U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Your "argument" is contradicting itself. Was he born in Seattle (part of America last time I checked) or was he born out of this country and then announced his birth in Hawaii? Per law his mother would be required to be a resident of Hawaii for one year before obtaining a birth certificate if born out of territory. So if you are claiming he was born in Seattle, yet obtained a Hawaiian BC, it still validates his American citizenship. If you are claiming he was born out of this country, then your argument for the Seattle non-sense thwarts that. You're running in circles here.
What I said was that his mother was living in Seattle in August of 1961.

If Obama was born in Seattle, why would he need to lie and say he was born in Hawaii?

 
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 PM
 
Location: On Top
12,388 posts, read 11,603,569 times
Reputation: 4027
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Based on your born in Seattle premise... Why would Obama lie about being born in Hawaii if he could just as easily claim natural born citizen status if he was born in Seattle?
Have you been to the Seattle Public Library yourself or are you simply taking the
word of the author who wrote that article?

Last edited by meson; 04-19-2010 at 01:52 PM..
 
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 5,800,577 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Based on your born in Seattle premise... Why would Obama lie about being born in Hawaii if he could just as easily claim natural born citizen status if he was born in Seattle?
Why is that relevant at all concerning his citizenship status?
 
Old 04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,175,860 times
Reputation: 4535
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What I said was that his mother was living in Seattle in August of 1961.

If Obama was born in Seattle, why would he need to lie and say he was born in Hawaii?
Is there some law on the books--past or present--that states a new mother may not board a plane with a newborn to another state?

For the record, my mother's stay in the hospital with me in 1964 lasted 5 days, not 'several weeks'.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Sorry my mistake, it was Katiana in this thread where you were spewing the same nonsense you are spewing here....Kat wrote this:

"While you think that extremely odd, you think nothing of a mom with a newborn traveling from Kenya to Hawaii to place a birth announcement? I believe Mrs. Obama was seen in Hawaii after his birth."
Interesting... I post the fact that Obama's mother and infant Obama lived in Seattle, NOT Hawaii, in August 1961 and you call that spew. But Kat posts a 'belief' and that's not spew. Hmmm...
 
Old 04-19-2010, 01:56 PM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Have you been to the Seattle Public Library yourself or are you simply taking the
word of the author who wrote that article?
Call the Seattle Public Library to verify it yourself, if you wish.
The Seattle Public Library: Seattle Public Library Home Page

The author:
Capitol Hill Community Council: 2008 Candidate -- Vice President -- Charlette Lefevre (http://www.capitolhillcommunitycouncil.org/charlette-lefevre - broken link)
 
Old 04-19-2010, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
7,450 posts, read 5,800,577 times
Reputation: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Interesting... I post the fact that Obama's mother and infant Obama lived in Seattle, NOT Hawaii, in August 1961 and you call that spew. But Kat posts a 'belief' and that's not spew. Hmmm...
YOur fact is irrelevant to the topic at hand, though.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 02:00 PM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Is there some law on the books--past or present--that states a new mother may not board a plane with a newborn to another state?
No. But a single mother moving her belongings thousands of miles away with a barely weeks old infant in tow would be quite unusual.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,456 posts, read 12,690,467 times
Reputation: 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where did I say that?
When didn't you say that?











First you come here and insinuate the guy was born in Kenya. Now you're saying that he couldn't have been born in Hawaii and clearly must have been born in Seattle. Which one is it? What are you arguing? You need to stand up and state your case. All you are doing right now is arguing what it's not, but not saying what it is. Are you saying he was born out of this country or in this country?

Lets be honest though, the bottom line is that on all fronts the birther movement is all but defunct. This is nothing more than grasping at straws.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
YOur fact is irrelevant to the topic at hand, though.
It casts doubt as to the veracity of the events surrounding his birth that Obama has released, so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top