U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 10:17 AM

44,924 posts, read 28,133,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
You ignore the fact that he has released proof that he was born in Hawaii...
VERIFIED BY HAWAIIAN OFFICIALS....
And you ignore the fact that that proof was not the real birth certificate. What he showed is something that anyone can have no matter where their baby is born just for the asking.

I allowed him to be born there long ago but real proof would be very nice since all he gains from not showing real proof is to keep us split and arguing and avoiding the most serious constitutional crisis of all time, if it turns out that he wasn't born there.

When will you manage to realize that if any of those Hawaiian authorities have seen the long form certificate they broke the law because he sealed that thing and they have no right to see it any more than I do?

Old 05-07-2010, 11:55 AM

20,894 posts, read 13,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And you ignore the fact that that proof was not the real birth certificate. What he showed is something that anyone can have no matter where their baby is born just for the asking.
Wrong. The COLB is a real birth certificate by both law and definition.And you cannot get a COLB that says you were born in Hawaii unless you were actually born in Hawaii. According to the US State Department (which happens to be the highest executive authority in the nation tasked with determining who is or is not a citizen) Obama's COLB is absolute legal proof of his Hawaiian birth and his status as a natural born American citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
When will you manage to realize that if any of those Hawaiian authorities have seen the long form certificate they broke the law because he sealed that thing and they have no right to see it any more than I do?
Never, because it is not true. First and foremost, you do not appear to understand what "sealed" means. Obama's birth certificate is not sealed, it is protected from unauthorized disclosure just like every other birth certificate in every State of the Union.

In other words, his BC is no more "sealed" than yours is.

Second, some Hawaiian authorities have unfettered access to the vital records of anybody because they have custodial responsibility for those records. They could not do their jobs otherwise. This includes rather explicitly Drs. Fukino and Onaka.

So if you think that Lingle "broke the law," then file a criminal complaint. Otherwise, you are still left in the situation where the officials in the best position to know have told you repeatedly that Obama was born in Hawaii. This includes Lingle, Fukino, Onaka, Obama, his sister, his aunt and the United States Department of State.

That last one by the way was in court and under the penalty of perjury.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
No. What I meant was that release of the long form BC would settle the issue once and for all.
But of course you realize that is not true. Don't you?

The BC is only part one of the Birther fleet of fallback positions. There are at least five others.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:15 PM

14,810 posts, read 13,970,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But of course you realize that is not true. Don't you?

The BC is only part one of the Birther fleet of fallback positions. There are at least five others.
It would settle the issue of whether he was born in Hawaii or not. That's the only issue I was addressing.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:18 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,608,647 times
Quote:
It would settle the issue of whether he was born in Hawaii or not. That's the only issue I was addressing.
It would not, birthers would insist it was a fake...

Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
And again... no it would not. Birthers have already preemptively declared any long form released by the State of Hawaii a forgery. For example, this is from "Citizen Wells" a year ago April:

Quote:
“Don’t know about 9/11 conspiracy, but do know from DC source that an Administration team is working on perfecting a forgery of the long-form birth certificate. They plan on presenting it in a a month or so. The source is FBI agent who has drinking buddy from University of Illinois now in the Administration. Its second hand, but the source is supposed to be solid.

They have already prepared the forgery with special paper and ink. The document was printed on a fully functional 1960 Heidelberger printing press located at a print museum in Toronto. Access was arranged by a trustee of the museum who is connected to a large Canadian banking/investment firm with major US interests.”
The story was then picked up and elaborated on by other Birther blogs, such as "Count Us Out.

Quote:
"The blanks in the forged form were filled in with an old Underwood Manual typewriter bought at an estate sale in Skokie, IL. The raised seal was the easiest piece to fake, since you can by a special order corporate seal from just about any online office supply store.

The only reason they haven’t rolled out the foregery yet is that it is “seasoning” under mild UV light and a back and forth rotation between between a humidifier and a sauna. Get ready….one to two months tops. I also said they’d have to get a 1960s Printing Press, and indeed, by this information, looks like they found one. The banking connection is disturbing too, gives more credibility to this also. The details here are solid."
The COLB settles the issue of whether he was born in Hawaii or not, and it does so under the only requirement where it matters it be settled; under the law.

In Birfistan though, there's always a new place to move the goal posts.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:00 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,133,844 times
Default See Michelle call Barack a 'Kenyan;

TWICE.

Yeah, she calls him that once on each video which makes twice about one year apart. If she doesn't know what he is, who does?

Those who don't want to hear her talk the whole campaign thing can just jump in the first video at about 2:15 and in the second one at about 0:48.

It is hard to believe that she said those words in 2007 after he announced he was running for nomination and the second one in 2008 during the campaign.

I hope you get to see this before it gets in the all in one thread.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 PM

19,635 posts, read 12,394,943 times
Birfer alert.

Barack Obama said the word Kenya in grammar school, birfers declare that as the ultimate proof.

Move on.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 PM

6,899 posts, read 6,566,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
TWICE.

Yeah, she calls him that once on each video which makes twice about one year apart. If she doesn't know what he is, who does?

Those who don't want to hear her talk the whole campaign thing can just jump in the first video at about 2:15 and in the second one at about 0:48.

It is hard to believe that she said those words in 2007 after he announced he was running for nomination and the second one in 2008 during the campaign.

I hope you get to see this before it gets in the all in one thread.

hmm, so a person thats never been to Jamaica, but their parents are Jamaican, they too call themselves a Jamaican, that would nullify their citizenship?

Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 PM

19,635 posts, read 12,394,943 times
My ancestors were Scotts-Irish, yet I was born here. HOLY COW!!!! What a freaking concept!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies