Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 09:19 PM

229 posts, read 241,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
William Ayers has never been convicted of a single crime. Nice smear job. Stopped beating your wife yet?
Calling people "wife beaters" is against forum rules.

"
There has been a sudden spate of blog items and newspaper articles, mainly in the British press, linking Barack Obama to a former member of the radical Weather Underground Organization that claimed responsibility for a dozen bombings between 1970 and 1974. The former Weatherman, William Ayers, now holds the position of distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Although never convicted of any crime, he told the New York Times in September 2001, "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."
Both Obama and Ayers were members of the board of an anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 1999 and 2002. In addition, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate in April 2001, as reported here. They lived within a few blocks of each other in the trendy Hyde Park section of Chicago, and moved in the same liberal-progressive circles.
Is there anything here that raises questions about Obama's judgment or is this just another example of guilt by association?"

Is it not bad enough he brags about the bombs he set off just after 9/11?

Does he really need to be convicted to be considered a "bad guy"?

Are you actually defending William Ayers? Do I hear a sheep?

Nah, just a lib squealing cause the experiment will be over in November!

Oh and just why was he never convicted? Bad cops and lack of the modern forensics tools that are available today.

"In 1973, new information came to light about FBI operations targeted against Weather Underground and the New Left, all part of a series of covert and often illegal FBI projects called COINTEL. [20] Due to the illegal tactics of FBI agents involved with the program, government attorneys requested all weapons- and bomb-related charges be dropped against the Weather Underground, including charges against Ayers."

Just look at this guy, a real boyscout!
Attached Thumbnails
The Eligibility Thread-ayers.jpg  

Old 05-20-2010, 09:36 PM

229 posts, read 241,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
I was assigned to LANDSOUTHEAST during the subject bus attack. First heard about it when a friend called me from Sinop. They always knew what was going on before we did.

The best thing about the Coup was no traffic. The Ltc Lakin trial could lead to events unknown.
I wish to thank you for your service to our country. I may not agree with you, DG or RStone but it is because of people like you I can say what I want to say.

I noticed Wayland women did not bother to thank you but instead chastized you all for being off topic. What heck does "servicing your country" mean?

So again, to all that served ... Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:00 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
I was assigned to LANDSOUTHEAST during the subject bus attack. First heard about it when a friend called me from Sinop. They always knew what was going on before we did.

The best thing about the Coup was no traffic. The Ltc Lakin trial could lead to events unknown.
The problem with us Americans was that you could set your clocks by us. We always seemed to fall into a pattern, and you could find us at the same place, same time every day. What easy targets we were for terrorists. And we were unarmed. There is no more helpless feeling in the world than having nothing to shoot back with. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. My detachment was actually in Izmit, I was just at Cakmakli for training that day.

My story of the coup.

The Turkish Battalion Commander (COL Yilmaz Koratesh was his name) showed up at the detachment where I and one of the other M&A Team leaders were getting some maintenance done on our jeeps (remember jeeps?). He turned to me and said "Tamen Dude. We are in a state of war. We must secure all your radios." When we asked him why, he said it was because the Army was staging a coup, and he couldn't afford to let word get out of Turkey until it was a done deal, and our vehicle radios were something he worried we could communicate with to SETAF HQ in Vincenza.

So, we let him have the radios. And then the other Lieutenant just walked into the orderly and called Vincenza on the phone to announce Turkey was having a coup. It was hilarious.

But I tell you... the terrorist attacks stopped. They were Marxists rather than Islamists in those days.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

As to the LTC Lakin court martial... I'm sure we all know where it's leading. I still cannot get over the awful legal advice he followed to get himself in this mess.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

Again, I only posted it to show that Lakin was no rube who has no idea what he is doing.

but his 'awards' and medals do not matter an iota against his criminal act.

Just because someone wins the Nobel Prize, doesn't absolve him of a murder he commits 10 years later.

Lakin is also screwed because he has to face the fact that no matter if the orders came from a legit President or not, he is subjected to “de facto officer doctrine.”

Quote:
The de facto officer doctrine confers validity upon acts performed by a person acting under the color of official title even though it is later discovered that the legality of that person’s appointment or election to office is deficient. Norton v. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425, 440 (1886). “The de facto doctrine springs from the fear of the chaos that would result from multiple and repetitious suits challenging every action taken by every official whose claim to office could be open to question, and seeks to protect the public by insuring the orderly functioning of the government despite technical defects in title to office.” 63A Am. Jur. 2d, Public Officers and Employees § 578, pp. 1080-1081 (1984) (footnote omitted). The doctrine has been relied upon by this Court in several cases involving challenges by criminal defendants to the authority of a judge who participated in some part of the proceedings leading to their conviction and sentence. Ryder v. United States (94-431), 515 U.S. 177 (1995).
Lakin is toast

Old 05-21-2010, 03:43 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
but his 'awards' and medals do not matter an iota against his criminal act.

Just because someone wins the Nobel Prize, doesn't absolve him of a murder he commits 10 years later.

Lakin is also screwed because he has to face the fact that no matter if the orders came from a legit President or not, he is subjected to “de facto officer doctrine.”

Lakin is toast
I never implied that any of his service and commendations had anything to do with his guilt or innocence. I bring them up only to show that he is not some stupid ninny who got suckered into something. You say he is toast, I say that is your opinion, I will wait until the verdict is read.

I do not know if any of you have read Lakin's letter to the POTUS but, I am going to post it here in hopes that you do. It may help some people to understand where he is coming from.

Terry Lakin Letter to POTUS

March 30, 2010
The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States of America
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Mr. President:

For more than seventeen years, I have had the privilege of serving my country as a member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including overseas assignments in imminent danger/combat areas in Bosnia and Afghanistan.

The United States is an example to the rest of the world of a stable, civilized democratic government where all men are created equal and the rule of law is cherished and obeyed. The U.S. military teaches and promotes the rule of law and civilian control of the military to many other nations and militaries around the world. Every soldier learns what constitutes a lawful order and is encouraged to stand up and object to unlawful orders. My officer's oath of office requires that I swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.

I recently received deployment orders for a second deployment to Afghanistan. My orders included a requirement to bring copies of my birth certificate. I will provide a certified copy of my original birth certificate with common, standard identifiers, including the name of an attending physician and a hospital. Every day in transactions across the country, American citizens are required to prove their identity, and standards for identification have become even stricter since the terrorist attacks on 9/11.

Since the fall of 2008, I have been troubled by reports that your original birth certificate remains concealed from public view along with many other records which, if released, would quickly end questions surrounding your place of birth and "natural born" status. Many people mistake the online Certification of Live Birth for an original birth certificate. Until the summer of 2009, the Hawaiian Department of Homelands would not accept this Certification of Live Birth to determine native Hawaiian identity--the Department insisted upon also reviewing an original birth certificate. Many do not understand that the online document was from 2007, generated by computer, laser-printed, and merely a certification that there is an original birth certificate on file which may or may not be sufficiently probative. An original birth certificate is the underlying document that presumably includes a hospital and attending physician's or midwife's name that should lay to rest the "natural born" dispute.

In 2008, after pressure from the news media, Senator McCain produced an original birth certificate from the Panama Canal Zone; a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing examined and affirmed his "natural born" status and Constitutional eligibility to serve as President. The U.S. Senate was silent about your eligibility, despite statements from Kenyan citizens that you were born in Mombasa, including your paternal grandmother and the Ambassador from Kenya to the U.S. during a radio interview. Hawaiian state officials claim they cannot release an original birth certificate without your consent.

I have attempted through my chain of command for many months to get answers to the questions surrounding your eligibility. I also sought answers, unsuccessfully, through my Congressional delegation. You serve as my Commander-in-Chief. Given the fact that the certification that your campaign posted online was not a document that the Hawaiian Department of Homelands regarded as a sufficient substitute for the original birth certificate and given that it has been your personal decision that has prevented the Hawaiian Department of Health from releasing your original birth certificate or any Hawaiian hospital from releasing your records, the burden of proof must rest with you.

Please assure the American people that you are indeed constitutionally eligible to serve as Commander-in-Chief and thereby may lawfully direct service members into harm's way. I will be proud to deploy to Afghanistan to further serve my country and my fellow soldiers, but I should only do so with the knowledge that this important provision of our Constitution is respected and obeyed. The people that continue to risk their lives and give the ultimate sacrifice to the service of our country deserve to know they do so upholding their vows to the oath of office and the Constitution.

Unless it is established (by this sufficient proof that should be easily within your power to provide) that you are constitutionally eligible to serve as President and my Commander-in-Chief, I, and all other military officers may be following illegal orders. Therefore, sir, until an original birth certificate is brought forward that validates your eligibility and puts to rest the other reasonable questions surrounding your unproven eligibility; I cannot in good conscience obey ANY military orders.

Respectfully,
// Terry Lakin
Lieutenant Colonel Terrence Lakin, USA

Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times

Isn't it interesting that Lakin addressed his letter to the 'President of the United States of America' but he is willing to throw his future away betting that Obama really isn't the POTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
I wish to thank you for your service to our country. I may not agree with you, DG or RStone but it is because of people like you I can say what I want to say.

I noticed Wayland women did not bother to thank you but instead chastized you all for being off topic. What heck does "servicing your country" mean?

I misspelled 'serving' and you misspelled 'chastised' so are we even now? As for you trying to insult me for not thank the guys on this thread for serving their country at the same time you did thank them kind of takes the sincerity out of your praise in my opinion. The whole purpose of that post of mine you're criticizing was to get the two guys in a peeing contest over their personal service records to back down before a wind comes up and they both got their faces washed in the spray i.e. a moderator comes along and gives them both infractions for being off topic.

And by the way, I support veterans homes and VFWs with my donations and when I was younger with my time. My life-long actions speak for me.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-21-2010 at 07:33 AM..

Old 05-21-2010, 07:25 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And yet you did not.

Show some respect for those who have.
Amen to that. I am so sick of RW chicken hawks who's claim to fame is someone else in their family served. The "I wanted to serve but couldn't" is so lame.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Amen to that. I am so sick of RW chicken hawks who's claim to fame is someone else in their family served. The "I wanted to serve but couldn't" is so lame.
There are many who wanted to serve but could not, for very legitimate reasons. They should not be marginalized or dissed by those who hate the right overall. I'm sure there are people on the left who wanted to serve but could not. Is their situation any different?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:41 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Rand Paul: Obama's criticism of BP 'un-American' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100521/ap_on_bi_ge/us_rand_paul - broken link)

Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

There are many who wanted to serve but could not, for very legitimate reasons. They should not be marginalized or dissed by those who hate the right overall. I'm sure there are people on the left who wanted to serve but could not. Is their situation any different?
If you didn't serve then you probably should **** about service issues. Regardless of why you didn't serve. For sure you should avoid the chicken hawk syndrome that is so endemic in the RW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies