Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:58 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Do you have good health insurance? If so, It'll cost you more in taxes...

"In a meeting at the White House, Obama expressed his preference for the insurance tax contained in the Senate's health overhaul bill, but largely opposed by House Democrats and organized labor, Democratic aides said. The aides spoke on condition of anonymity because the meeting was private.
House Democrats want to raise income taxes on high-income individuals instead and are reluctant to abandon that approach, while recognizing that they will have to bend on that and other issues so that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., can maintain his fragile 60-vote majority support for the bill."
AP sources: Obama OKs taxing high-end health plans - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100106/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul - broken link)

Organized labor is going to love this, what with their cushy cadillac benefits and all. They'll be singin' the SEIU 'Obama's taxin' my health care' blues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
I know our public workers in NJ will have a s**t fit as they have benefit packages that are cast in gold.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
I don't see how they are going to get the votes on a final bill. So much is being changed in the house bill, how much will the left cave? If they don't then the Senate won't pass it, this is going to be a problem.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:53 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
So instead of getting the money from households earning over $350K per year they will get the money from many union members that have high cost health plans.

And all the right wingers who claim that they are for the "middle class" will applaud.

Typical .....the right doesn't even have the mental sophistication to support policies in their own best interest.

All they know is union members got screwed and they are happy about it.

Meanwhile, the true power brokers in this Country (the ultra wealthy) go untouched in this whole debate.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
So instead of getting the money from households earning over $350K per year they will get the money from many union members that have high cost health plans.

And all the right wingers who claim that they are for the "middle class" will applaud.

Typical .....the right doesn't even have the mental sophistication to support policies in their own best interest.

All they know is union members got screwed and they are happy about..

This is really funny, the Dems are behind all this yet some posters feel the need to blame the Republicans. This is why the Dems will always have a number of lemmings vote for them regardless of what they do.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is really funny, the Dems are behind all this yet some posters feel the need to blame the Republicans. This is why the Dems will always have a number of lemmings vote for them regardless of what they do.
You're simply clueless as to the bargaining that went on.

It was the Blue Dog Dems in the Senate that rejected the the House plan to tax the wealthy.

They demanded that the tax on high cost health plans be the revenue source.

The Blue Dogs are the Conservative Dems who vote with GOP.

This whole process as been an effort to get their vote.

As I said....it's actually too complex for you to understand.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,695 times
^^^ I agree its like no one told them that R's are not even allowed in the backroom deals yet they still complain. Ahhh nov will be a nice wakeup call to these pinheads then they can complain cuz R's will be in power.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Will 95% of us will still get our tax breaks as Bubba promised?

Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You're simply clueless as to the bargaining that went on.

It was the Blue Dog Dems in the Senate that rejected the the House plan to tax the wealthy.

They demanded that the tax on high cost health plans be the revenue source.

The Blue Dogs are the Conservative Dems who vote with GOP.

This whole process as been an effort to get their vote.

As I said....it's actually too complex for you to understand.
Ha this wins the award as the funniest post of the evening. It was Dems that wanted to tax cadillac plans. Some how in your mind because they are conservative they aren't Dems. I say some poor souls are so simple that they can't understand that the Dems sold them out. And I then read this. Imagine my delight at having someone prove my point so quickly!

Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
^^^ I agree its like no one told them that R's are not even allowed in the backroom deals yet they still complain. Ahhh nov will be a nice wakeup call to these pinheads then they can complain cuz R's will be in power.
Steve even a 3rd grader would know that just because one Party votes as a block against a bill that doesnt have a thing in the World to do with the whether that Party was able to influence the bill itself.

The bill that we have now doesnt have the medical industry sacrifice, it doesn't have the wealthy sacrifice.

All in an effort to appease the corporate shills in Congress who are compromised of Blue Dog Dems and the GOP.

We will never get the Country turned around until white, middle aged, bigoted men start worrying about their families more than blaming brown people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies