U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 AM

40,171 posts, read 24,385,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Here's an explanation on a Natural Born Citizen.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States;” However, the XIV Amendment makes no mention of “natural born citizen” as it was written to address issues of “immigration” and “naturalization,”—which excludes any redress regarding “native” or “natural born” citizens of the Unites States. In short, “natural born” is the exact opposite of “naturalized.” They are two completely different subjects and as we know, “naturalized citizens” cannot hold the office of President, though they are indeed “citizens” with otherwise equal rights. As Barack Hussein Obama’s stated birth father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. was at no time in his life a citizen of the United States, but rather a British subject and native citizen of Kenya, it is not possible for Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. to be a “natural born citizen” of the United States. It is therefore not possible for Barack Hussein Obama Jr. to be a constitutionally qualified resident of the people’s White House.

The Bottom Line on Natural Born Citizen

Too bad this is bull****.

Several of our Presidents have had foreign-born parents. Born in the USA equals natural-born. Unless you can find a court decision that says otherwise. (Hint: you can't.)

Old 04-22-2010, 07:28 AM

40,171 posts, read 24,385,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Congress should have hearings to consider suspending Obama being CINC until it is 100% definite and without a doubt to all Americans he was born in Hawaii and it is ruled by the Supreme Court is a Natural Born Citizen.
"Without a doubt to all Americans"....roflmao.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:43 AM

3,858 posts, read 6,135,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Obama's birth was registered four days after his birth. .
Obama was born on a Friday night. It wasn't possible to submit paperwork until gov't offices opened on Monday - then add a day for processing.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:46 AM

22,915 posts, read 16,291,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, I have one. I know they can be renewed.

The questions are... Was Obama included on his mother's passport, as was done back in the 1960s, when they travelled to Indonesia? Or did he get a passport of his own? When he eventually did get one of his own, what kind of a birth certificate did he use to get it? Was it an attended birth certificate, with the hospital and doctor's signature listed? Or was it the kind where "any person having knowledge of the birth" could say whatever they want and have that entered into the birth record?
I got a passport as a kid in the 1960s as did my brother and sister. We all had our own passports - none of us was included on either of our parents' passports.
And, note that the article said 'passports', not 'passport'. It also says that neither had ever left the country up to that point.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:51 AM

22,915 posts, read 16,291,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i believe informed is talking about when stanley ann moved to seattle after obama's birth.
She didn't move to Seattle after his birth. Her father moved the family from Seattle to Hawaii when she was still in high school. She then lived in Hawaii until she moved to Indonesia to be with her new husband, six years after the President was born (in Hawaii).

Old 04-22-2010, 07:53 AM

19,216 posts, read 13,001,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Too bad this is bull****.

Several of our Presidents have had foreign-born parents. Born in the USA equals natural-born. Unless you can find a court decision that says otherwise. (Hint: you can't.)
How about being born in an incubator on the moon - would that be natural-born too?

Born in the USA equals native-born, but not necessarily natural-born.

Well! I guess being born in Canada is native-born, too - to Canadians, that is!

Many of the natives are restless.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:55 AM

20,337 posts, read 9,881,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
She didn't move to Seattle after his birth.
article about stanley ann's time in seattle after the birth.:

Denied:1up! Software () (http://www.capitolhilltimes.com/main.asp?SectionID=26&SubSectionID=248&ArticleID=2 7447 - broken link)

Old 04-22-2010, 08:09 AM

87,020 posts, read 102,674,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Obama was born on a Friday night. It wasn't possible to submit paperwork until gov't offices opened on Monday - then add a day for processing.
I think you misunderstood me. I have worked in OB. It is common for the bc to be processed a few days later. What I'm saying is these laws about delayed bcs that take different information is that they are for people who are applying for a bc a year or more after the birth. If Obama had such an alternative bc, the registration date would be much later.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 AM

3,858 posts, read 6,135,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think you misunderstood me. I have worked in OB. It is common for the bc to be processed a few days later. What I'm saying is these laws about delayed bcs that take different information is that they are for people who are applying for a bc a year or more after the birth. If Obama had such an alternative bc, the registration date would be much later.
I'm in agreement with you - it's just that some see a the 4 day delay (over a weekend) as a sign of shenanigans and a weekend dash from the middle of a jungle (Kenya or Indonesia- take your pick) across an ocean.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:23 PM

20,337 posts, read 9,881,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Kenya or Indonesia- take your pick.
i've never understood where the " born in indonesia " concept comes from. i get the thought process behind " indonesian citizen " theory. somebody ( my guess is lolo soetoro but.... dunno ) listed obama as indonesian citizen on an elementary school application. great. only problem with that is it defies the rules of the US state dept on citizenship. where is any evidence that any obama or dunham was anywhere near indonesia in '61 ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies