Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No doubt there is threats against Obama but we are talking about tea party members here. Your claim was that Tea party members was inciting violence against the president and I am waiting to see you actually back that up. I am waiting for you to show me 1 sign from a tea party member that compares to the ones I posted. I'll be waiting

Psst there were many threats against Bush also

Hey you can be a hypocrite all you like. Thats on you
For one, reread my post. You are misquoting me, in addition to the personal attack.

Second, the point is what to call these people. I'm calling them teabaggers. Is that really so bad? You can call the people in your pics whatever you want - traitors, terrorists, whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 10:52 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
For one, reread my post. You are misquoting me, in addition to the personal attack.

Second, the point is what to call these people. I'm calling them teabaggers. Is that really so bad? You can call the people in your pics whatever you want - traitors, terrorists, whatever.
FTR, calling them teabaggers is disrepectful given the fact that you know the connotation. There is no factual basis in calling them teabaggers. I don't see the teaparty movement as a bunch of people engaging in ***** oral-testicular sex acts. The terms used in referring to the people in the pictures Jadex posted have at least some factual basis, albeit opinion based. One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, blah blah.

The only reason you continue to use the term teabagger is to show disrespect and disdain for a movement with which you do not agree. It reflects negatively on you, and that's about it.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
oh I'm sure it wasn't an official...seems to me that it did come from the members themselves. It's a pretty obscure sexual term so I am quite sure there are many (especially on the religious right) who have no idea what it is...
I have neither the time nor the inclination to do any research but perhaps someone else does.

Oh by the way, I personally am not the least bit scared of the "movement"...althought it is a bit embarassing to the Republican side of things.
Could you explain why it is embarrassing to the Republicans? Enquiring minds want to know...

Nita

Old 01-06-2010, 10:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Just a gentle suggestion, could you type slower or edit your posts? The typos are not reflecting well on your "movement"
Isn't that a personal attack? I think we are supposed to attack views not individuals?

Nita

Old 01-06-2010, 10:54 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
oh well, again we will have to agree to disagree.
You know you keep asking questions. People answer them then youre response is we will have to agree to disagree. Then you claim to be independent but yet you have yet to offer a solution or opinion . You claim to be a deep thinker but then admit that you only base your opinion on the tea party on a couple things you've seen on the net. Then claim to be open to listen.

You are right we will have to agree to disagree because there is no talking to you. We answer you avoid and offer nothing.

So have a nice day

Old 01-06-2010, 11:00 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
FTR, calling them teabaggers is disrepectful given the fact that you know the connotation. There is no factual basis in calling them teabaggers. I don't see the teaparty movement as a bunch of people engaging in ***** oral-testicular sex acts. The terms used in referring to the people in the pictures Jadex posted have at least some factual basis, albeit opinion based. One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, blah blah.

The only reason you continue to use the term teabagger is to show disrespect and disdain for a movement with which you do not agree. It reflects negatively on you, and that's about it.
Yes, it is disrespectful. That's the point: I have no respect for these people. As a group, they are misguided and ignorant. If that reflects negatively on me, so be it.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:03 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Yes, it is disrespectful. That's the point: I have no respect for these people. As a group, they are misguided and ignorant. If that reflects negatively on me, so be it.
Is calling someone a "teabagger" as derogatory as making fun of the way Asian people speak?

Tiger Getting In Touch With His Inner Homeboy?

Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:

Quote:
Hmmm... where to start.

The people in the pics are comparing the President of the United States with a man who killed millions of people in probably the single worst tragedy of the last century. They are accusing the POTUS of wanting to enslave white people. They are using fear and hate to potentially incite violence against our democratically elected President.
You are talking about tea party members holding signs and then went on to say whats in bold.

Then you go on to say this like its an excuse for the pictures I posted
Quote:
One difference is that Bush actually WAS responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands people. Obama so far has not invaded any random countries to avenge his pappy.
So I asked you since we are talking about tea party members what they are doing that incites violence

Then you wanna talk about how they are insulting while you are insulting them but dont seem to think that makes someone a hypocrite.

1 more question has Obama ended those wars? I'll also be waiting for you to prove that Bush invaded random countries to avenge his father that is your opinion not a fact. Lets ignore how congress voted and approved of what you claim. So wouldnt they also be to blame?

So I'll be waiting for the tea party member that is inciting violence against the president. Since they are who we are talking about since you said that 2nd post to a tea party member holding a sign that also had something to do with Hitler

Last edited by Jadex; 01-06-2010 at 11:31 AM..

Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,455,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You know you keep asking questions. People answer them then youre response is we will have to agree to disagree. Then you claim to be independent but yet you have yet to offer a solution or opinion . You claim to be a deep thinker but then admit that you only base your opinion on the tea party on a couple things you've seen on the net. Then claim to be open to listen.

You are right we will have to agree to disagree because there is no talking to you. We answer you avoid and offer nothing.

So have a nice day
I did listen, I heard what you said, I disagree. In my gut, I don't think it would have worked. I absolutely do not have any claim that I know what to do, in fact many times I have said I don't know the right answer. BUT I am not out there protesting saying my way is the right way either. I thank you for taking the time to articulate the Tea Party's position, it was helpful. I don't agree with your stance...so I won't be going to any marches. That said, no one is keeping you so feel free. There's no reason to attack me just because I disagree with you. I have not attacked you due to your opinions. Oh and the reason I asked for your stance in the first place is because I don't know much about it other than what I see online and on TV, which I'm sure is only the fringes of the movement.

You want to know what I think? there is no right answer. Every potential solution is fraught with pitfalls. I am a moderate...I am for less spending and tax cuts for small business but I am also for the public option as a solution to healthcare. I think the stimulus was needed, but no I'm not happy with how it worked out. I think all politicians are corrupt and that the people we would want to really lead the country would never want to be President.

and to the person who questioned my comment about the tea party movement being an embarrassment to many republicans, it is. To moderates. That's the problem...we are either way right or way left and neither is where the core of the American people reside.

Last edited by arielmina; 01-06-2010 at 11:26 AM..

Old 01-06-2010, 11:20 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the meaning comes with sexual connotation and those that choose to use it are not using it to be polite. So if you wish to back such a meaning then that is your problem with respecting people.

Show me anywhere in a history book where the Boston tea party members were ever called teabaggers.
I said "can be called teabaggers". I did not say they were.

In the english language we use today it is common practice to say one who paints is a painter, one who builds is a builder. Adding er to the end of the act denotes one who does the act. Thus one who follows the tea bag movement is a tea bagger.

Those that infer the term teabagger in regards to the tea bag movement is sexual are the ones that have a problem. In this context it has nothing to do with sex. And I do not respect those people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies