Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 04:35 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The Founder and owner of Free Republic.com has gone public with this statement:<snip>
So?

Old 05-01-2010, 04:38 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
I don't give a rats arse how long you lived in Hawaii or where your mom worked.
seeing that you can't even get which relative of mines worked at the Hawaii DOH, its no surprise that your understanding is also as poor.

Quote:
It has been stated that the first US president born in a hospital was Jimmy Carter. I find it hard to believe that many folks were born in hospitals prior to 1959.
Oh, so out of the 44 presidents, 1/4th of which were born at time there was not such thing as hospitals, you find it surprising?

I dont.

Hospitals are very expensive. Many families before the 70's only had one person earning an income, and forget anything about Health Insurance (before 1929 there was no such thing) as that was not usually paid by the commpany/employer of the family; it came out of the person's/family's pocket. That didn't start till about World War II (so presidents before then, were more likely to be born at home, than in a hospital).

yes many people were born in hospitals even before 1959 (as the family could have afforded it; or a medical condition required it, so on so forth); doesn't mean that there are people who weren't.

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that a place that tortured Catholics until the 20th century had great hospitals and doctors. Yes we all know the French invaded in the mid 1800's and attempted to put a stop to it but it continued for nearly 50 years. Face it, Hawaii was as backwards and rough as the wild west and most folks were not born in hospitals.
Excuse me? But backwards? Lord you are freaking ignorant.
Hawaii was home to many advancements in medical technology, including Cloning ( Mice Cloned

and by far, Hawaii has had the BEST Health Care coverage in all of the US, cited during Clinton's administration to model Health Care reform after.

You also forget that we were a territory of the US for a while becoming a state. We were afforded all amenities and technology needed at the time.

But you forget, Hospitals ARE VERY expensive, no matter where you were in the US at the time.

Quote:
If it were not for all the sugar and the strategic military location, it would never have been annexed. Heck, it took nearly sixty years and at least 5 attempts before it became a state.
Your ignorance on our history is just as bad as your claims about eligibility. Im not about go into the nearly 110 years of history of the Republic of Hawaii and its path to Statehood. Seems that you missed your 4th grade history lessons.

Quote:
You say false, I quote the law direct from the official Hawian govt. site.
I gave my reasons why its false. the fact that you can't understand it, is not my fault.

Quote:
Provide links that back up your claims.
Pot. Kettle. Black. Provide links to LEGAL evidence that Obama is not a natural born citizen.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
I don't give a rats arse how long you lived in Hawaii or where your mom worked.

It has been stated that the first US president born in a hospital was Jimmy Carter. I find it hard to believe that many folks were born in hospitals prior to 1959.
I find it hard to believe that a place that tortured Catholics until the 20th century had great hospitals and doctors. Yes we all know the French invaded in the mid 1800's and attempted to put a stop to it but it continued for nearly 50 years. Face it, Hawaii was as backwards and rough as the wild west and most folks were not born in hospitals.

If it were not for all the sugar and the strategic military location, it would never have been annexed. Heck, it took nearly sixty years and at least 5 attempts before it became a state.

You say false, I quote the law direct from the official Hawian govt. site.

Provide links that back up your claims.
You are obviously showing your (young) age, here, deturmind. Where'd you come up with this 1959 year, anyway? Obama was born in 1961. HistorianDude provided the statistics, 87.5% by 1935 were born in hospitals.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:41 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
The Founder and owner of Free Republic.com has gone public with this statement
big whoop.
please provide a link to his educational background on constitutional law.

Whoops. He doesn't have one.

His opinion matters not. Court decisions and 200 years of legal precedence does.

Seeing that Obama is not a marxist in any sense of the word, you also need to educate your self and your ENTIRE movement of what and usurper is (its meaning).

(hint: an usurper is someone who takes the role of leadership by force; please show us where Obama has done anything of the sort)

Last edited by Arus; 05-01-2010 at 04:53 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 05:01 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
The Founder and owner of Free Republic.com has gone public with this statement:

One of the constitutional requirements for the office of the presidency is that he be a "natural born citizen."
“[b]ased upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are “natural born Citizens” for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."

Ankeny v. Gov. State of Indiana

Old 05-01-2010, 05:03 PM

229 posts, read 241,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Let's work on your education:
S&P 500 when Bush started ~ 1400
S&P 500 9/2002 ~ 800
S&P when Bush left office ~ 800
S&P today ~ 1200
Typical lefty lib tactic. Twist the facts to fit your motive.

Go here for the real reasons US stocks did bad.

Bull Investors.com - Stock Market History

Now, to attack your logic ... simply by adding the details you left out

Very convenient of you to just show the start and the end but leave out the "in between". It is clear the growth in the Clinton years was attributed to the republican congress that kept his spending at bay and kept taxes low.

The link above provides the real reasons the market tanked and what was put in place by congress and the president at the time to address the issues.

clinton '93 - ~450 (democrap congress)
clinton '94 - ~460 (democrap congress)
clinton '95 - ~550 (republican congress)
clinton '96 - ~650 (republican congress)
clinton '97 - ~870 (republican congress)
clinton '98 - ~1100 (republican congress)
clinton '99 - ~1300 (republican congress)
clinton '00 - ~1450 (republican congress)

Bush '01 - ~1100 (republican congress)
Bush '02 - ~950 (republican congress)
Bush '03 - ~950 (republican congress)
Bush '04 - ~1100 (republican congress)
Bush '05 - ~1200 (republican congress)
Bush '06 - ~1300 (republican congress)
Bush '07 - ~1475(democrap congress)
Bush '08 - ~1200 (democrap congress) (it only hit 800 in December of 08)

Obama '09 - ~950 (democrap congress)
Obama '10 - ~1100 (democrap congress)

^GSPC: Historical Prices for S&P 500 INDEX,RTH - Yahoo! Finance

I am sorry, I know the truth hurts, Bama would have been given a much higher market if it were not for the mortgage crisis.

Want to talk about Jobs now... I wouldn't if I were you.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Egads is this still going on! Wait I know the martians are in Nevada being held in a secured facility and their liberators are on the way and the War of the Worlds is about to begin. Oh lordy what are we going to do!

Old 05-01-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
“[b]ased upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are “natural born Citizens” for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents."

Ankeny v. Gov. State of Indiana
Correct, he was born here, his parents were here long enough after the age of 14.

He and his parents travelled back to China where he had 4 children.

It was ruled that he and all his children were NBC.

Bama's mom did not forfill the age and residency status if in fact Bama was born in another country.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:17 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
<snipped for relevance>Bama's mom did not forfill the age and residency status if in fact Bama was born in another country.
Irrelevant, he wasn't born in another country...

Old 05-01-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are obviously showing your (young) age, here, deturmind. Where'd you come up with this 1959 year, anyway? Obama was born in 1961. HistorianDude provided the statistics, 87.5% by 1935 were born in hospitals.
Hey Mister Hawaii ... I thought you knew it all ...

Hawaii became a state in 1959.

I would like to see a link that that 87% of Hawians where born in hospitals in 1935.

1939 I Giving Birth
“The hospital is replacing the home as the place of birth of American children. In 1936 . . . more than 40 percent of the total born alive . . . were delivered in hospitals.” From the Bulletin.

Eight Decades of Health Care

Again, no link, no facts ... no deal.

Especially from somebody that claims to be from Hawaii and does not even know the year it became a state.

You sir, are lying about being from Hawaii. You stumbled across this blog in your search for Birther bashing and made it all up. If not, then how credible is somebody that does not even know when his own state became a state. OK, other obscure states maybe, but I think everyone knows when Hawaii and Alaska became states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies