Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:02 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Tiger himself stated that he has transgressed. That really is all that is needed to see that he knows he needs forgiveness and healing. We don't need to judge, but we can show him the way to that -- the way that we know from experience works. There's no harm in that, and comes from a heart of caring. That's what Brit showed. You all are making way too much of this.

However, Brit also said something that has been glossed over: whenever Christ is mentioned, there's a huge outpouring of hate and ridicule from many. It's the name of Jesus Christ that brings this on. There's just something about that name!
Damn right I am...For Brit to take a situation, of none of his business, and suggest to Tiger that he need to come to Christ to get right with the world.

If Brit really felt a momment of Christian charity and ministry...then he should have reached out privately to Tiger...Man to Man. Instead Brit offers his hand as a part of a television show....Please.

Truly Im fighting Tigers fight, because if I were Tiger, Id be looking for Brit on the Streets of NY...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 02:03 PM

146 posts, read 149,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Damn right I am...For Brit to take a situation, of none of his business, and suggest to Tiger that he need to come to Christ to get right with the world.

If Brit really felt a momment of Christian charity and ministry...then he should have reached out privately to Tiger...Man to Man. Instead Brit offers his hand as a part of a television show....Please.

Truly Im fighting Tigers fight, because if I were Tiger, Id be looking for Brit on the Streets of NY...
tough guy eh?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:05 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
I think this comment further indicts Fox as a biased media source that caters to not just conservatives but Evangelicals. I'm a centrist Republican and an admirer of Fox News but I will admit that I am turned off by this comment and it has changed my view of Fox. He is a journalist and for him to belittle a faith that he has little knowledge of in favor of Christianity is ridiculous. This is an embarrassment to Fox.

And before people jump on my case, ask yourself this, if Sanjay Gupta claimed that Dick Cheney's Evangelical Christian faith led to his heart disease because Christianity doesn't espouse peace as well as Hinduism, how would you react? We know how you would react. There would be a thread about this and all the right wing conservatives would be blasting him for it.

All I ask is that you be fair about this. It's pretty obvious his comment was uncalled for regardless if you are an Evangelical or Christian. But of course, the partisan gamesmanship will require that all conservatives disagree with me because they have to protect their "team"

It might be Hume's right to make those type of comments. And Fox is entitled to govern itself but Fox should know that comments like that is going to lose watchers like myself who are conservatives but not necessarily Evangelicals.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:06 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

wow. Tell us how you really feel.

(are you Tiger by any chance?)

Old 01-06-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I will admit that I am turned off by this comment and it has changed my view of Fox.
Fox should know that comments like that is going to lose watchers like myself who are conservatives but not necessarily Evangelicals.
Do you only listen/watch programs with which you agree on everything?

I watch Fox, and I don't agree with everything, nor do I expect them to mirror all my views in order to favor them with my time and attention.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post

I wonder what Brit Hume has to become to be forgiven.......

Old 01-06-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I wonder what Brit Hume has to become to be forgiven.......
Forgiven for what?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I had a chance to see, and hear, all of the sound bites and video concerning the whole Brit Hume matter...

I don't have a problem with Christians, Christianity, people uttering the Lord's name (LOL...as many times as I may have taken it in vain), etc...

Where I DO have a problem, is that a 'senior political analyst' on a major cable network, took it upon himself to offer a 'faith-based' solution to someone else's problems on TV, and took a swipe at that person's (professed/alleged) faith to boot---and that shouldn't have been his call...

If I, or anyone else, wants to come to the Christian faith, then we should be able to do so of our own accord, with an open mind and heart, without being told that we're 'godless' or that we're going to hell because we don't cut the crust off our tuna-fish sandwiches, or wear white after Labor Day...

In short, don't try to shove your faith down my throat, and then get mad when you trigger my gag reflex
Good shot!

Old 01-06-2010, 02:20 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I didn't hear Hume say tiger MUST become Christian to be saved. Hume thinks turning to Jesus has more redemption for Tiger, that is all he said and that is Hume's opinion.
Did he have to use the word "MUST" to convey that concept because I certainly received the impression he was saying Tiger needed to turn to Christianity. Hume is also a journalist and it is his job to research his opinions. Hume also suggested he knows little about Buddhism but that didn't stop him from judging it as a faith. Making an uneducated and uninformed opinion regarding Buddhism shows his lack of professionalism.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:20 PM

146 posts, read 149,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Forgiven for what?
forgiven for hurting their childish feelings by using a dirty word such as Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies