmother is a very old woman and old people misspeak on occasion---especially when deliberately being mislead by an interviewer looking for a story to fit his agenda.

All true, the professor was clearly trying to then say what he wanted them to say but the statement "I WAS PRESENT" was before all the twisting.

Still, the tape don't matter. What matters is the fact that whether it be on microfilm, digitized files or where ever. There is a long form certificate that would prove the hospital he was born in the USA.

Show it to the American People and put the issue to rest.
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:49 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,358 posts, read 7,755,529 times
Reputation: 7213
Quote:
Originally Posted by red red rose
Long Form Birth Certificate !

If it has the Hospital's name and the Doctor's signature on it, we would know that he is a native born citizen per the fourteenth amendment, anyway.

I tend to think that knowing if the President was actually born a citizen at all is rather important.
How far back do you want to make this retroactive requirement for presidential candidates? The short form is all the legal proof necessary for citizenship in the U.S.A, but if you want work to change the law, knock yourself out but most of us won't be able to get one from our birth states. Nor do most of us care to see Obama's long form.
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:49 AM
 
Location: NW Houston
229 posts, read 214,860 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
He stated she was present? Who so stated? The American "reporter"?

The relative that was translating, please go read/listen to the thing.

I supplied the link earlier.
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,017 posts, read 102,674,652 times
Reputation: 33083
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
The relative that was translating, please go read/listen to the thing.

I supplied the link earlier.
Like h*** you supplied the link. I read it ages ago, just read it again recently. No one says they were present at Obama's birth. The US "pastor" was leading all the parties to say what he wanted them to say. He also used Sarah Obama, who thought she was going to get a Bible. What a piece of trash that guy is!
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:56 AM
 
20,336 posts, read 9,881,295 times
Reputation: 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Show it to the American People and put the issue to rest.
how will knowing which hospital obama was born in put to rest the issue for those that believe you need both parents to be citizens ? or those that believe obama has indonesian citizenship ?
 
Old 05-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,017 posts, read 102,674,652 times
Reputation: 33083
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
how will knowing which hospital obama was born in put to rest the issue for those that believe you need both parents to be citizens ? or those that believe obama has indonesian citizenship ?
It won't put that stuff to rest. The "birthers" just keep changing their issues to fit the facts available. Prove he was born in Hawaii, they come up with "Indonesian" citizenship, dual citizenship with Britain/Kenya, and many other red herrings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top