Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
This kind of commentary has no place on a program touted to be "news". I have never been a fan of Brit Hume, but after seeing this it will be very difficult to take seriously anything he says.

It is a matter of continued frustration to me that conservatives continue to shoot themselves in the foot and aid the political standing of the left by taking this seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 03:56 AM

195 posts, read 293,706 times
Brit Hume has a long track record of success and has recently moved to part time. He does not care if someone does not like what he says. He is stating his opinion. That is what they do quite successfully on FoxNews.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Well he said that Buddhism doesn't offer the "kind" of forgiveness or redemption that Christianity offers. I wonder what that means.

It doesn't offer the blame, guilt, or threats of fire and brimstone either

Old 01-06-2010, 05:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
The title of your thread does no reflect what hume said. Thus more fox hate. Hume did not say he must become a Christian to be forgiven, he just said the Christian religion is better on forgiving people that Buddhists which he is reported to be. So the title just shows your hate and bias .

when you show such bias in the very title of yoru thread by blatanlty mis quoting what was said, shows much about your intention

Old 01-06-2010, 05:12 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What I found odd is that Hume was essentially saying, "My religion is better than your religion." That's really narrow-minded and a dangerous mindset to have.
I thnik most people thnik their religion is the true belief;just as aethist think those people are fools for beleiving. He has perfect right to his belief and those who think he doesn't are the dangerous people IMO.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik most people thnik their religion is the true belief;just as aethist think those people are fools for beleiving. He has perfect right to his belief and those who think he doesn't are the dangerous people IMO.
Who doesn't think he has a right to his belief?

Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,243 times
To Britt Humes,
First of all, Foregiveness and redemption starts at home and anyone person whether be Buddhist, Jewish, Christian, foregiveness starts within. I don't know Jesus but I have read about Jesus. Jesus was a prophet. Now, how in the heck would turning to Christianity equit to being able to forgive yourself? You need to be a Christian to forgiveness? How so?
Britt Hume pretends to be a Christian (Christ-Like), but aren't Christians suppose to accept all people, all religions?

And what is it with Christians that they feel they have to tell people what to do or what to feel? Most Christians are not true Christians. A true Christian leads their life by example, not by what comes out of their mouth.
Americans are becoming wise to the Christian values. I know many of my friends when they became older, they became Christians. I laugh because each of these people were "sinful" and now they preach Jesus. Hey, that is great that each one of them live their life under positive circumstances but Jesus was the answer and not their own decision, that sounds like brainwashed.
I suppose if you are a Christian and are promiscuous, you are forgiven and redeemed by Jesus. And if you are not a Christian, you forgive yourself.
Buddhism is teachings of common sense. You take responsibility of self through your thoughts and thinking, there is no third party.

If being Christian works for you all the power to you. However; with that said, respect those who are not Christian.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:11 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
To Britt Humes,
First of all, Foregiveness and redemption starts at home and anyone person whether be Buddhist, Jewish, Christian, foregiveness starts within. I don't know Jesus but I have read about Jesus. Jesus was a prophet. Now, how in the heck would turning to Christianity equit to being able to forgive yourself? You need to be a Christian to forgiveness? How so?
Britt Hume pretends to be a Christian (Christ-Like), but aren't Christians suppose to accept all people, all religions?

And what is it with Christians that they feel they have to tell people what to do or what to feel? Most Christians are not true Christians. A true Christian leads their life by example, not by what comes out of their mouth.
Americans are becoming wise to the Christian values. I know many of my friends when they became older, they became Christians. I laugh because each of these people were "sinful" and now they preach Jesus. Hey, that is great that each one of them live their life under positive circumstances but Jesus was the answer and not their own decision, that sounds like brainwashed.
I suppose if you are a Christian and are promiscuous, you are forgiven and redeemed by Jesus. And if you are not a Christian, you forgive yourself.
Buddhism is teachings of common sense. You take responsibility of self through your thoughts and thinking, there is no third party.

If being Christian works for you all the power to you. However; with that said, respect those who are not Christian.
Word of advice: when you profess ignorance about a topic (as you did about Jesus) don't go on to demonstrate that ignorance by expounding at length about something you know virtually nothing about.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What I found odd is that Hume was essentially saying, "My religion is better than your religion." That's really narrow-minded and a dangerous mindset to have.

oh poo poo

Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Well he said that Buddhism doesn't offer the "kind" of forgiveness or redemption that Christianity offers. I wonder what that means.
It doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I didn't hear Hume say tiger MUST become Christian to be saved. Hume thinks turning to Jesus has more redemption for Tiger, that is all he said and that is Hume's opinion.

I am Christian but I know there are those who use Jesus as a shield and nothing else. I think Hume is sincere but it won't work if the person does not want to change, no matter what faith you turn to.
You're right. It won't work unless there is sincerity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Christianity is 'better' than Buddhism. It's better than all other religions in that Christianity offers salvation and ever lasting life. It also provides for free will. Anyone may choose not to accept the Christ as their Saviour but in doing so they forsake salvation. It's an easy choice really.
Yes, an easy choice, and a free choice. It is never forced upon anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The title of your thread does no reflect what hume said. Thus more fox hate. Hume did not say he must become a Christian to be forgiven, he just said the Christian religion is better on forgiving people tha Buddhists which he is reported to be. So the title just shows your hate and bias .

When you show such bias in the very title of yoru thread by blatanlty mis quoting what was said, shows much about your intention
I'm getting used to seeing such distortions as the title (and purpose) of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Word of advice: when you profess ignorance about a topic (as you did about Jesus) don't go on to demonstrate that ignorance by expounding at length about something you know virtually nothing about.
My thought exactly.

On the subject of Hume, I have great respect for the courage and conviction he showed when he said that, along with the kindness, compassion and gentleness with which he said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies